What's new

Guide - Heavy Weapons Heard you like RCs bro

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Thanks man. I just want to share with the community that Jax's play style isn't a one way street.
Yeah man I hear you. I use Pumped Up when I play, but damn Heavy Weapons looks more and more enticing after this video. I'm now convinced that Jax could compete with the better zoners of the game, then close the distance and go in for the kill.

Yeah man I hear you. I use Pumped Up when I play, but damn Heavy Weapons looks more and more enticing after this video. I'm now convinced that Jax could compete with the better zoners of the game, then close the distance and go in for the kill.
Exactly my point. Most players stick to whatever mainstream the high level players show. Not taking anything away from Tyrant because his Jax is amazing. I just personally feel that in this variation, if the Jax player incorporated this in their play style, mixed with pressure then their opponent would truly be fucked.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Gonna have to agree with D4G there, that Kotal had absolutely no concept of footsi or even run forward armor to blow up the rocket. And he didn't counter poke blocked pokes for shit. Sick cancels though.

Gonna have to agree with D4G there, that Kotal had absolutely no concept of footsi or even run forward armor to blow up the rocket. And he didn't counter poke blocked pokes for shit. Sick cancels though.
Even if he did run cancel into an armored attack, I would've deadlocked it with an armored attack of my own. You can see it in the video several times that he runs in after a blocked rocket and I go for an ex dash punch.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Even if he did run cancel into an armored attack, I would've deadlocked it with an armored attack of my own. You can see it in the video several times that he runs in after a blocked rocket and I go for an ex dash punch.
Beats sitting back and doing jack. Besides, he could run block. There are answers to the zoning, may not be easy but there are. Still solid on the zoning life though

Beats sitting back and doing jack. Besides, he could run block. There are answers to the zoning, may not be easy but there are. Still solid on the zoning life though
I agree. There are ways around zoning. This post was just to show a different way to play this variation that will aid the player in creating mind games, control space as well as build meter.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Heavy Weapons jax is Kotal's hardest match by a mile. I can tell you from experience Kotal basically is paralyzed in that match once Jax gets some range. Only thing Kotal can do is get in the old fashion way, and Jax holding and waiting makes it very scary and hard to do so.

*ed*

Don't mean to derail the thread though, sorry aboot that. RC away.

Last edited:
how do u rocket cancel into combos? ive been trying but i still dont really get it. ive been kicking ass without rocket cancelling but if someone can tell me exactly what to press and when i'd appreciate it.

how do u rocket cancel into combos? ive been trying but i still dont really get it. ive been kicking ass without rocket cancelling but if someone can tell me exactly what to press and when i'd appreciate it.
You have input the buttons to "Run" directly after you pull out the rocket, then immediately cancel into whatever you so choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
I'm a liOTE="Conflict.90, post: 1836175, member: 35148"]Do it bro. Take the tools I've posted and add to it. Makes the variation stronger. Multiple heads are better than 1.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little too used to wrestler. That cmd grab, and energy blast make his pressure crazy. His corner damage is even more insane than hw.