Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uninstall the game

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Been playing Batman and started my Red Hood.As things stand, I’m struggling mostly against counter pick Aquaman’s, Deadshot and surprisingly Harley.Any body who I should pick up for match-up coverage?(if possible, describe the character and it’s playstyle in depth)

(would like it to be a character who doesn’t get bodied by Supergirl, preferably)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Hmmmm....*thinks*....I was in the same boat as you like a couple weeks ago so i know the struggle is really REAL! It all depends on your playstyle or ....think about it this way....what is the main thing your main character lacks? Pick up a character that compliments your main so you have a solid sqaud.

Mine is Harley Queen, but I had to realize that she can't beat everybody. So I had that mindset and it worked. Now im working on Sub Zero, Starfire and whoever else.

Maybe that will help for you as well.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Try Green Arrow, he's very fundamentally solid. Not to mention, easy to get into.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Because giving you a piece of mind to think of a character on YOUR OWN is better than me picking a character for you. You know yourself better than anybody else does.

But if it means that much to you....i will vote....i guess....:l:qtl:rolleyes::qtr:r

AkioOf100

I play Raph
??? Beetle can go head to head w/ deadshot. He can shoot projectiles in the air & his mb projectile is mid and plus. He smothers tf out of deadshot up close if played right.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Well, I'll vote after this post, but it depends on what you're after.

If you JUST want to win, ie style is irrelevant and it's just a matter of beating people - Deadshot.

Deadshot doesn't really lose to anyone. There are a couple characters that claim to 6/4 him but it's always a huge debate and no one REALLY does. He wins or.goes even with every character in the game. He has mix, staggers of a kind, pressure of a kind, best zoning you can get, insane meterbuild, his j1 is worth mentioning because it means you win any air trade automatically AND he's easy to pick up as a pocket character. You can have a tertiary Deadshot and it be quite good.

SG is the next option because she doesn't really lose any MUs but I feel like, for what you're looking for, Deadshot is the better character.

Thingy

Retired account
You will not find a character that will beat all of Supergirl, Deadshot, and Aquaman. Batman and Red Hood are all you need, just work on the MUs or you will be frustrated no matter who you use. There is always a counterpick.

You are trying to pick up another character for the wrong reason. Grind the hard MUs, do not waste time learning another character at this point.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
??? Beetle can go head to head w/ deadshot. He can shoot projectiles in the air & his mb projectile is mid and plus. He smothers tf out of deadshot up close if played right.

Even if Beetle was, I wouldn't vote for him here. Beetle is amazing and I've had more fun with him than anyone I've played with for the most part, but Beetle isn't a great pocket character - at least IMO - he's more of a main. The more I learn about him the more I realize he plays pretty differently depending on the player you're facing and the character that player is playing. That's the genius of Beetle, but as kind of tertiary or side line character, I think a simple SG or Deadshot would give better results. Beetle takes a lot of dedication.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Even if Beetle was, I wouldn't vote for him here. Beetle is amazing and I've had more fun with him than anyone I've played with for the most part, but Beetle isn't a great pocket character - at least IMO - he's more of a main. The more I learn about him the more I realize he plays pretty differently depending on the player you're facing and the character that player is playing. That's the genius of Beetle, but as kind of tertiary or side line character, I think a simple SG or Deadshot would give better results. Beetle takes a lot of dedication.
Agreed. Let go of all of your other characters and devote yourself to Lord Beetle. :^)

Sazbak

Noob
If you want to win then wait until the next patch before picking up a new character like Deadshot. It's highly probable he will get nerfed.

(would like it to be a character who doesn’t get bodied by Supergirl, preferably)
Welp, So you just narrowed it down dramatically...
you have catwoman, wowo, batman.
Only characters that don't get completely shat on by superskank.

My vote goes to catwoman, as it fits with your batman and redhood, she is fun, and does well against aquaman.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If you're struggling with Deadshot, don't pick up Fate. If you like Deadshot then I'd say he fits your description best.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Is this your first fighting game?

If it's not, find a character that has similar qualities to your favourite character that's what I do if my mains don't return in the next installment or the developers changed them too much.

I was a Jade main in MK9, in the first month of MKX Mournful Kitana was not what I hoped for at all so I picked up characters like A-List Johnny Cage, Shaolin Kung Jin, Shotgun Jacqui, Piercing Mileena (my first true main) & Tanya until I bit the bullet until I picked up Lasher Takeda for real (He was secondary at the time) and loved it and was just the character I wanted from the start: a character that has many long range normals, a long range overhead, a low projectile & restands which Jade had in MK9.

I know a few people did the same. I know someone who loves using Johnny Cage in MK so when he plays Virtua Fighter or DOA5 he uses Jacky Bryant. Someone else I know uses Zack in DOA so he uses Bruce & Bryan in Tekken when he finally picked up MK he uses Jax.

If it is, just use everyone until you find a character that you enjoy using and work on your strengths. If you simply don't care about any of that and just want to win, force yourself to learn a top tier character.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I know it is gonna look like a copy and paste post, but you forgot Sub-Zero. Out if the options that are presented here I chose Starfire, both are great characters, give both of them a shot.