What's new

Question - Cutthroat Having a lot of issues with COD jax as cutthroat

I just played this MU about 30 times offline and I only won once and that was because my opponent messed up the input for rocket a few times. My problem with the match up is once I get in he just blocks low and I can't get in range for back 1 due to knock back from jax's moves. Does anyone have experience with this MU that can throw me a bone? Also general tips on how to open people up. With the abysmal range on b1 I find it really hard to hit someone if they're blocking low.

Clampa_

Learn from this.
I just played this MU about 30 times offline and I only won once and that was because my opponent messed up the input for rocket a few times. My problem with the match up is once I get in he just blocks low and I can't get in range for back 1 due to knock back from jax's moves. Does anyone have experience with this MU that can throw me a bone? Also general tips on how to open people up. With the abysmal range on b1 I find it really hard to hit someone if they're blocking low.
Not a Kano expert here, however have you tried using kano airball after a jumped rocket, startup on that move is god-like. Also it seems based on what you said if they are just block low you could dash up real close and b1 em, if they arent blocking however f4 has good range and priority which will get them to respect you enough to get some mix-up pressure possibly.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Use b1 only from jumpins or in corners

Edit: if you can spare a bar, EX throw in corner, front walk a bit, b1

Last edited:

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Yep, jump over a rocket and air kanoball. Careful of up-rockets though. Haven't actually seen a smart Jax would use them yet, but still.
Also, on crouch-blockers you can use b31 which is +2 now, then throw out a quick poke to beat out their move. I usually go for a d4, they get hit, then run cancel real quick into a 50/50.
I also like to do f21(2) backdash and then f4xxdb1 to whiff punish.