What's new

Havik Kombos

pH34rZ

Noob
Very nice damage finally!
need to lab if its possible to change to combo a bit to end in bf2 | check if throw combos are viable

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
So .. mad props to mad props , because i just found if you input b224 but instead do b22K4 is now a launching string

fr stack

Couple of kameo kombos with scorpion
B22k4 ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
F122ku ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
F1ku3 ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
Just easy ones for now but scorpion opens up 3 new kombo routes which i think is sick

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Couple of kameo kombos with scorpion
B22k4 ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
F122ku ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
F1ku3 ji212 d2dk dash f12 ender
Just easy ones for now but scorpion opens up 3 new kombo routes which i think is sick
There's no reason to do those because you can shorten the inital string and input the projectile launcher instead, more dmg

fr stack

There's no reason to do those because you can shorten the inital string and input the projectile launcher instead, more dmg
Im just enjoying all the possibilities im not after max damage or optimum set ups with these , i had overlooked scorpion until you posted that video

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Ok Cyrax could potentially be the best Kameo for Havik, I just tested him out and he gives you:

-Better damage than Sareena and Sub-Zero, and by better I mean 48% METERLESS (43% if you're not following up a BF1)
-The ability to combo off of any string (B224, F13, F122, F43)
-The ability to combo from forward throw
-The ability to combo from Kameo-less forward throw.
-The ability to CONTINUE combos after BF2.
-Potential Cyrax bomb combos from B22,1+3
-and the Cyrax net projectile which is slow as fuck but if you land it full-screen you can start a combo.

The only drawback is the combos aren't as easy to land as the Sareena/Sub-Zero ones but they're not impossibly difficult.
Gonna miss the projectile immunity from Sub-Zero but I think it could be worth it.

Why have I wasted time using anyone else...

Mosp

Noob
Ok Cyrax could potentially be the best Kameo for Havik, I just tested him out and he gives you:

-Better damage than Sareena and Sub-Zero, and by better I mean 48% METERLESS (43% if you're not following up a BF1)
-The ability to combo off of any string (B224, F13, F122, F43)
-The ability to combo from forward throw
-The ability to combo from Kameo-less forward throw.
-The ability to CONTINUE combos after BF2.
-Potential Cyrax bomb combos from B22,1+3
-and the Cyrax net projectile which is slow as fuck but if you land it full-screen you can start a combo.

The only drawback is the combos aren't as easy to land as the Sareena/Sub-Zero ones but they're not impossibly difficult.
Gonna miss the projectile immunity from Sub-Zero but I think it could be worth it.

Why have I wasted time using anyone else...
Are you actually landing the 48% meterless combo consistently?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Some nice tech I discovered

Jax triggers his parry and if you time it so he doesn’t hit the enemy he stays on screen allowing you to keep at it

if they try to wakeup attack at all even if they hit jax they trigger the parry and get hit.
ideally you want to time it to anti air them with the parry hit, if they land you will get the ground pound hit and the parry hit which is chunky but it makes jax leave.

fr stack

Sub zero is probably the optimal choice as they cover haviks slow projectiles so ive been trying to up the damage , heres a new path to mess around with
F4 bf1, dash b22fk , ex bf1 db1, ji212 d2
It does 37% or u can finish with normal into set up and can be used off any starter

Sub zero is probably the optimal choice as they cover haviks slow projectiles
the question is always: can the team handle reiko spam? and i dont think they can. kameo armor into ENdf1 requires strict timing in that situation anyway and as soon as reiko mixes in his EN projectile you'll just be burning kameo for nothing. havik needs a strong anti-zoning tool to be viable imo. ground ice, teleport - yet all who got those limit his damage options.

You can bf2 under his shurikens im not sure about the ex version yet
en shuriken is mid and will eat your armor on the way. bf2 is also just 2/3 screen and unsafe. i have grinded reptile vs reiko, reptile has a very similar tool in bf4 and its hopeless. feel free to prove me wrong but i think its an uphill battle at best.

fr stack

en shuriken is mid and will eat your armor on the way. bf2 is also just 2/3 screen and unsafe. i have grinded reptile vs reiko, reptile has a very similar tool in bf4 and its hopeless. feel free to prove me wrong but i think its an uphill battle at best.
It does feel tough but its not smoke tier i feel hes who worries me

e7aaa

Noob
Sub zero is probably the optimal choice as they cover haviks slow projectiles so ive been trying to up the damage , heres a new path to mess around with
It does 37% or u can finish with normal into set up and can be used off any starter

can you pls make a YouTube video or something? spent an hour trying to replicate. If I get something wrong and it actually is consistent then it's a game changer

fr stack

can you pls make a YouTube video or something? spent an hour trying to replicate. If I get something wrong and it actually is consistent then it's a game changer
Ill record one tomoro im in bed at the minute its not too hard once u do it once youll get timing the ex bf1 has to be done early

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik

Made this for the people on here and YouTube who said they were struggling to land the strict timing for some of the Cyrax combos for Havik, it has combos of varying difficulty so you can land them more consistently especially online.

Also found a great setup for stuffing wakeups and allowing you to easily link combos together for insane damage.

Title isn't just clickbait it includes a potential 97% Setup.

Also put in a helpful tip for punishing the thousands of Sareena Kameo users that are driving everyone crazy at the minute.

Really enjoying using Cyrax with Havik just gives him so many ways to stay on the attack while still having the armored DB1 to rely on for defence.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Are you actually landing the 48% meterless combo consistently?
You can check the Easy or Medium difficulty versions of that combo in the vid above if you want, but I was landing the 48% combo roughly 1/3 times I attempted it in good connection/ping.
The key is in the dash after BF1 being early as possible and also being quick to cancel out of the dash with B22 so it will look like you're not even forward dashing at all.

Been playing around with EXdb1 after Sub-Zero freeze and it's a reliable way to get over 30% damage consistently. Paired with Sub's projectile immunity and Cold Shoulder get-off-me, I'm starting to think the same. Here's a kombo I've been practicing with the Sub-Zero kameo and different starters.

f4/3xxfk, EXdb1, b22xxbf1, dashxxb22xxbf2(b) = 338.61
b22xxfk, EXdb1, b22xxbf1, dashxxb22xxbf2(b) = 352.68
f12xxfk, EXdb1, b22xxbf1, dashxxb22xxbf2(b) = 332.68
22xxfk, EXdb1, b22xxbf1, dashxxb22xxbf2(b) = 351.68
11xxfk, EXdb1, b22xxbf1, dashxxb22xxbf2(b) = 322.68

Might not be the best, but it's very reliable damage which Havik seems to lack without a good Kameo. This probably all works with Frost as well.

Edit: You can also end this BnB with db4 for knockdown/set-up but the timing is a little tighter.

Last edited:

fr stack

Here ya go sorry for potato video , ive only recently discovered fire