What's new

General/Other Have you realized?

Vagrant

Noob
Jimmypotato All this shit about DS mains not learning to play upclose is bullshit. We've been focused on his up close game since week 1. I have made a shitload of threads about it. I know every last frame to everything he has. So do the other serious DS mains.

Stop comparing online deathstrokes to us.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lol I love that he opens with "im not even good at the game yet"

Well then man to be blunt, shut the fuck up.

When you've put as much work into this game as I have, then talk to me about how much DS players need to level up.

I posted threads about working with what we have left with deathstroke... You chose not to acknowledge them and came here and put a whole community on blast.

Fuck off.

....that evo win with Tira was sick though your right....
So, are we telling people to shut the fuck up when they might not be good in this game but know of fighting games in general? Would you really tell someone like Daigo to shut the fuck up if he played this game for a week or 2 then made this thread?

I don't understand why you're taking this so defensively, he said that maybe deathstroke also has other ways to shine and since all tech in the game is not discovered maybe will become top tier again.

You can complain on how the character's nerfs affect him now. You can't complain on what he might be or what he will be X months from now. OP's point was to stop all the crying and instead explore deathstroke more.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
As I said in the other thread, it's natural to be upset when one picks up a character to play a certain style for one reason or another and then, once that style is rendered invalid, be told by others (particularly others who don't play/outright dislike the character) to play him in a completely different manner.

I don't think anyone would appreciate that happening to themselves and their character. Imagine if Batman rushdown were decimated but his projectile game buffed a wee bit. Yes, he's got servicable tools to make that kind of thing work but that is by all means not what people were looking for when they picked that character and put time into them.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Jimmypotato All this shit about DS mains not learning to play upclose is bullshit. We've been focused on his up close game since week 1. I have made a shitload of threads about it. I know every last frame to everything he has. So do the other serious DS mains.

lol calm down there, Jimmies rustled, when did I compare you to an online death stroke, I just think how upset you are right now is ridiculous, and I'm gonna have fun with it,

Because it is funny.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
As you said in the OP, the game is still young. So NRS should have left DS alone and at least waited like 6 months before patching him.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Honestly, they have a right to be upset. I just see all these threads as them venting. It happened just a few days before UFGT.

Vagrant

Noob
So, are we telling people to shut the fuck up when they might not be good in this game but know of fighting games in general? Would you really tell someone like Daigo to shut the fuck up if he played this game for a week or 2 then made this thread?

I don't understand why you're taking this so defensively, he said that maybe deathstroke also has other ways to shine and since all tech in the game is not discovered maybe will become top tier again.

You can complain on how the character's nerfs affect him now. You can't complain on what he might be or what he will be X months from now. OP's point was to stop all the crying and instead explore deathstroke more.
You were right I was harsh. Edited my post at the bottom.

Edit: Quark is right I was being a dick. I just don't think some of these "You guys need to explore your char more" comments are fair. I have literally taken him frame by frame and studied everything he has. I've been preaching non stop about how solid he is up close and then for people who don't even play the character to come in with "Well you can't just shoot guns all day" is insulting. I know your trying to help...
This is ridiculous. I'm sorry but you haven't studied everything he has. And you don't have all of his matchups mastered to their full potential. This game is like 2 months old, nobody has come close to character mastery yet. I'm sorry it takes a lot longer than 2 months for that to happen. So when people say "Oh yah, man I've totally explored everything there is nothing left he's trash" it's bologna. I'm not arguing that you haven't put a lot of time in with the character but to say you have studied "EVERYTHING" he has is just ridiculous. Just go watch some games that have multiple appearances at EVO compare their first year to their second and see how much better the 2nd year matches are.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

This so much. Im certain every idiot who comes on here telling us we deserved the nerfs thinks we're just people who sit on the left side of the screen chewing on our controller hoping you're dead by the time you get to us.

Vagrant

Noob
This is ridiculous. I'm sorry but you haven't studied everything he has

First thing I did was go in the lab with him for a week straight and write down and memorize every normal and string, what they are on start up, where they leave the opponent, each follow up move that is in range afterwords, what the advantage/disadvantage of everything he has is, every frame trape, every 50/50, ALL OF IT. That is what I meant when I said "I know every last frame to everything he has"

Not once did I mention matchups. You took that out of context.

"Oh yah, man I've totally explored everything there is nothing left he's trash"

Now you're just making shit up. Your reading what you want to read...I never said that..

First thing I did after I found out about the confirmed patch notes was consult a much better player than myself about what I should focus on for my options post patch. Slips can attest to that himself.

I pulled an all nighter last night trying to adjust to his new style and studying matchups BECAUSE of my dedication to this character.

Most of you will never EVER EVER fucking know the dedication, money, time, and sacrifice I've put into this game (mk9 as well) and this character.. So for you to come into my characters forums and insult DeathStroke mains is beyond irritating.

I'm done with this stupid fucking conversation.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
First thing I did was go in the lab with him for a week straight and write down and memorize every normal and string, what they are on start up, where they leave the opponent, each follow up move that is in range afterwords, what the advantage/disadvantage of everything he has is, every frame trape, every 50/50, ALL OF IT. That is what I meant when I said "I know every last frame to everything he has"

Not once did I mention matchups. You took that out of context.

"Oh yah, man I've totally explored everything there is nothing left he's trash"
Now you're just making shit up. Your reading what you want to read...I never said that..

First thing I did after I found out about the confirmed patch notes was consult a much better player than myself about what I should focus on for my options post patch. Slips can attest to that himself.

I pulled an all nighter last night trying to adjust to his new style and studying matchups BECAUSE of my dedication to this character.

Most of you will never EVER EVER fucking know the dedication, money, time, and sacrifice I've put into this game (mk9 as well) and this character.. So for you to come into my characters forums and insult DeathStroke mains is beyond irritating.

I'm done with this stupid fucking conversation.
Not to mention most of you have NOT nor will NEVER dedicate the same amount of time Vagrant has to yours or ANY character in this game. You are really in no position to speak. Excuse me, where's YOUR character guide?