What's new

General/Other Have you realized?

You people are amzing...
I'm not good at this game yet, but I'm good at other fighting games and this kind of behaviour I see here is what destroys the fighting games, and ruin balancing patches.
Have you realized that the threads with more responses in this section of the forum are the ones that complains about the character being nerfed?
"Deathstroke=Kano2.0" or "The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf coallition" the only one with more responses is his general thread, is a shame.
Instead of complaining about the character why don't you try other ways to use him?
Don't get me started on the post I've read in this threads because I'm ashamed of how inmature this community can be.
The game is still young don't start acting like a bunch of idiots because one nerf, keep practicing, post tutorials about the character, look for ways to overcome other players, do matchup videos, there is a lot of fuckin things to do instead of complaining.

Want an example? look what happened with Tira in SC5, she was considered mid tier, she was nerfed and suddenly waves of idiots came to the forums saying bs about the character being useless and that kind of crap, you know what happened then? a guy from Japan came and won EVO with her.
"

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Couldn't agree more. Everyday I'm seeing more and more players dominating online with seemingly "low tier" characters like Lex or even Bane. Every Nerf or Buff so far has only helped balance the game, and I can't wait for the next patch.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
People on these boards are hypocrites too. I'm sure if your main got nerfed unnecessarily to crap tier you'd put at least ONE post about it up.
that's true, but the waves of people crying is immense, we have to take a couple things into consideration though;
#1 the mass majority of casual gamers have no fun against DS zoners, they can't adapt like us serious players.
#2 If like 99% of DS players didn't only play to zone this wouldn't be a huge issue.
#3 You're not the only guys who got nerfed & I played him he's not horrible horrible, just his zoning isn't as easy, why should the player being zoned out have to adapt but when you get nered you don't want to?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
OP are you even a Deathstroke main? Also, SCV was my other main game. I never thought Tira was shit tier and I mained her and Mitsurugi.

People on these boards are hypocrites too. I'm sure if your main got nerfed unnecessarily to crap tier you'd put at least ONE post about it up.
You are completely wrong, in every fighting game I've played TK SC VF BB I've alway used at some point a character that was considered mid or even low tier and I never have complained about them being bad, and I never complained about he/she being nerfed, in fact I've always defended in every fighting game the balancing and I've encouraged people to learn the matchup, in fact when the French deciede to ban Viola in SC I even did a post in their website using the google translator to give my negative opinion.
So lets see if the people realize that the most replayed threads are the ones that only leads to crying and start doing useful things

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
that's true, but the waves of people crying is immense, we have to take a couple things into consideration though;
#1 the mass majority of casual gamers have no fun against DS zoners, they can't adapt like us serious players.
#2 If like 99% of DS players didn't only play to zone this wouldn't be a huge issue.
#3 You're not the only guys who got nerfed & I played him he's not horrible horrible, just his zoning isn't as easy, why should the player being zoned out have to adapt but when you get nered you don't want to?
^Why should one have to adapt to a less competent player's inability to adapt to the game as it is? The constant "just adapt" argument is makes little sense in this context.

If people should be required to learn match ups it stands to reason that the game be left unchanged so that their learning can be of some use. I know many people who have adapted to the DS match up pre patch and are feeling a bit robbed and deprived of the challenge they had prepared for.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
^Why should one have to adapt to a less competent player's inability to adapt to the game as it is? The constant "just adapt" argument is makes little sense in this context.

If people should be required to learn match ups it stands to reason that the game be left unchanged so that their learning can be of some use. I know many people who have adapted to the DS match up pre patch and are feeling a bit robbed and deprived of the challenge they had prepared for.
Oh get off, people are feeling more happy about the fact that they have one less challenge for tournaments, DS stands as a small threat now.

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
Oh get off, people are feeling more happy about the fact that they have one less challenge for tournaments, DS stands as a small threat now.
I'm sure the majority of them are. Its a lot easier to complain about a character until he is nerfed than to learn to play against him so that does save such people the effort. Not exactly fair to those who do put in the work to learn the match up or to those who've learned the ins and outs of the character, but thats of little concern as long there are lazy players out there.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
You've basically just admitted to being one of the people who would rather cry nerf rather than get better.

Sad. If anything, its players like YOU who need to adapt, not those who have dedicated our time to our character.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
You've basically just admitted to being one of the people who would rather cry nerf rather than get better.

Sad. If anything, its players like YOU who need to adapt, not those who have dedicated our time to our character.
I had a very good DS player who I played with alot I had to adapt to play him.
Wasn't too bad, but i'm enjoying the aftermath of your nerf DS players everywhere giving up on life instead of carrying on.

It's not even about that. It's the act of nerfing itself. Was DS considered broken? Did he deserve a nerf? What about the untouched characters?

Look at Superman laughing and will keep on winnign tournaments while DS haters will keep on screaming Aris' name.
Exactly, and who's the person that considers a character broken? What gives them the right to decide for the thousands of mains of that character what's "better for him."

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
I had a very good DS player who I played with alot I had to adapt to play him.
Wasn't too bad, but i'm enjoying the aftermath of your nerf DS players everywhere giving up on life instead of carrying on.
Who is giving up? People who no longer want to play what is now a mediocre, high risk low reward character? Seems reasonable, I'll stick to him though thanks. Maybe one day the online casual community will decide Shazam is annoying and he'll come to the same fate, I'll still be disappointed even if you're not but when the day comes may you have the word "Adapt" tattooed on the walls of your lower intestines where you can see it clearly before your face sir :3

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Who is giving up? People who no longer want to play what is now a mediocre, high risk low reward character? Seems reasonable, I'll stick to him though thanks. Maybe one day the online casual community will decide Shazam is annoying and he'll come to the same fate, I'll still be disappointed even if you're not but when the day comes may you have the word "Adapt" tattooed on the walls of your lower intestines where you can see it clearly before your face sir :3
Shazam is basically free to zoning, until he gets a way in he will never be annoying...

Vagrant

Noob
Lol I love that he opens with "im not even good at the game yet"

Well then man to be blunt, shut the fuck up.

When you've put as much work into this game as I have, then talk to me about how much DS players need to level up.

I posted threads about working with what we have left with deathstroke... You chose not to acknowledge them and came here and put a whole community on blast.

Fuck off.

....that evo win with Tira was sick though your right....

Edit: Quark is right I was being a dick. I just don't think some of these "You guys need to explore your char more" comments are fair. I have literally taken him frame by frame and studied everything he has. I've been preaching non stop about how solid he is up close and then for people who don't even play the character to come in with "Well you can't just shoot guns all day" is insulting. I know your trying to help...

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
Shazam is basically free to zoning, until he gets a way in he will never be annoying...
"My character isn't a zoner and will never get nerfed so I'll never have to follow my own advice." You've obviously never met this game's online community.
I'm through speaking to you.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I'll say this, my friend Red Djinn picked him up week one and refused to use his guns in the way everyone else was, he explored the other ways to use the character and his set ups, and he was devastating with him,

Because HE NEW a nerf would happen to that shit, deal with it and move on. Well said in the OP, good shit.

He is still a good character.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
"My character isn't a zoner and will never get nerfed so I'll never have to follow my own advice." You've obviously never met this game's online community.
I'm through speaking to you.
You're creating your own argument and putting words in my mouth, I may aswell not have posted and you would have argued with someone.
Don't get mad at me I didn't nerf DS, Too bad either deal with it or give up already.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

When you've put as much work into this game as I have, then talk to me about how much DS players need to level up.

I posted threads about working with what we have left with deathstroke... You chose not to acknowledge them and came here and put a whole community on blast.

Fuck off.

be fair man, how much work was shooting those guns lol ;)

Fuck off.

This