What's new

Have we entered the Dark Era of The FGC?

Glass Sword

Nobody
The weird thing to me is if people do not like Injustice and want to play MK9 why don't they just do it? I mean their seems more people here that want to play. Have 5 man locals. Stream 14 man side tournaments at majors I mean if you get enough people to sign a petition for a major I'm sure TOs would spare 2 monitors for a 20 man tournament if you all preregister.
Me I like Injustice. I also like MK9 too, I just sucked at it.

kronspik

Noob
MK9's meta is stale but people like the game mechanically. It honestly needs an update before the tourny scene will ever come back.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As I remember the only finishing move is a boring ass 100 200 combo then supreme victory which is really boring
That is monumentally disappointing.

I'm sorry, but probably my favorite thing about the original KI was finishers, stage finishers, and Ultimates.

How can you have a KI reboot without Orchid's Striptease Fatality?

Boo, I say.

That is monumentally disappointing.

I'm sorry, but probably my favorite thing about the original KI was finishers, stage finishers, and Ultimates.

How can you have a KI reboot without Orchid's Striptease Fatality?

Boo, I say.

idk but the design and gameplay graphics look so much like ssf when i tried it in my friend's house
ki is good but it is nOT THE ki we used to play

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I think the number one issue with the NRS community is most of you are bandwagon hoppers. Every time a new game comes out you trash the previous game and stop playing it. MK brought us all together, yet when IGAU comes out, you trash MK because it has problems. We'll no shit. We already knew all this over a year ago. But that didn't stop us playing it. There was so much hype at FR, MLG, EVO, NEC, rivalries, with all it's problem. I would love for UMK9 to come out, but that doesn't stop me from still playing MK9. And IGAU has it's fault too, don't make it seem so much better than MK.

Now KI is out and people are trashing IGAU. Doesn't look good in our community that we do that. We just hop to the new thing and trash the old.

I can't see why we can just play all 3. I would love mk to come back, especially how it all went down at the last EVO.

How awesome would it be if we play all 3? Only thing KI would be difficult because it just console exclusive. I think that might hurt the game.

Yeah because no other fighter has characters that throw projectiles.
idk why u replied at me with this stupid reply
im sorry but what u said is just so stupid
read what i said don't just reply at the pictures
what i said that they have the same graphics GRAPHICS never said anything about throwing projectiles
and yeah don't reply again with this stupid replies plz thank you

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
what i said that they have the same graphics GRAPHICS never said anything about throwing projectiles
Wow you didn't even read what you wrote.
"idk but the design and gameplay graphics look so much like ssf "
The fact that you compare KI, a game that's based AROUND the combo system with sf, which is based around FOOTSIES, just makes you sound like a very stupid, clueless scrub. Have you even played KI OR sf? Apparently you haven't, yet you post your stupid opinion here. I love all the focus cancel mind games in KI, and all the combo breakers in sf.
Are you really that stupid?

Wow you didn't even read what you wrote.

The fact that you compare KI, a game that's based AROUND the combo system with sf, which is based around FOOTSIES, just makes you sound like a very stupid, clueless scrub.
Are you really that stupid?
who actually talked about the combo system or the footsies ? dude i will say it again i was talking about the graphics and gameplay design where did i actually said anything about footsies or combo system ?
are you really that stupid&blind ?
design and gameplay graphics
GAMEPLAY GRAPHICS
GAMEPLAYYYY GRAPHICS
u need these

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
who actually talked about the combo system or the footsies ? dude i will say it again i was talking about the graphics and gameplay design where did i actually said anything about footsies or combo system ?
are you really that stupid&blind ?
design and gameplay graphics
GAMEPLAY GRAPHICS
GAMEPLAYYYY GRAPHICS
u need these
Oh you're completely right, I failed to see that you don't even understand what gameplay means.

"Gameplay graphics".

Oh you're completely right, I failed to see that you don't even understand what gameplay means.
yeah im completely right but u failed to understand that gameplay graphics meaning how they look in the gameplay thats what i meant not how the the EXACT gameplay i meant the graphics gameplay

never talked about the combo's footsies and projectiles etc
now stop replying to me and use glasses next time see ya

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
yeah im completely right but u failed to understand that gameplay graphics meaning how they look in the gameplay
never talked about the combo's footsies and projectiles etc
now stop replying to me and use glasses next time see ya
Of course, because you failed to articulate and use words like a normal human being.

Not my problem that you don't understand what the words you're using mean.
well it is ur problem because i just said what i meant by what i said there and u keep trying 2 be smart and acting like u didn't failed there but u did so enough of this stupid replies and have a good day im out not of this not gonna reply again

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
well it is ur problem because i just said what i meant by what i said there and u keep trying 2 be smart and acting like u didn't failed there but u did so enough of this stupid replies and have a good day im out not of this not gonna reply again
omg

Please have this:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

It's all pretty much dead to me, I've got no reason to practice Injustice, and no reason to practice anything else.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
inside world thinks i play all the time so i should be pro and earn money from it. hell i deserve money from it. outside world see people playing video games and says get a life. inside world wants money matches to feed ego. outside world calls that a gambling addiction. people care mor about their egos and addiction to money think that they can slice bread with their cheap broken characters to win money in tournaments. people care more about themselves than the game they are playing which comes from a view that competition is good when in fact it should be that the game comes first.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

It's all pretty much dead to me, I've got no reason to practice Injustice, and no reason to practice anything else.
Because UK.

Just get into AE lol. You'd wreck fools.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I throw my graphics at you and if my graphics look like a DOA girl I never get it back

Guess it's that time again. MK9 and current NRS/3d MK era games are the anomaly. MK is supposed to have features that are from SF. When MK doesn't have them, it looks weird imo. NRS games no longer have neutral jump punch: a simple move....The NRS jump punch should not be in their games, at least it shouldn't be a universal animation. In the past, you could draw comparisons between the basic moves and the function of the moves in SF, MK, and most 2d fighters. KI has retained that aspect of design, but NRS refuses to put the missing moves back in their games. KI looking and playing similarly to SF is not strange, NRS not playing like SF is.

Nice infos and stuffs thanks for that
Well for me the way nrs made mk was great a lot peoples r hating on me and stuff cause what I said about ki when I'm not hating on the game I'm saying that it is a good game but meh some peoples can't understand that peoples has opinions
I actually liked that picture makes me understand some points in fgs but I think how nrs making their games is not strange well igau jump punches r really strange lol but still

Believe it or not, this is why a lot of people were saying that in the long run, e-sports would have only helped the scene because like it or not, what we did as far as community/underground tournaments, was and is not sustainable. We've seen the expense reports that majors can turn up and most of that, even with sponsors, generally falls on a group of people if not one dude. Plus, I'm willing to bet (since I've already seen the proof) that their salaries from their jobs don't help with that too much each year. MLG and other e-sports outlets are looking pretty good right now even if you had to give up some of the crazieness at tourneys. MLG 2012 was plenty hype when you look back at them all.