What's new

Hatchets galore!! The Nightwolf video thread

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Starting it off with the hatchet combo I told a few people :3

122~hatchet, B+2 hatchet, dash~1, Dash~1, dash~122 shoulder

Rushdown

Noob
Thanks for the vids. Unfortunately I can't really make out much of what's happening because of the glare. Would you consider adding notations after each one (here on the site I mean, not in the vids)? Is the first one: *whatever starter*~hatchet, b2~hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash 122~shoulder?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Thanks for the vids. Unfortunately I can't really make out much of what's happening because of the glare. Would you consider adding notations after each one (here on the site I mean, not in the vids)? Is the first one: *whatever starter*~hatchet, b2~hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash 122~shoulder?
That's my bad, I assumed everyone could see it, I guess I got use to the glare, and the starter is 122, you can start it from any string into the hatchet though.

EagleJin

Noob
Nice, DaiHuu!

The hatchet not hitting is annoying.. Seems like the opponent is too high up for the hitbox to reach.

I've put together a combovid:

There aren't extreme loads of technical stuff in there, but some do deal rather nice damage.

EagleJin

Noob
Very nice, CriticalBits! I really liked your use of eHatchet, eLightning :D. Good to have notations to each combo too. Something I might have to copy for future vids...

my dash strings of dash 1 dash 1 dash 122 shoulder never connect and its so frustrating cause i don't know if im not buffering the second hatchet fast enough dashing fast enough or messing up the 1. it could be any and more of these mistakes right?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
my dash strings of dash 1 dash 1 dash 122 shoulder never connect and its so frustrating cause i don't know if im not buffering the second hatchet fast enough dashing fast enough or messing up the 1. it could be any and more of these mistakes right?
Depends really, the b+2~hatchet should just fly off looking like a normal string. Break those strings apart, do it slowly one at a time till you get it right. I'd have to see a video of you doing it to say.

He's probably not doing the b+2~hatchet early enough. If you dont do it early enough then the opponent wont get juggled high enough thus making the following dash jabs much hard to connect with. Thats the problem im having.

For now i'm just omitting the dash 1's and just going straight into 112~shoulder until I can get the full combo down. Easier for me to do and I only loose 2% dmg.