What's new

Guide - Hat Trick Hat Trick practical and optimized combo suggestions and thoughs on the new changes

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

The new juggle system kinda rewards him pretty well, aside from AAs when you're hatless, for some reason our S1 doesn't stall characters airborne anymore, not sure if its intentional but kinda feels like an unnecessary stealth nerf.
The neutral of this game got so much better, that is extremely rewarding playing this character overall.
This character is so fun right now! And its not even its final form, sunday i will explain the away hat trap mixup game, or maybe i shall try to make Hat Trick 101 series from basic to advanced, since a lot of people are having troubles playing him overall.

@ROG Moonspell @just_2swift @ETC Mcfly @colt @DDutchguy @Youphemism @Dankster Morgan @The PantyChrist @The Big Pampering @Scott The Scot @myri @YOMI FOREVER KING @Perfect Legend @YOMI SLAYER @FCP/EMP SCAR

Carl

Noob
Im curious why laos 1 wasnt holding up i thought it was me but yeah i dunno why that happened i think because he gets 31% of it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
As from what I can already tell we got better combos damage wise and much more options to convert off of, it's easier too. Though what's worries me is disability to maintain pressure, he is still at lost frames while throwing hat and calling it back. While combos are nce, you first need to get in, open up your opponent to start your game. On top of that the teleport is also a failure imo. Even if we manage to read a hole, gap and teleport, chances are slim that burning two bars will reword us. I don't really understand why the teleport was changed to two hits of armor if that is still useless. The back dash still sucks, so I don't maybe there is something I do not see.

The new juggle system kinda rewards him pretty well, aside from AAs when you're hatless, for some reason our S1 doesn't stall characters airborne anymore, not sure if its intentional but kinda feels like an unnecessary stealth nerf.
The neutral of this game got so much better, that is extremely rewarding playing this character overall.
This character is so fun right now! And its not even its final form, sunday i will explain the away hat trap mixup game, or maybe i shall try to make Hat Trick 101 series from basic to advanced, since a lot of people are having troubles playing him overall.

@ROG Moonspell @just_2swift @ETC Mcfly @colt @DDutchguy @Youphemism @Dankster Morgan @The PantyChrist @The Big Pampering @Scott The Scot @myri @YOMI FOREVER KING @Perfect Legend @YOMI SLAYER @FCP/EMP SCAR
Tha music put me in such a trance that I don't even know what I just watched. But I asume it is some good stuff.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As from what I can already tell we got better combos damage wise and much more options to convert off of, it's easier too. Though what's worries me is disability to maintain pressure, he is still at lost frames while throwing hat and calling it back. While combos are nce, you first need to get in, open up your opponent to start your game. On top of that the teleport is also a failure imo. Even if we manage to read a hole, gap and teleport, chances are slim that burning two bars will reword us. I don't really understand why the teleport was changed to two hits of armor if that is still useless. The back dash still sucks, so I don't maybe there is something I do not see.
A lot of people are still trying to armor gaps and such, just don't do it, you better off blocking everything IMO, or backdashing out of it, the armor on TP its not useless at all trust me, there is a lot of things you can actually do with it now.

Regardless the pressure i think its better now, just don't get too obvious canceling anything into hat trap, as before your best trap cancels will come from Kountering normals into hat traps on hit, aside from that, stagger the hell out of people with your stagger strings.

if you want to use F21d1 and B12,2+4 on neutral far more, and use 11212 occasionally not frequent, you will be amazed how many ppl try to poke out easily out of trap cancels and are get blown up by B1 and its staggers now, getting away of his cancels has become a bit more complicated with the lack of armor, one wrong press and consistency is on.

Saltea Moonspell

A lot of people are still trying to armor gaps and such, just don't do it, you better off blocking everything IMO, or backdashing out of it, the armor on TP its not useless at all trust me, there is a lot of things you can actually do with it now.

Regardless the pressure i think its better now, just don't get too obvious canceling anything into hat trap, as before your best trap cancels will come from Kountering normals into hat traps on hit, aside from that, stagger the hell out of people with your stagger strings.

if you want to use F21d1 and B12,2+4 on neutral far more, and use 11212 occasionally not frequent, you will be amazed how many ppl try to poke out easily out of trap cancels and are get blown up by B1 and its staggers now, getting away of his cancels has become a bit more complicated with the lack of armor, one wrong press and consistency is on.
Fair enough. That does sound convincing. I did play last either - came back from work around 21:00 and by the time I laid back it was already close to 23:00. I do may play today though. I Am not familiar

Fair enough. That does sound convincing. I didn't play last night either - came back from work around 21:00 and by the time I laid back it was already close to 23:00. I will have a closer look within this week.

Btw, I like the way You can s1 after tossing a hat on to jumping opponent. I am really glad that we have decent height after the low hat do convert off of as well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Fair enough. That does sound convincing. I did play last either - came back from work around 21:00 and by the time I laid back it was already close to 23:00. I do may play today though. I Am not familiar

Fair enough. That does sound convincing. I didn't play last night either - came back from work around 21:00 and by the time I laid back it was already close to 23:00. I will have a closer look within this week.

Btw, I like the way You can s1 after tossing a hat on to jumping opponent. I am really glad that we have decent height after the low hat do convert off of as well.
Very consistent now, but sometimes the bug still happens.

Saltea Moonspell

Very consistent now, but sometimes the bug still happens.
So let me ask You this, the s1 is no more consistant AA, right ? We should replace it with b1 perhaps ? I also found that the raw spin on reaction does the job, its still not tested well but it seems like an alt way of AA. I do like to d1 to be frank with You. I do d1m b31, spin and free style follow up.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So let me ask You this, the s1 is no more consistant AA, right ? We should replace it with b1 perhaps ? I also found that the raw spin on reaction does the job, its still not tested well but it seems like an alt way of AA. I do like to d1 to be frank with You. I do d1m b31, spin and free style follow up.
S1 is still your consistent AA and better than B1, BUT it doesn't tall characters in the air anymore, so you can't run under them and confirm another standing 1 or B3.

This hurts Hat Trick because if your hat is in front and they jump behind you, in order to put them in between the hat you can't switch sides by running anymore, you will need to do S1~ex tp3 to switch sides.

Spin will do the job too, which is why you better off backdashing out of some gaps to create space, if they jump you can spin on reaction.

Saltea Moonspell

S1 is still your consistent AA and better than B1, BUT it doesn't tall characters in the air anymore, so you can't run under them and confirm another standing 1 or B3.

This hurts Hat Trick because if your hat is in front and they jump behind you, in order to put them in between the hat you can't switch sides by running anymore, you will need to do S1~ex tp3 to switch sides.

Spin will do the job too, which is why you better off backdashing out of some gaps to create space, if they jump you can spin on reaction.

Thats fucking stupid. I lost my swagg combo that I was pissing poeple of with. THe 4, spin, rc,1, hat toss,11, hcb, jk, dive kick. I've done it but it was inconsistent and I knew something was fucked about it. God damn it! I may be able to replace it with b1, I dont know. I want that combo back.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thats fucking stupid. I lost my swagg combo that I was pissing poeple of with. THe 4, spin, rc,1, hat toss,11, hcb, jk, dive kick. I've done it but it was inconsistent and I knew something was fucked about it. God damn it! I may be able to replace it with b1, I dont know. I want that combo back.
Chill breh, i want my combo back too, but its gone.
This KL can do 20% without spin
over 30 without stamina, by landing B22 or 44, we gud.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The air reaction for KL 1 and 1,1 were intentionally changed.
I respect your decision, just wondering, what was the thought process here? was it to nerf his AA capability, or is there some interaction im missing?