What's new

Question - Hat Trick Hat Respawn over anything else?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey HT mains, what do you guys think, that if instead of giving Hat Trick additional commands for above hat trap, HCB out of teles, or placing hats while airbone, or having links to when the hat doesn't connect from away traps. What if instead of Above trap hitting overhead. What if all his hatless problems could be solved with just one single solution?

Imagine a Hat respawn as a buff.

Imagine, if Hat Trick was allowed to grow another hat on his head after using a trap, just like Buzzsaw does after using his hat for a while and be allowed place 2 traps? If a second trap is placed Lao then would stay hatless until he uses HCBs.

And when he used HCB with 2 traps, both hats would travel back to the source of origin?

Would it be broken?
Would it be madness?
Wouldn't that turn Hat Trick into actual trap variations rather than a setup one?

Notes:
The hat would still disappear if lao gets hit, even if he had already called the hats
The time a trap stays active, its possible to shove another trap, but the trap time remains the same, so when a second trap is placed, once the first hat trap is timed out, the first hat disappears.
Lao cannot respawn a trap if both traps are active, however, once the first trap disappears, the hat would respawn.

Its a question, i wonder if this is probably better solution than heavily mess around the variation or possibility strings shared among variations and probably make one better than other for each use on this particular reason and so on.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
So a little like (a working) Master of Storms? Damn that sounds awesome - so unique, cool, challenging to play, and might just justify picking him as a variation. Could be super cool.

Definitely need to make them not go away on hit though, just like Raidens.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So a little like (a working) Master of Storms? Damn that sounds awesome - so unique, cool, challenging to play, and might just justify picking him as a variation. Could be super cool.

Definitely need to make them not go away on hit though, just like Raidens.
Yeah, with one hat place, your could play around using the other one, with both hats you could get some nasty setups, but they need to go away on hit or it wouldn't be fair IMO, specially since Hat Trick can place a low trap and regrow a hat he will be able to use a overhead starter as well and be just equally safe.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Maybe 1 hat disappear per hit, that way if they connect something you're reset, but you don't lose TWO set-ups at the cost of a SINGLE poke.

It still takes a long time before the hat respawns in buzzsaw. With ex low hat you need to hit the opponent to get it to respawn and with ex straight hat you need to wait 2/3 sec and make the opponent block a move for the hat to respawn.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It still takes a long time before the hat respawns in buzzsaw. With ex low hat you need to hit the opponent to get it to respawn and with ex straight hat you need to wait 2/3 sec and make the opponent block a move for the hat to respawn.
But could it work? even with a 2/3 seconds respawn time, wouldn't that help hat trick, the trap stays one for around 10 seconds if i'm not mistaken.

But could it work? even with a 2/3 seconds respawn time, wouldn't that help hat trick, the trap stays one for around 10 seconds if i'm not mistaken.
The main problem is still present. If you setup a hat after a blockstring you're basically giving your opponent his/her to press buttons. Imo a lot of changes people want to bring to hat trick sound cool and all, but don't benefit his main gameplan at all. Imo the changes he needs are still being+ after 112124 hat trap, b22 hat trap should be -5 and is easily converted into b321 spin on hit midscreen, +hitbox fixes on hat callback. Ive been saying this for months and my opinion on it hasnt changed at all.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I have to agree with fellow @Big Pampering
Poking out in between is to easy and risky. Playing against someone who knows HatTrick and condition him to respect setups it's insane. I really hope that something will change.