What's new

Has your MKX hype crossed over into other parts of your life?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I've been so amped for MKX and spend so much time on TYM that it's started to cross over into things completely unrelated to MK. This last Saturday I was watching boxing with my dad. During Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin I was referring to head>body combos as mixups and thinking "Lee's got 3 inches on him and a 2 inch reach advantage. If he plays good footsies the fight is his!". Then at one point, the Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson fight got really active and I started thinking, "Come on, Lamont! His looping left hook has, like, a 30 frame startup! Just jab and get in with a combination! You have the advantage!" A few rounds later, Garcia hit Peterson with an excellent counterpunch and I shouted, "Oooh! Nice whiff punish!". My dad had no idea what I was talking about but he chuckled at the terminology and thought it was clever.

So anyway, I was thinking I can't be the only one this has happened to and wanted to read about other experiences with dropping fighting game vernacular into places it had no business being.

Anyone?