What's new

has MK ever had grappler characters? should they in MK10?

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
im not quite sure what constitutes a grappler is in 2d fighters, but i do know i like them in 3d fighters mainly because i don't have to do hundred hit combos to win -_-

what are yall's thoughts on the matter? how would a grappler work in MK if we did have one?

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
interestingly enough didn't Cyrax "use" Sambo in Deadly Alliance? it seems they've been wanting to turn him into a grappler for awhile now.

I can definitely see Goro and Kintaro being "Grapplers" if NRS put the time in and nerf them for competitive use.
But NRS wouldn't even let us play them. Which I respect as they're boss characters anyway.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i've begun thinking it might be cool to make sub zero a grappler. it just seems like it would go really well with his freezing

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I can definitely see Goro and Kintaro being "Grapplers" if NRS put the time in and nerf them for competitive use.
But NRS wouldn't even let us play them. Which I respect as they're boss characters anyway.
i dont see why not. they had big characters in INJ with grundle, bane, lex doomy. they could ake goro and kintaro playable and give them legit move sets without making them overpowered just like how lex gets destroyed but sinestro the same could able to goro getting demolished by a zoner or what not. give him slow 1 hit armor moves, a command grab, anti air grab, unblockable ground pound, and legit strings and i dont see why not honestly.

Decay

King of the Bill
i dont see why not. they had big characters in INJ with grundle, bane, lex doomy. they could ake goro and kintaro playable and give them legit move sets without making them overpowered just like how lex gets destroyed but sinestro the same could able to goro getting demolished by a zoner or what not. give him slow 1 hit armor moves, a command grab, anti air grab, unblockable ground pound, and legit strings and i dont see why not honestly.
Can we just address the fact that you called grundy, grundle. The walking taint

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I would like a grappler like Sheeva, I mean sort of kinda grappler, not a complete grappler.

I donno if he'd fit in MK, but I've ALWAYS wanted a straight up BJJ grappler in a fighting game. I guess the closest thing we've ever had is Kenshi's judo stance in Deception.

Ask NRS, though I'm positive that were gonna have every archetype in the next game. They went hard with them in Injustice.