What's new

Harley's Trait - In-depth look and match-up guide.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
TS~1 can hit if its delayed but when it hits off a ground bounce (or an opponent in the air) it will knock your opponent down and away preventing a b3 from connecting. So go with what WEBS said.

cpmd4

Wait what's follow up and U3?
A string like 1,1,2 would be a good follow-up. b2,2 as a follow-up is unclashable as well.

The 2,U3 string launches an opponent and sets up a b3. It's a good replacement for TS~1. (EDIT: However I'm not sure if you can b3 after 2,U3 in the same cases as TS~1 that I mentioned in my other post. Also the b3 might have to be MB'd)

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
A string like 1,1,2 would be a good follow-up. b2,2 as a follow-up is unclashable as well.

The 2,U3 string launches an opponent and sets up a b3. It's a good replacement for TS~1. (EDIT: However I'm not sure if you can b3 after 2,U3 in the same cases as TS~1 that I mentioned in my other post. Also the b3 might have to be MB'd)
U3? is?

cpmd4

It means up 3. On xbox that would be holding up on the stick/d-pad and pressing A. After a 2 (Y) you can use this motion to complete the 2,U3 string. U3 by itself will make you jump and use Harley's stomp air attack, so its only used after a 2 for Harley.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
It means up 3. On xbox that would be holding up on the stick/d-pad and pressing A. After a 2 (Y) you can use this motion to complete the 2,U3 string. U3 by itself will make you jump and use Harley's stomp air attack, so its only used after a 2 for Harley.
You can land B3 after J3?

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
B3 is really easy to land after 2U3, but is there ever any reason to use 2U3 over B22 as a starter? it's unsafe while b22 isn't, and i think it does less damage.
Ok so after TNT hits what I'm understanding is JI3,B22,B3,112,B22,B3? So wtf this is an infinite? What the hell is going on lol.
Edit:I'm taking what all 3 of you said into account. Follow ups being B22 ect. and this is a version of what XWEBSX said could be done after TNT hits.

cpmd4

B3 is really easy to land after 2U3, but is there ever any reason to use 2U3 over B22 as a starter? it's unsafe while b22 isn't, and i think it does less damage.
If that is in response to me, I only meant it's a good replacement for TS~1 on a juggled opponent. Probably didn't explain myself very well.

cpmd4

Ok so after TNT hits what I'm understanding is JI3,B22,B3,112,B22,B3? So wtf this is an infinite? What the hell is going on lol.
Edit:I'm taking what all 3 of you said into account. Follow ups being B22 ect. and this is a version of what XWEBSX said could be done after TNT hits.
No, sorry. You can use any of these options. Like you can J2 then 1,1,2 OR you can b3 then j,2 then j,2 etc. OR you can 2,U3 > b3 > etc.

cpmd4

ah that's what i thought, but using 2U3 on an already launched opponent won't launch them as much, will it?
Yeah, I realized that might be the case and hence the edit. Maybe I should just delete the post in case I spread misinformation... XD

cpmd4

So TNT,B22,B3,JI3,112?
I would personally j2 > b2,2 if I want unclashable. You can't link a b3 after b2,2 so it ends there unless you've got 4 bars for a super, then you can go j2 > b2,2 > Super.

If they've already clashed or I don't fear them clashing I would do j2 > 1,1,2 > Cupcake Bomb.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Yeah, I realized that might be the case and hence the edit. Maybe I should just delete the post in case I spread misinformation... XD
i'll probably do the same. there was a thread that mentioned combos after f3, so they can be used with a tnt starter.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I would personally j2 > b2,2 if I want unclashable. You can't link a b3 after b2,2 so it ends there unless you've got 4 bars for a super, then you can go j2 > b2,2 > Super.

If they've already clashed or I don't fear them clashing I would do j2 > 1,1,2 > Cupcake Bomb.
What about J3,112,Cupcake. Also do you know the best follow up after super? I've seen a few but I want to know the current best XD.

cpmd4

Ah! I see where your confusion lies. WEBS meant something like

After TNT:
  • JI1/2/3, follow up
  • B3, follow up,
  • timed 2,U3 relaunch follow up..
  • Etc..
Not a single combo, he was giving multiple combos.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Ah! I see where your confusion lies. WEBS meant something like

After TNT:
  • JI1/2/3, follow up
  • B3, follow up,
  • timed 2,U3 relaunch follow up..
  • Etc..
Not a single combo, he was giving multiple combos.
Well that helps A LOT! Phew, I felt like a complete noob, I was so fuckin confused......I was like what the hell?

cpmd4

What about J3,112,Cupcake. Also do you know the best follow up after super? I've seen a few but I want to know the current best XD.
J3 > 1,1,2 > Cupcake is actually better, yes, use that.

I'm not sure what the best is. I use J3 > Air Gunshots myself. B1,2 > Play Doctor leaves the opponent standing so they can't wake-up attack, but only works in the corner. Mid screen you can try 3 > Play Doctor replaces that. I'm no expert, maybe someone else will chime in.

However just note that any of these after super are clashable (except B2,2 but I'm not sure if that can hit after super) and since you're out of meter after super you can't contest a clash.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
J3 > 1,1,2 > Cupcake is actually better, yes, use that.

I'm not sure what the best is. I use J3 > Air Gunshots myself. B1,2 > Play Doctor leaves the opponent standing so they can't wake-up attack, but only works in the corner. Mid screen you can try 3 > Play Doctor replaces that. I'm no expert, maybe someone else will chime in.

However just note that any of these after super are clashable (except B2,2 but I'm not sure if that can hit after super) and since you're out of meter after super you can't contest a clash.
Yes the computers always usually clash after I combo out of super which just makes me rage so hard.

cpmd4

Updated for 1.05 changes.

TL DR: f2,3 xx 4 is only punishable by Superman with a tech roll and wake-up Super, and only if Harley gets a bomb. He still takes 15% damage so if he's using Super with low health to try to end your life bar, you could just end up killing him with it.

I've added some stuff about 1,1,2 xx 4, since it's easier to land on a knocked-up opponent and leaves them the perfect distance from Harley's bomb trait. The bomb sometimes whiffs on floating characters when in different stances, so that's a minor problem.