What's new

Strategy Harley vs Deathstroke's guns

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I main Harley, and feel pretty damn comfortable against every character. But one thing just gets me, online Deathstroke players using their guns against Harley. With Batman I can usually beat them, but I haven't found a solution with Harley. Any tips?
Expect a solid video about this from me tonight helping w all characters

Harley is in there

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I main Harley, and feel pretty damn comfortable against every character. But one thing just gets me, online Deathstroke players using their guns against Harley. With Batman I can usually beat them, but I haven't found a solution with Harley. Any tips?
Expect a solid video about this from me tonight helping w all characters

Harley is in there

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wait you actually beat deathstroke? Holy hell kudos to you. I need literally, hacks to ko this character.
Oh no, no, no...I AM Deathstroke. I meant HE beats Harley in a loose 7-3 :D.
It could just be a 6-4 in the end, but Low Shot keeps it from EVER being even.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
I feel like his low shot is good, but his air pistols are where its at. I've played decent DeathStrokes that actually bait my air pistols to hit me with theirs.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
7-3 how so? How can low shot shut down Harley that bad?
I feel like his low shot is good, but his air pistols are where its at. I've played decent DeathStrokes that actually bait my air pistols to hit me with theirs.
What Mr. Gooch said: between the iAShot, the Low Shot, and the risk of eating Grenades...if you can keep her out, it's a lot easier for you to start your zoning chain gang a'moving than it is for her to move hers...well, depending on the stage. If you're in Lex's Lab, eventually you're gonna get hit with a fucking spaceship. But one must be prepared.
It's similar to Kitana/Kenshi in that, on paper, DS SHOULD win, but an overconfident DS or an extra-knowledgable Harley could easily result in an upset.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
What Mr. Gooch said: between the iAShot, the Low Shot, and the risk of eating Grenades...if you can keep her out, it's a lot easier for you to start your zoning chain gang a'moving than it is for her to move hers...well, depending on the stage. If you're in Lex's Lab, eventually you're gonna get hit with a fucking spaceship. But one must be prepared.
It's similar to Kitana/Kenshi in that, on paper, DS SHOULD win, but an overconfident DS or an extra-knowledgable Harley could easily result in an upset.
I still dont see it. REO and Brady have both shown its not impossible to get in on DS, it just may take Harley an extra step. I feel like DS is like getting in on Sagat. Hes got the moves to keep you out all day but its not impossible but once your in you can make the most out of it and really do some damage. To call a hard 7-3 like that means she has literally no chance of getting in and doing damage and I dont see that happening. You want to know what having a hard time getting in is? Go watch a Blanka-T. Hawk matchup in AE2012.

Komatose

The Prettiest
How many threads like these are going to surface? Lol. It's sickening to see every other thread complaining about Deathstroke.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
With the mass complaining I truly believe its all player based honestly. Its an extremely effective zoning character with a new game engine alot of MK players arent use to. They dont have dash blocking so I believe theyre having a hard time adjusting and getting in.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
I'm not complaining, I'm simply asking for advice from other Harley players. I believe in if you don't like something about the game and don't want to deal with it, don't play it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still dont see it. REO and Brady have both shown its not impossible to get in on DS, it just may take Harley an extra step. I feel like DS is like getting in on Sagat. Hes got the moves to keep you out all day but its not impossible but once your in you can make the most out of it and really do some damage. To call a hard 7-3 like that means she has literally no chance of getting in and doing damage and I dont see that happening. You want to know what having a hard time getting in is? Go watch a Blanka-T. Hawk matchup in AE2012.
By MK standards (or at least the way I see it in my head,) 7-3 isn't all that bad.
Even is even, 6-4 means it's a slight nudge to one over the other, and 7-3 means it's a survivable pain in the ass.
Harley CAN win. But it won't be simple.

D

Deleted member 9158

Dont let the deathstroke player breathe in this matchup, you always want to give him as much pressure as possible. But if you do get in that unfortunate situation where your fullscreen, you dont want to jump ever (personally i feel like the only time you want to jump is if your in range to clip him with j.f 2).

Dash to block will be your best friend in this match up. you can dash forward after spamming guns or rifle and block the next set. if they keep spamming, keep dashing up and blocking. your objective is to get in his face. and make sure to aslo punish those sword flip spammers, back 2 2 into bnb or down 1 into bnb is what i personally like to use. But this is mainly the basics of the matchup and hopefully it will help you guys out with more of the scrubby DS's ill probably make an in depth video for more in the match up.
Please do, it'd be greatly appreciated

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I thought thought my inability to deal with Deathstroke zoning was just a case of me being bad and not really understanding the games mechanics. Sounds like others are having the same issues I am though. If anyone has any tips I too would appreciate hearing them.
almost everyone has problems with it. just block low and dash and if they do a meter burned machine gun than block hugh when the rocket comes . always dash in though dont jump in because of swords