What's new

Harley Combo Thread

I've been using this as my mid-screen bnb:

- B22 (or 2b3) xx Tantrum, Cartwheel, B3, J2, B121 xx Straight Shot (MB) 41-(43)%
- B121 xx Straight Shot, Air Down Shot (MB) 21-(23)%

Fun Corner Combo (Not Practical combo starter):

- B121 xx Straight Shot, D2 xx Up Shot, B22 xx Tantrum (Delayed Wake-up mixup)
- B121 xx Straight Shot, D2 xx Up Shot, D3 (Hard Knockdown)
- B121 xx Grenade (MB), D2 xx Straight Shot, D3

piemaster

mortal hater
I'm an idiot and having some problems getting play doctor to come out consistently after strings lol. Anybody have any advice to make it a little easier?
god i had the same problem

i just make sure i press it like D, B, F 1

before i was pressing it like D+B, F, 1 and i it would either do her AA pistols or slide

i hope that makes sense i didnt know how to type what i was trying to say lol

I cant to this combo...2, U+3, B+3, J.2, 2, U+3 ~ DBF+1 the play doctor wont connect or come out tip ?
Roll the stick/pad from down almost like a full circle to (d, db, ub, f). It's kind of weird cancelling that normal from a single hit or string because gunshot is tied to db.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
I'm an idiot and having some problems getting play doctor to come out consistently after strings lol. Anybody have any advice to make it a little easier?
buffer it during the string

so for example, if you were trying to end a combo with 12 xx play doctor, you can input it like:
1,d+2,b,f+1

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I worked play doctor in, but I can't do it upon inputting strings so after the wall bounce I just do j2, play doctor. Sure, I'm not getting max damage, but with mb it does more damage than the meterless one I use so its all good. Besides the fact that I want to mess around more with some other crap of hers I've noticed. :)

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Posted this in the general Harley Thread but I'll post here too:

Don't know if anyone knows, and I haven't seen it on here yet, but something I found out on accident (dem fat fingers) is if you do qcb or qcf Meter Burn during a string it will EX wall bounce hammer or EX ground bounce hammer respectively.

From this you are able to get a pretty big combo into stage transition.

j2 > b2,2 xx Tantrum~1 > b3 > j2 >f2,3 xx qcbMB - Stage Transition, 1 meter 48-50% damage (Was doing this on the Daily Planet stage, will probably vary for other stages)

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy

Don't know if anyone knows, and I haven't seen it on here yet, but something I found out on accident (dem fat fingers) is if you do qcb or qcf Meter Burn during a string it will EX wall bounce hammer or EX ground bounce hammer respectively.

j2 > b2,2 xx Tantrum~1 > b3 > j2 >f2,3 xx qcbMB - Stage Transition, 1 meter 48-50% damage (Was doing this on the Daily Planet stage, will probably vary for other stages)
are you sure you aren't doing the wall and ground bounce cancels by accident?
it costs 2 meters and all characters can do it. it's performed by doing ff+MB or bb+MB, respectively

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
are you sure you aren't doing the wall and ground bounce cancels by accident?
it costs 2 meters and all characters can do it. it's performed by doing ff+MB or bb+MB, respectively
Hmm...maybe. I'll have to recheck later. It might have been 2 meters, but I had it on fill and was focusing on the end result, not really paying attention. But I was doing it with qcb and qcf...so I don't know...

Also, wasn't saying it was Harley specific...just saying how I figured it out. Sorry for not being more clear.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
So far I've got

B22> db31> b3> j2>j2> 12dbf1 40% meterless reset.

B22> db31> b3> j2>f23bb (cancel) into level transition.

Working on more now

I just figured out why you got a straight shot instead of the play doctor . the reason is : when you do the move naked, for some reason the game allow an incomplete input ( meaning then that you do : d, db, and then directly f) to be considered as the complete motion , but canceling out of a chain or a normal , then you have to do the precise motion , otherwise the game only register the down motion and then the forward ( because there is no move with down and down forward input only , ) leading the straight shot ( d+f) to come out . I really have hard time to pull it off on the left side of the screen :/

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Anyone have a combo from a d2 anti air ?
Can't find much. d2 is kind of shitty in terms of combo damage.

d2 xx Silly Slide > d2 xx Tantrum~3 - 13% dmg midscreen. You can do 1,2 xx Play Doctor after Silly Slide, but it's kind of awkward and wiffs sometimes.

d2 xx Heads Up > b1,2,1 xx Line of Fire > 1,2 xx Play Doctor - ~20% dmg in the corner

Xaltis

Noob
Hello everyone, very new here, trying to learn combos with Harley. I'm having major trouble, considering this is my first real fighter other than Smash Bros. I read through this thread and kinda have no clue what the stuff you guys say mean. I'm basically figuring out combos for myself but ugh it's hard >_>

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Hello everyone, very new here, trying to learn combos with Harley. I'm having major trouble, considering this is my first real fighter other than Smash Bros. I read through this thread and kinda have no clue what the stuff you guys say mean. I'm basically figuring out combos for myself but ugh it's hard >_>
1,2,3,4 is X,Y,A,B for xbox or square, triangle, X, circle for playstation

DFMB=FFMB when canceling out of a string. Uses two bars of meter.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
DFMB=FFMB when canceling out of a string. Uses two bars of meter.
You seem to have missed the follow on posts where I link to others who have had success with qcf and qcbMB for bounce cancel and correct myself about the 2 meters.

I know you are trying to help, but it makes a difference if you read everything first :)

You seem to have missed the follow on posts where I link to others who have had success with qcf and qcbMB for bounce cancel and correct myself about the 2 meters.

I know you are trying to help, but it makes a difference if you read everything first :)
I read everything in this thread prior to stating the simple fact that ffMB=dfMB when canceling out of strings. Explicit confirmation never hurt anyone, or so I thought lol.

It does indeed make a difference if you read everything first.

Here is my official BnBs I'll be using (until somebody comes up with something significantly better).

These are all high damage, meterless, and very easy (once you get the hang of play doctor).

Mid Screen BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Reversal BnB
1,2,3__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Overhead:
F2__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Mid-Screen Overhead
F2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I read everything in this thread prior to stating the simple fact that ffMB=dfMB when canceling out of strings. Explicit confirmation never hurt anyone, or so I thought lol.

It does indeed make a difference if you read everything first.
I get that bb/ff is the actual notation. Just stating that there is another way to input it. Nothing more.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Here is my official BnBs I'll be using (until somebody comes up with something significantly better).

These are all high damage, meterless, and very easy (once you get the hang of play doctor).

Mid Screen BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Reversal BnB
1,2,3__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Overhead:
F2,3__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Mid-Screen Overhead
F2,3,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor
Nice. It seems f1,3 x2 is far easier than f1,3 > b1,2,1 and is the same damage. Good stuff.