What's new

Hard Work Pays Off

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.

After about 2 and a half hours of trying to find a reliable Flash reset I have finally done it, enjoy! Ignore the crap combo I dropped at the end, I was too busy nearly jumping out of my seat in excitement.

EDIT: After some testing, d1,d2 can whiff under certain circumstances, causing this to be escapable. However, a slight step forward before inputting that string corrects the whiff. When tested with the step forward, the only way I could negate the reset was with air escapes, blocking the mixup correctly, or push blocking. Batman's cape parry starts up at 4 frames and didn't even come out. Couldn't use my super move, couldn't poke out, mb b3/f3 didn't work.

Last edited:

SLH7671

So they can't armor/super or do anything and have to take a mix up? Even the overhead?
I'll have to do some testing on that tomorrow after work I'll be sure to edit the original post containing my findings. It's definitely worth looking into. I figured I'd get this up on TYM as soon as possible in the meantime.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
any tips on the timing? the 32 is landing sometimes, but when it does, it doesnt restand them.

SLH7671

So they can't armor/super or do anything and have to take a mix up? Even the overhead?
Also, what do you think would be the best way of testing this? Want to make sure I'm trying every viable option possible. Maybe the fastest Meter Burn F3 in the game? Super moves? Fastest startup frame specials?

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I had the best success in getting every hit of the combo off as fast as possible
i got it! thanks. it worked best for me when i delayed the second j3 a bit.

EDIT: remember that the follow up combo will be scaled down bc it starts while flashes trait is active.

Last edited:

John Silhacek

Johnslowfatchick
As it turns out, there's also a reset in the corner. Combo inputs are as follows:

f2,1~ mb df1, d2, 32
d1,d2~mb df1, d2 32

this reset in the corner put you behind them for a crossup if not blocked correctly.
Did some testing myself. Kinda cool addition is that right after the re-stand into F21, you can actually do a DF1 dash cancel into 112 DF1. Just adds a bit more damage and pressure options.
Cheers!

SLH7671

IS the 50/50 guaranteed? If so this is amazing lol
Sorry about delayed responses, I hadn't got any emails in regards to replies and such so. I sounded like DSP when I went into practice and set the CPU Flash to do this cause I was saying THERE'S NOTHING I COULD DO. I had to block the 50/50 correctly to escape. I tried to super out, no luck, no poke outs. Only correct blocking and air escapes really worked for me, but I think an air roll against Flash in his trait is a bad idea.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Lol calls one character op, defends another top tier. Cant we all just agree most characters are pretty balanced and that the top tiers just need small adjustments?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
After learning the combo and then watching Raptor's vid I figured out the biggest issue with the combo. By hitting the restand within the trait the second combo scales really really hard. Raptor did an example combo that starts as trait ends. Food for thought. Love this concept

Here's the video if wondering

SLH7671

After learning the combo and then watching Raptor's vid I figured out the biggest issue with the combo. By hitting the restand within the trait the second combo scales really really hard. Raptor did an example combo that starts as trait ends. Food for thought. Love this concept

Here's the video if wondering
Foking nioce. Glad to see we've got at least two variants now. LOL