What's new

Breakthrough - Master of Souls Hard Knockdown setup (sweep)

zaf

professor
I was also thinking this, doesn't it have the same effect?
That being said, a sweep in that situation could bait a wake-up a bit easier since it looks like an input error, maybe?
I'm going to definitely be trying this out in practice sessions, however I don't think it looking like an input error makes it work more.
A lot of set ups end in sweeps. I would also not bank on any "gimmicks" like input errors as ways to win. May work in lower level play. But I want consistent and working tech over tricks.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I'm going to definitely be trying this out in practice sessions, however I don't think it looking like an input error makes it work more.
A lot of set ups end in sweeps. I would also not bank on any "gimmicks" like input errors as ways to win. May work in lower level play. But I want consistent and working tech over tricks.
That was the first 5 minutes I spent playing Ermac tbh hahaha so idk his actual strings or combos :( But I was looking for hard knockdown setups for him because I wanna see it abused with his OH/Low more

zaf

professor
That was the first 5 minutes I spent playing Ermac tbh hahaha so idk his actual strings or combos :( But I was looking for hard knockdown setups for him because I wanna see it abused with his OH/Low more
Also I'll work this into my game for you.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I never once used a sweep to set-up anything for Ermac, until this video I'd probably never have considered it either. I specifically meant baiting your opponent into capitalizing off an input error, since Ermac never ends his combo's with a sweep, wouldn't you say it creates more pressure?

I tried using this similarly as the b1d2 tech, sweep has longer frame knockdown and less pushback, this tech can work the same way with IASB but armored specials still beat it, obviously. So instead of baiting with a 1 or going for the IASB: dashing in and neutral jumping flips the sides and can make some armored combo starters completely whiff and punishable with an NJP after the armored frames expire pretty consistently.

I'll test this out with the rest of the roster (so far works with Balanced Kenshi, War God Kotal, Raiden Thunder God) and update this post, maybe a short video if my explanation is confusing.
Thanks for sharing, insuperable