What's new

Happy Anniversary, From Me To You.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think we need a happy distraction.
So here's a story from Boxy to all of you...

Roughly two years ago today, when I was still just a lurker throughout the MKU's and MKO's of the world, just a fan with a penchant for yellow robots and a life lost to baseless depression and confusion looking for a purpose...in an effort to better my Cyrax after seeing what the online populus was capable of, my hunt for improvement brought me here to TYM.

And finding my way here to TYM changed my world for the rest of my days.

EVO 2011 happened, and watching it showed me a side of this Kombative world I had no idea existed, it was captivating and crazy and almost hypnotic in its allure, and hooked me in like few other things before it ever had. I had to know more.
And then Summer Jam 5 and SVB 2K11 happened, and put my yellow robot in a limelight that made me certain I was on to something grand and monumental by virtue of the mighty Maxter and Mustard. I had to get better.
Before I knew it, it was weeks before December, i had a stack of notes and a composition book packed with plots, plans, data and hypotheses, i was plotting with the great and powerful DanCock as to having a floor to crash on for the weekend, and I was growing into a full-fledged padawan of the FGC, and I realized that my commitment, my changes, my drive to pursue this mad art of ours, it had broken my curses and pulled me out of all that dark, and put my head back on straight more tightly than it'd felt in countless years. And I had the absolute time of my fucking life, reassuring myself that no matter how long it took me to become a worthy opponent and knight of the community, it'd be worth every step of the journey.

So seeing as it'd be impossible for me to accurately recall and tag every kind and furious soul responsible for making this journey the epic trek it's been thus far, I just want to leave an enormous and elaborate THANK YOU <3 to all of my TYM leaders and brethren, training partners and clanmates past present and future, all of the scene collectives from my neighbors in NY, to the hype machine of AK, to the Cali and Vegas and Canada boys and girls, to the mods and mad geniuses that keep this boat afloat...
It's a glorious anniversary today, and it's been 2 of the best years of my life being a part of all this, and much like the OG's of the arcade days that still stand proud among us, I don't plan on going anywhere for a long, long time <3.

(and I still plan to win NEC. One day. Someday. It's the one trophy I'll be able to die happy with.)

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3