What's new

Ha! I saw that coming! (well sorta) - The Kenshi Reflect Guide

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you're facing a nightwolf, and you reflect his arrow or something, when he reflects it back you will not have to do your reflect again as it will still reflect. Its interesting.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
If you're facing a nightwolf, and you reflect his arrow or something, when he reflects it back you will not have to do your reflect again as it will still reflect. Its interesting.
I was wondering about that. Is there a limit to how many times NW and Kenshi can keep reflecting the same projectile back and forth? Because if not that could provide for some funny scenarios lol

zaf

professor
It looks Hilarious when Noob's Running man is reflectd by kenshi.
The running man is like "OH SHIT A SWORD, fuck that im outta hereee"

From what I could gather, regular reflect doesnt bounce back the buzzsaw, but enhanced absorbs it. I thought that was weird.

You should also probably note that noob's shadows aren't reflected, but rather sent into the background

From what I could gather, regular reflect doesnt bounce back the buzzsaw, but enhanced absorbs it. I thought that was weird.

You should also probably note that noob's shadows aren't reflected, but rather sent into the background
Lol i wonder what happens if you reflect Noob's shadow on stages like the pit... Do they just run off in the air or what? :O

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
My friend and I were doing a variation of "Roseball" in SF. Each player would be rose and set the handicap to max so you have no health. Then one person would "serve" a soul spark and we would reflect it and you could dash forward or backward to force the person to reflect faster or not be able to in time. Person gets hit, the other person gets the point. Now nightwolf's arrows are kinda fast and if you keep reflecting them back and forth the arrow will disappear but it would still be there and you would still have to reflect. To remedy this, we would have do nightwolf/reptile tag matches and as reptile send out a force ball and then quickly switch back to nightwolf. Its a fun novelty, but I haven't played it in weeks. The FB disappears eventually too...

hardwire

Noob
My friend and I were doing a variation of "Roseball" in SF. Each player would be rose and set the handicap to max so you have no health. Then one person would "serve" a soul spark and we would reflect it and you could dash forward or backward to force the person to reflect faster or not be able to in time. Person gets hit, the other person gets the point. Now nightwolf's arrows are kinda fast and if you keep reflecting them back and forth the arrow will disappear but it would still be there and you would still have to reflect. To remedy this, we would have do nightwolf/reptile tag matches and as reptile send out a force ball and then quickly switch back to nightwolf. Its a fun novelty, but I haven't played it in weeks. The FB disappears eventually too...
how many have you been able to get out at once?

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Ignoring his X-Ray, isn't Kenshi the first character in MK to have no projectile?

Funny glitch: I lost a round to Shang where I traded my X-Ray with a skull at full screen, and the sword just hovered in midair until the next round started.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Some players and I made this thread a while ago for NW, save you guys some trouble/research

Baraka's fireball
Cyrax bombs (absorb only)
CSZ Ice Ball
Ermac's fireball
Goro's fireball
Jade's shurikens
Jax's sonic wave
JC's shadow ball
Kabal's purple ball
Kabal's low saw (absorb only)
Kano knife
Kintaro's fireball
Kitana's x-ray (deflects it)
Kitana's fans
Kung Lao's low hat
Kung Lao's hat
Liu Kang's fire
Millenna's Sai
Nightwolf's arrow
Noob's clones
Quan chi's fireball
Raiden's electricity (Even Ex)
Reptile ball
Reptile spit
Sektor missiles
Shao Kahn's arrow
Scarlet's sais
Shang Tsung's skulls/fireballs
Sheeva's fireball
Sindel's aerial and ground balls
Sonya's projectile
Stryker bomb toss
Stryker's pistol
Sub Zero freezeball

Below is the list he CANNOT reflect

CBZ bombs
Cyrax net
Kabal's ground projectile
Kintaro's flamethrower
Scoprion spear
Shao Kahn's hammer
Smoke's otg projectile

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
as well as

-All upward or downward projectiles. Example: Sektor and Shang tsung Upward projectile, and shang downward projectile.
-Cyrax Net (Nullifying the effect with either EX or regular Reflect)
-Nullifying scorpions spears with EX absorb
-Absorb Subzero Clones
-Kitana's X ray
-Sektor X ray
-Kenshi's X ray

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
don't bother trying to deflect freddy's air claw he can shoot one out to cancel it as its coming back.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Is it possible to reflect JC's fireball in his f3,3, exfireball trap? Or are you at too much of a disadvantage?

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Is it possible to reflect JC's fireball in his f3,3, exfireball trap? Or are you at too much of a disadvantage?
too much dis advantage due to the reflect startup. PS: u can Armor in between. also, kenshi can simply duck any of JC's EX fireball close traps.
a similar example were kenshi can reflect safely like how u mentioned, is against kung lao. KL can trap with f+3, and then non lick chain of Low hat. this low hat is reflectable.

Tolkeen

/wrists
By armor, do you mean RK or SC... or does it not matter? And is there a list somewhere of strings you can interrupt with "armor"?