What's new

Guys, let's face it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That really isn't the case heh. I firsthand seen the big dropoffs of players in SFV.

NRS games have a higher perceived dropoff only because they have a much larger userbase cause it sells a lot more. Thus more casuals to drop off(like they will in all FG's).
Yeah — I was being sarcastic (thus the long mmmhmmmmm). Just poking fun at how people like to paint common fighting game issues as NRS-specific stuff (like having wonky hitboxes in some situations, etc).

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
But in Street Fighter, 75% of the playerbase at launch is still around a year later.

Mmmhmm...
i love both mk and sf but u cant compare the two competitively and regarding life span thats because mk is geared towards casuals that will forget about it maximum 1 year after release except for the hardcore fans

i love both but man the variation system needs to go asap coz it makes the characters feel less complete

i kept playing mk9 from release until the release of mkx for a reason ya know

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You could nerf the throw KB. That's just about it.

Fuck me dudes...I'm sick of playing Liu Kang every other match. It's so boring now.

I need to fight a good Liu Kang to see what the big deal is. He's strong but I have never left a fight with Liu thinking, 'that needs a nerf'
Me neither. I play as thunder wave Raiden, keep my distance using teleport, punish that flying dragon kick thing as that's his main fast way in from distance, punish the gaps in his combos. Only problems are when he gets me in the corner or if I'm playing someone who does good mixups

My point exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if Sub got buffed or changed the next go-around too since both of them are the staples of the franchise. Most people don't realize they are the only two characters to be playable in every single MK to date, and that's probably part of the reason why NRS makes them pretty simple to play.
Raiden wants to know your location