What's new

Guys, let's face it

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
As long as people can play as a yellow ninja that says GET OVER HERE, then we will always have a playerbase.
My point exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if Sub got buffed or changed the next go-around too since both of them are the staples of the franchise. Most people don't realize they are the only two characters to be playable in every single MK to date, and that's probably part of the reason why NRS makes them pretty simple to play.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
They'll all run back to the next top 5 mindless.

If only NRS made the good characters the harder to use ones.
Remember the times when NRS made a fighting game where the biggest damage and combo extensions came from moves that needed special requirements to be met, called krushing blows, or amplified special moves that required special inputs each? Well, it was called pre-launch MK11 and people bitched about, but barely anyone defended it. Now play what you got.

MK9

Noob
I’m going to learn kang just so I can fit in, I’m getting to much salt with Kano. People still block after b2

Wigy

There it is...
Remember the times when NRS made a fighting game where the biggest damage and combo extensions came from moves that needed special requirements to be met, called krushing blows, or amplified special moves that required special inputs each? Well, it was called pre-launch MK11 and people bitched about, but barely anyone defended it. Now play what you got.
I keep hearing this. Just making specials have a character specific input isnt skillful, it's just a lazy execution barrier.

I didn't care either way about this, but there's a lot of this vague arbitrary shitting on the community when people make legitimate comments on NRS's shortcomings.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I keep hearing this. Just making specials have a character specific input isnt skillful, it's just a lazy execution barrier.

I didn't care either way about this, but there's a lot of this vague arbitrary shitting on the community when people make legitimate comments on NRS's shortcomings.
Not really. You'd have a specific window to input those commands, like flawless blocks. I don't know if this was the original idea, but it could've been.

Wigy

There it is...
Not really. You'd have a specific window to input those commands, like flawless blocks. I don't know if this was the original idea, but it could've been.
As I understand it. It was just specific inputs for specials to meterburn.

I mean in some zoning spam like Sonya it could add some difficulty but for 99% of stuff it's just having to learn the input for your character.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My point exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if Sub got buffed or changed the next go-around too since both of them are the staples of the franchise. Most people don't realize they are the only two characters to be playable in every single MK to date, and that's probably part of the reason why NRS makes them pretty simple to play.
Scorpion wasn't in MK3, though. It felt really weird playing that for the first time in the arcade and not seeing him on the select screen.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Scorpion wasn't in MK3, though. It felt really weird playing that for the first time in the arcade and not seeing him on the select screen.
Aw yeah you're right... I guess I always think of UMK3 since it was technically the final revision. But yes he wasn't in MK3. That was such a weird game looking back now. Lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You haven't lived here long

NRS hates SZ

hates him.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
But in Street Fighter, 75% of the playerbase at launch is still around a year later.

Mmmhmm...
That really isn't the case heh. I firsthand seen the big dropoffs of players in SFV.

NRS games have a higher perceived dropoff only because they have a much larger userbase cause it sells a lot more. Thus more casuals to drop off(like they will in all FG's).