What's new

Guy Kicked Out of Reveal Event For Leaking Shang Tsung

(Answer after reading thread) Do you think he was kicked because he was legitimately spilling info?

• YUS! Bring the old magic boy back! Thank you random person who can't keep a secret!

• NO! This is all bullsh*t, and frankly Circus, this thread is giving me eye-aids.

• Hmm. We'll wait and see? Im indecisive AF, and no, I don't know where we should go eat later.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So, while on my embarrassingly long multi-day search for a video on twitch or youtube where someone scrolls through Geras' temporary poke frame data, I came across something a little gossip'y that I thought I'd share here for everyone to discuss because it might be a pseudo-confirm if you look at it that way.

The video is of people who went to the London reveal event. This is their footage from the event.

43:23 in video

Whole convo because my time means nothing to me apparently:

Dude#2 : Uh, MontyShaw is asking me if Shang Tsung will come back-

Dude#1 : I would think so.

Dude#2 : - and well somebody claimed to have the inside scoop on who's coming back and Shang Tsung was one of the characters that they said, but after they said that they got banned from the event.

Dude#1 : Say what?

Dude#2 : There was a guy who that claimed that Shang Tsung was going to be in the game. He claimed that he had access to some secret information and he leaked it when he wasn't suppose to and next thing you know that guy got banned.

Dude#1 : I don't know how -

Dude#2 : So it makes you wonder. Was he banned for lying about information that's not true or was he banned because he leaked secret stuff that when he wasn't suppose to share it.

Dude#1: I don't know -

Dude#2 : That's open to interpretation.

Dude#1 : That seems like a lot of drama that we don't have to get involved with personally, but, haha. I don't know. I would take it with a grain of salt until you see it. I would take it with a grain of salt.

More Info To Consider:

There are some people who made their way to reveal events who left with absolute certainty that they know at least a couple of the characters who have yet to be revealed.

Who is to say how they know, but if you look over some of LIJoe's twitch streams where he shows his reveal event footage. He says he knows for a fact he's maining Raiden and a character that everyone else has to just wait and see. He's very hush hush about it and would never be the kind of person to spill things when he knows.

The whole point is that there ARE some people who know info on who is coming out because of these reveal events. Either way, what dude#1 says is true. This does have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit:

Seems as though the identity of the spiller has been found.

With NOOB and my boy JAX in addition to Shang. Nice!

Was this guy banned because he had the inside scoop and spilled it?

Is this just a bunch of horse sh*t?

Will I ever find this damn Geras poke frame data?

Who knows?! What do you guys think?

Last edited:
They're probably talking about Dab. That wasn't a leak, he just used the word 'revoked' wrong.
he wasn't banned, he just couldn't go to the event.

So no.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I think they're talking about the dude whose invitation to the reveal event was revoked a few days before the event. He "leaked" some characters but later said that he wasn't the source of the leak and for all he knows it was false. But he might have only backtracked in an attempt to save his job/invitation/rep.

The characters he "leaked" were Shang, Liu, Noob, Kabal, and Jax.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
They're probably talking about Dab. That wasn't a leak, he just used the word 'revoked' wrong.

So no.
Well considering Dab went to the LA event and these guys went to the London event. I don't know if they meant Dab tbh.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think they're talking about the dude whose invitation to the reveal event was revoked a few days before the event. He "leaked" some characters but later said that he wasn't the source of the leak and for all he knows it was false. But he might have only backtracked in an attempt to save his job/invitation/rep.

The characters he "leaked" were Shang, Liu, Noob, Kabal, and Jax.
This still begs the question though.

Was he revoked because the leaks were true?
Was he revoked for lying?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This still begs the question though.

Was he revoked because the leaks were true?
Was he revoked for lying?
I would say for the leaks being true. Not buying the "gotta cover my ass" statements after he clearly stated how sad he was that he was treated badly by nrs because he has always been a fan. I understand why he had to backtrack though. He isn't the first to leak and won't be the last.

If he was just talking bs, then they probably wouldn't have cared much. Being on stream talking about the tippity top secret incoming reveals of Shujinko and Sareena, or that he expects Johnny Cage back due to MKX story, likely wouldn't have meant much. But mentioning characters that no one knew to expect yet (Kabal has a Kombat Kast coming, Noob all but confirmed now, Liu seen at the event) and saying you heard from your "source", is likely what caused it.

I mean, do we know that for a fact? Did someone from NRS back that version of events? Because it's just as likely at this point that he lied the second time instead of the first time.
The rumour was that he was a tester.
Just look at his twitter feed and you'll know he wasn't. He keeps asking people about how the game works.

He's just a guy who's good at mortal kombat and bad with words.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Shang is very popular
+
MK11 is about revisiting the past
+
Shang is one of the most pivotal characters in the history of MK
+
It is an opportunity to make him live again
=
he is in the game.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang is very popular
+
+
+
=
he is in the game.
You could make a similar point about more characters than there are free roaster spots. I hope he makes it, but he's far from a safe bet.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
You could make a similar point about more characters than there are free roaster spots. I hope he makes it, but he's far from a safe bet.
He is a a safe bet. Stryker, mortaro, kintaro, Kai, jarek... They are not safe bets

All mk 1 and most mk2 characters are fairly safe bets apart from mileena and (maybe) reptile.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Shang is very popular
+
+
+
=
he is in the game.
Him being popular and pivotal didn't stop him from sitting out MKX. I think he'll be in considering the Boon teases and the demand but just assuming so is silly, he has to be one of the hardest characters to develop with the shape shifting. I could see him being DLC or even sitting out for just that reason.

JDM

Noob

So no.
dude you actually believed that? lmao. He was saying NRS was in the wrong for revoking his invite and shit, it's not that he couldn't go because of work it's because he got his invite revoked. He just backpedaled after saying dumb stuff.

dude you actually believed that? lmao. He was saying NRS was in the wrong for revoking his invite and shit, it's not that he couldn't go because of work it's because he got his invite revoked. He just backpedaled after saying dumb stuff.
If Dab was an NRS tester I’ll give you 50$.