What's new

General/Other - Gunslinger Gunslinger and Holster Stance

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I dont know if it was posted already but sand gust can be used for midscreen and corner pressure that leads to combo on hit confirm.
F1 and F2 jail into sand gust so opponent is forced to take it on block. its -1 so you can down poke to throw them off their game and repeat.
It works on females as well. Midscreen leads into a run cancel 21122 finish.
Midscreen its pretty distance dependent and can be inconsistent against all characters when the initial f1 is blocked, its still even inconsistent in the corner with female characters.

either way, its our only mid screen option for decent meterless damage off the overhead

InFlames

dead
Sos 2 gives him a hard knock down for raw 10% damage. It doesn't really need a buff IMO, although I see where you are coming from.
SOS 2 isn't a hard knockdown, and after playing Gunslinger exclusively I've had nothing but SOS 2 whiffing on jump ins. The risk-reward is so bad with this move if all you get is a measly 10% and a normal knockdown which guarantees no type of pressure midscreen. If you read a jump in you might as well just cancel out and do your standard uppercut AA which does more damage. This move seriously needs a buff in order to have any type of utility.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Midscreen its pretty distance dependent and can be inconsistent against all characters when the initial f1 is blocked, its still even inconsistent in the corner with female characters.

either way, its our only mid screen option for decent meterless damage off the overhead
I agree. managed to get more testing in myself. working on alternatives.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
SOS 2 isn't a hard knockdown, and after playing Gunslinger exclusively I've had nothing but SOS 2 whiffing on jump ins. The risk-reward is so bad with this move if all you get is a measly 10% and a normal knockdown which guarantees no type of pressure midscreen. If you read a jump in you might as well just cancel out and do your standard uppercut AA which does more damage. This move seriously needs a buff in order to have any type of utility.
Oh its not a hkd? That sucks, it definitely needs some buffs then.

I did some experimentations with it earlier today, turns out it has a very thin hit box and can barely be used as a combo ender as a result (it only connects after b2...)

So as it stands:
You can't follow it up, it doesn't hard knock down and even if it did it doesn't even have the frame data to be used for the exact purpose it is designed to be used for! (You can't whip it out on reaction and it offers nothing of note over d2, making the latter his best AA full stop)
I used to be of the opinion that since he gets 3 options off SOS, 2 not juggling wasn't an issue. Not any more, it's practically useless.

The only thing it has got going for it is it's a diagonal upwards (~30 degree angle) AA...oh and unbreakable combo damage off of b2(!)

I dont know exactly what buffs Gunslinger needs (I need some time to think things over and see what does he actually need), but I am now convinced it definitely needs something.

Last edited:

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
Oh its not a hkd? That sucks, it definitely needs some buffs then.

I did some experimentations with it earlier today, turns out it has a very thin hit box and can barely be used as a combo ender as a result (it only connects after b2...)

So as it stands:
You can't follow it up, it doesn't hard knock down and even if it did it doesn't even have the frame data to be used for the exact purpose it is designed to be used for! (You can't whip it out on reaction and it offers nothing of note over d2, making the latter his best AA full stop)
I used to be of the opinion that since he gets 3 options off SOS, 2 not juggling wasn't an issue. Not any more, it's practically useless.

The only thing it has got going for it is it's a diagonal upwards (~30 degree angle) AA...oh and unbreakable combo damage off of b2(!)

I dont know exactly what buffs Gunslinger needs (I need some time to think things over and see what does he actually need), but I am now convinced it definitely needs something.
Not a Gunslinger exclusive buff, but I think Erron in general could use the U1 that he has after B32 as it's own move. Do it like how they gave Shinnok his overhead, just add a neutral U1 move so he can have a decent AA that he can get damage off of.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Neither is sos3