What's new

Question Gun Cancel into block

Espio

Kokomo
Am I missing something...because i try to gun cancel to bait teleports and go into block immediately, but he dashes forward and I can't block immediately, so even though I read and baited the teleport, they still get the punish instead me getting the punish.

It seems like you should be able to go immediately into block, if you can and I'm just doing it wrong, but I've been trying to do it forever and can't seem to get it right.

Vulcan said in the comments that the timing was very strict, guess I'll keep trying:),

I watched one of Vulcan's videos and he does it on reaction to Smoke's really fast teleport...he did a stance switch it looks like from gun cancel.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Yea, the timing is strict. I found out that when you dash to cancel the gun, you have to press block the exact same time that you press the 2nd forward for the dash. Stryker will just switch stance cancel the gun, instead of dashing forward.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
yeah you dash cancel gun but you don't actually want to do the dash. the stance change cancels the dash like any other move but you can block from it faster. say if they jump in on you you could dash 4 aa. this is also why i dropped stryker. I use a stick and everytime i tried to dash switchstance block i'd either get a 4 or a 3 and not the switch stance. if you use a pad you can just push the switch stance button. because of this stryker is definitely a pad character.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks guys, I should have asked sooner, I didn't want to look ignorant for asking..but I was stumped at this point lol.

I'm hopeful I can get this down quickly, it's exactly what I need for the Sektor match up, I want to make him and others actually scared to try and teleport, like I'm scared to zone Sektor, that would level the playing field immensely for me.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Thanks guys, I should have asked sooner, I didn't want to look ignorant for asking..but I was stumped at this point lol.

I'm hopeful I can get this down quickly, it's exactly what I need for the Sektor match up, I want to make him and others actually scared to try and teleport, like I'm scared to zone Sektor, that would level the playing field immensely for me.
I've been trying to use that gun, switch stance cancel too. It's so hard, but I think it will pay off if when can master it.

Espio

Kokomo
I've been trying to use that gun, switch stance cancel too. It's so hard, but I think it will pay off if when can master it.
We need to play again after I get back from Season's Beatings and get this down, I really think this is the gateway to moving forward with Stryker in a threatening way, making telporters fear a 30% full combo punish from Stryker every single time they even think about teleporting when he pulls out his gun. It would pay out in dividends:).

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Yea, and we can also use it to pressure more, since we'll be able to block much quicker than when we would just do a regular dash cancel. I've been kind working on some rushdown stuff using his B1,2xxGun Cancelxx2,3xxSwich Stance Gun Cancel, ect. I have yet to try it in a real match, cause I would easily get counter poked or something, if I'm not doing the switch stance gun cancel.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Keep in mind that not every combo ender will allow you to block a teleport after a gun cancel, you gonna have to end the combo in either baton sweep or gunshot to gain the advantage. With that being said, you will know that you master it when you change stance on the spot from gun cancel. Beware that having 3 bars will often trigger the xray

Whenever my friend tries to do it to me, I can always poke out of it. I'm not sure if he's doing it wrong or not.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks for all the feedback guys, very informative tips, going to work really hard on this I want to have a complete Stryker eventually, I haven't even tapped half of Stryker's potential yet. I'm hopeful that I will have my house in order soon.