What's new

Guide for Creating Reptile As Playable Character In mk1 With Cheat File

Since its been a lot of asking about how too use Reptile as playable caracter in mk1, i decided too write small guide of how to do it as wide as possible so everyone will understand.

Cheat file does not work on all emulators, so first you gotta make sure that you have make proper emulator, beacose newer emulators have updated engine that dont read the cheat file.
If you dont have the cheat file yet here is the link too download it : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bec17802161f7e3724a64199ac7f73e5e04e75f6e8ebb871
it includes also the mame32 0.118 one of many older emulators where cheat file works with no problems (its also for thoes who use gamepads).
Once you got the cheat file, just copy it into the general mame folder ( the same folder where is the mame exe.file )
im considering you all have the roms, go too the option menu of the mk1 rev.3 game and under "michellaneous" check "enable game cheats".
Start the game, use Tab" for menu scrool into the "cheat" >>> "enable/disable cheat" menu activate next few options there:
-Reptile Pallette 1: ON
-Have Reptile,s speed ON
-P1 Body move set Scorpion ON
-P1 Body move set Sub Zero OFF

Now; in order too play as Reptile you will have too switch between moves from both ninja caracters (sub & scorpion)
To do that you need too setup (activate) one single button wich you will press everytime you wanna use moves from either Sub zero or Scorpion.

To do that you have to go into the "Add Edit a Cheat" menu & go into the sub option for:
-P1 Body move set Scorpion
Activation Key (1st): ("press whatever button u want too use for switching the moves from either of the ninja,s)
-P1 Body move set Sub Zero
Activation Key (1st): ("press whatever button u want too use for switching the moves from either of the ninja,s)
Use The same key in both Sub Zero AND Scorpion Sub menu if you wanna use only 1 button for switching. Its easiest way too play, beacose this is how you can switch faster between "spear-teleport /slide-freze ball" moves.

Once you do that, get out of the menu and pick Scorpion and thats it: and if you wanna play it on bottom pit stage, just put ON the "go to the bottom of the pit now" option in general "enable/disable Cheat menu". :)

How too Create Reptile As Playable Caracter In mk1 With Cheat File

Sweet, I'll try this out tonight. Thanks Dreadish!

Guide for Creating Reptile As Playable Caracter In mk1 With Cheat File

also keep in mind that the repitle palette works only on 2 backgrounds,bottom of the pit and the courtyard(with the shao lin monks in the back),also you don't have to turn the cheat "turn cpu scorpion into reptile)

iammud

Noob

I used to have this setup, but I took it one step further. I made a script that listened for the movements of each move to assign the body set. EG if you hit back back it'd hit an unused key that was assigned to the body set to scorpion, leaving lp ready to send the spear. if hit down forward it'd assign to sub, down back scorpion again. There was a catch to the slide though, I remember having to simulate double strokes for it to work properly since there's no real action that takes place before you hit them. I only suggest people majorly into scripting to try this, that whole thing was a serious pain to get to work properly...

mud said:
I used to have this setup, but I took it one step further. I made a script that listened for the movements of each move to assign the body set. EG if you hit back back it'd hit an unused key that was assigned to the body set to scorpion, leaving lp ready to send the spear. if hit down forward it'd assign to sub, down back scorpion again. There was a catch to the slide though, I remember having to simulate double strokes for it to work properly since there's no real action that takes place before you hit them. I only suggest people majorly into scripting to try this, that whole thing was a serious pain to get to work properly...
sounds very good