What's new

Strategy Grundy taunt, and its uses

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Since NRS deprived us of taunts, you know Im on the lookout for some ways to put some swagger into my bows. This taunt is a little crass, but actually has some really strong use in game. After a meter burned WC the most efficient set up is to double dash in and stance switch leading into one of quite a few options(shouts out to @BaronVonRupert for the glorious stance switch find). Instead of this, because a properly timed double dash puts you right on top of the opponents torso and not their legs, you can duck repeatedly and dip your dead grundy balls directly into your opponents mouth making grundy the ultimate disrespecter in the game.

Now aside from slamming your nuts into any fringe scorpions mouth that you may come across, this does have very practical application. Because holding directly down also blocks in this game, its a great wait to trick your opponent into thinking you are going to block(or not block)with sporadic blocking and non blocking movement. A blocked wake up can easily be turned into 50% from a d2 punish on most of the cast, and since you aren't committing to any actual action you can always pick your balls up out their mouth and f13xx4 or 11xxany while keeping them meaty. This also might be and easier way to hit the d12 hard knockdown safe jump setup that could really benefit grundy players against opponents that wake up attack alot.

Remember to show some cooth and dont just go dipping your balls on every WC(mb)

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
I like this and its sad we don't have taunts, WC is basically the only taunt you can put in as a finishing move, my mates hate it!

Guess i"m old fashioned but never really was a fan of taunting and disrespecting opponents. I come from an Arcade era where you'd end up in a fight doing something like that. I kind of carry that over to online. If I wouldn't do it offline where somebody might pull a gun or a knife on me I'm not going to do it online either.

Amusingly enough this guy thought I was teabagging because after a mb wc I dashed up and crouched to make him think I was just going to block. Started a nice litle hate mail war when his laggy buddies deathstroke beat me and he gloated for some reason.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Guess i"m old fashioned but never really was a fan of taunting and disrespecting opponents. I come from an Arcade era where you'd end up in a fight doing something like that. I kind of carry that over to online. If I wouldn't do it offline where somebody might pull a gun or a knife on me I'm not going to do it online either.

Amusingly enough this guy thought I was teabagging because after a mb wc I dashed up and crouched to make him think I was just going to block. Started a nice litle hate mail war when his laggy buddies deathstroke beat me and he gloated for some reason.
There is always a time and place for taunting especially in fighting games. Lets say your playing a fucking superman who is air laze ring you the entire game when it's already a 7-3MU for Grundy. That kid is getting my salty zombie balls in his mouth np

There is always a time and place for taunting especially in fighting games. Lets say your playing a fucking superman who is air laze ring you the entire game when it's already a 7-3MU for Grundy. That kid is getting my salty zombie balls in his mouth np

Not really. Its not a 7-3 MU in the first place nor does being insecure about homosexuality do anything here just makes you sound ignorant. If he's doing that all game he's an easy win for you. If you woudln't do it in person where you might just get your ass kicked why do it online. Thats by far the biggest pussy attitude and approach to the game I've seen.

Though it is amusing you're tossing around homosexual slurs yet so preoccupied with dipping your balls into people's mouth.

I'm assuming you don't use babalities either as that's a sign of disrespect, and you don't use cheap tactics that could anger the opponent; if you're opponent is really going o beat you up for taunting in a video game then you should probably stop playing with people that have anger issues. It makes it more fun to play against friends when you can taunt them and make them try harder. Besides, it's all for fun and taunting can make it more enjoyable at times

I'm assuming you don't use babalities either as that's a sign of disrespect, and you don't use cheap tactics that could anger the opponent; if you're opponent is really going o beat you up for taunting in a video game then you should probably stop playing with people that have anger issues. It makes it more fun to play against friends when you can taunt them and make them try harder. Besides, it's all for fun and taunting can make it more enjoyable at times
I don't play mortal kombat though I did help with the balancing of the last one.

There is no such thing as cheap. Its a subjective term. What is cheap to you one day may not be cheap the next day. I'll use any tactic I choose to use against my opponents. Going all out is a sign of respect for your opponent.

I'm from the arcade era where players like the homophobic person above would likely get curb stomped for behavior like that. Friends is one thing this post isn't referring to friends though.

It's a pretty immature behavior no matter how you break it down. Antagonizing a good opponent isn't typically a good strategy either. When people make me mad I usually play better.

Homosexual slurs are not allowed.

Quite an unusual tactic+taunt for you've got for Solomon, though.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Not really. Its not a 7-3 MU in the first place nor does being insecure about homosexuality do anything here just makes you sound ignorant. If he's doing that all game he's an easy win for you. If you woudln't do it in person where you might just get your ass kicked why do it online. Thats by far the biggest pussy attitude and approach to the game I've seen.

Though it is amusing you're tossing around homosexual slurs yet so preoccupied with dipping your balls into people's mouth.
First good sir, as a man who has homosexual intercourse(since we have to speak with innocence in a fighting game forum apparently)I will use a word I've been called derogatorily however I want. The match up is indeed 7-3(not because of the lasers, we can discuss the reasons behind this I you like), and constant lasers are annoying tactic that takes time and patience to defeat, a tactic tha makes many people very frustrated or angry(like a taunt does, something that might get you hit if your from the "arcade era").

I'm a 21 year old man. I know how to treat other human beings. I would(and will)do this at any local/casual/MM when I feel justified and I will look my opponent straight I the eyes and hope he gets more flustered for the next match(in a high stakes match literally as I speak, totes guna do it). I dare any man on this earth to get violent with me over a video game. That's asking for an ass whipping, and an assault charge.

My go to "I didn't respect anything about this round" swagger is Defense Trait as a finisher on an opponent that doesn't have clash. Taste that swamp water.

First good sir, as a man who has homosexual intercourse(since we have to speak with innocence in a fighting game forum apparently)I will use a word I've been called derogatorily however I want. The match up is indeed 7-3(not because of the lasers, we can discuss the reasons behind this I you like), and constant lasers are annoying tactic that takes time and patience to defeat, a tactic tha makes many people very frustrated or angry(like a taunt does, something that might get you hit if your from the "arcade era").

I'm a 21 year old man. I know how to treat other human beings. I would(and will)do this at any local/casual/MM when I feel justified and I will look my opponent straight I the eyes and hope he gets more flustered for the next match(in a high stakes match literally as I speak, totes guna do it). I dare any man on this earth to get violent with me over a video game. That's asking for an ass whipping, and an assault charge.
gotcha so you're the type to goad people into things then call the police when you get stomped.

Minimizing this by saying over a video game is absurd. People get in fights over games all the time. It happens in professional sports as well as casual street ball. Fighting games like it or not illicits the same chemical reaction in the body as an actual sport. your body reacts much the same as it would in a fight. Your adrenaline is pumping you're on edge. Its not an unheard of response to taunting/disrespecting. Recently watched a documentary on netflix about reggie miller and it showed how trash talking/taunting even relatively minor when reviewed out of context managed to push a player known for handling pressure to hit him and get thrown out of the game.

The mature reaction is to respect your opponents. Disrespecting them is just as immature as them hitting/fighting/beating you in response to it.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
gotcha so you're the type to goad people into things then call the police when you get stomped.

Minimizing this by saying over a video game is absurd. People get in fights over games all the time. It happens in professional sports as well as casual street ball. Fighting games like it or not illicits the same chemical reaction in the body as an actual sport. your body reacts much the same as it would in a fight. Your adrenaline is pumping you're on edge. Its not an unheard of response to taunting/disrespecting. Recently watched a documentary on netflix about reggie miller and it showed how trash talking/taunting even relatively minor when reviewed out of context managed to push a player known for handling pressure to hit him and get thrown out of the game.

The mature reaction is to respect your opponents. Disrespecting them is just as immature as them hitting/fighting/beating you in response to it.
So since you have stopped saying your from "the arcade era" now that you know my age its safe to assume you arent as ancient as your views on this world are. If you read the reply without attempting turn what was actually said into an insult you would have understood that in that situation I will defend myself(lay very aggressive hands), then of course call the police once the situations over because some child of a man decided to assault me after I beat him in a video(just to add a criminal charge onto the ass beating btw, I'd like to make sure anyone dumb enough to do something like that is punished to the fullest extent so they learn from their idiotic mistake).

By your line of logic your saying that human beings cant control themselves and are slaves to their emotion/instincts. You are saying that every murderer is uncontrollably compelled to kill and every rapist is uncontrollably compelled to violate unwilling participants. Its idiotic. If you ever lose your cool and get(key word coming up)VIOLENT over a game or sport or competition involving those, you deserve the ass beating and the assault charge you are going to get. How are you talking about maturity when your trying to permit a psychical altercation over a game that in most cases mean nothing and will have zero effect on either players lives.

Now if you are from the "arcade era" then you should be very familiar with taunts and other disrespectful things in fighting games. Even if you do not use them, would you say that fighting an opponent without using your full ability is disrespectful to the opponent who has put many hour in practice mode learning combos and mix ups and punishes? Now would you consider a barrage of air/ground lazers the peak of supermans ability, or just a semi reliable tactic that can be used quite safely as long as he has meter? Now if you take the lasers as what they are, its could be seen as both disrespectful and a great tactic. On the same front a taunt can be seen as disrespectful or a great tactic. This taunt in general has its strategic value laid out right there for you to read, but you completely ignored the write up I did just to bitch about how taunting players is meeeeeeeean. Then you opened your large mouth again without thinking going completely off topic to call me homophobic with out knowing a damn thing about me. You are a visibly unintelligent person with a pompous idea on how fighting games should played, and this conversation is literally making me stupid having to explain the same things to you while you dissuade from the topic at hand.