What's new

Breakthrough Green Lantern Top 3?

HE'S NOT TOP 3 PEOPLE...IT'S JUST A TITLE.

Here's something dribirut came up with that does make GL's pressure a lot better than it was. It reminds me of Cage's EX fireball pressure in MK9.

Against characters with a "high crouch" Lantern can use B13 OR MB to force them to stand in a jailed state leaving Lantern at +18. Lantern's opponent then must respect a follow up B1 and if as long as Lantern has meter he can do this to infinity.

Now against characters with lower crouches Lantern can still jail them, but only after a B13 CRP (Close Rocket Power) then follow that up with a B1 OR MB jailing them.

To conserve meter GL can use the B13 CRP into B1 OR MB against anybody so it isn't specific to only the lower crouching characters.

Here's a list of characters that Lantern must use B13 CRP first on:
Batman
Nightwing (Staff stance)
Catwoman
Killer Frost
Flash
Zatanna
Aquaman
Raven
Batgirl
Shazam
Hawkgirl
Harley
Ares
Sinestro

Discuss

Orochi
G4S KT Smith
Denzell
AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
THTB
Qwark28

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
+18 does not mean much if you can't straight up 50/50 them after it, I recall OR MB having decent enough pushback for F3 not to connect right after.

Even with that he would still not be top 3, that spot is reserved for very fucked up characters.

edit: would also be a waste of meter in matchups where he needs to get in since he will trade bars if pushblock occurs.

+18 does not mean much if you can't straight up 50/50 them after it, I recall OR MB having decent enough pushback for F3 not to connect right after.

Even with that he would still not be top 3, that spot is reserved for very fucked up characters.

edit: would also be a waste of meter in matchups where he needs to get in since he will trade bars if pushblock occurs.
I don't think it makes him top 3. And as a means to end a match it could be really good.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't think it makes him top 3. And as a means to end a match it could be really good.
You should do what I do with every situation I see Joker being decently + in

see if you can get an unantiairable jump in or any other kind of mixup other than the guaranteed shit.

JDM

Noob
B1,3 CRP sucks though, no one should be getting hit by that anymore. so he can't do this on like, half the characters in the game. Lantern is solid but in no way top 3. His movement is too bad.

B1,3 CRP sucks though, no one should be getting hit by that anymore. so he can't do this on like, half the characters in the game. Lantern is solid but in no way top 3. His movement is too bad.
I don't think it makes him top 3....

And yeah I know B13 CRP is a gimmick anyone can get out of but it still works.

JDM

Noob
I didn't imply you thought he was top three, just saying. I'm thinking of dropping him actually, probably for Martian Manhunter. Is it confirmed yet that they are done with patches? Cause if so, there's a few characters that I intend to use just for tier whoring purposes, since I'm pretty bored with the game currently.

And honestly, against most people in my community I do b13 CRP maybe once in a set. It's way too risky to use now. I mean, sure it works on bad players but a lot of things do, lol.

I didn't imply you thought he was top three, just saying. I'm thinking of dropping him actually, probably for Martian Manhunter. Is it confirmed yet that they are done with patches? Cause if so, there's a few characters that I intend to use just for tier whoring purposes, since I'm pretty bored with the game currently.

And honestly, against most people in my community I do b13 CRP maybe once in a set. It's way too risky to use now. I mean, sure it works on bad players but a lot of things do, lol.
I have yet had CRP punished. No I'm not cavalier with it either but mixed with B13 MG it works.

JDM

Noob
Are you for real? CORN alucarD LITERALLY punishes me every single time. I can't throw it out once against him, and he uses Ares who's dash is pretty bad.

No joke, I cannot use it one time against him.

If he needs meter, he can't do it "to infinity."

This post is contradictory to the title of the thread.
Just as IF Cage had the meter he can his to infinity and just like Kenshi, IF he had meter he can his F3 2 EX Shoulder Charge to infinity. Of course it's not infinity....

And it's not contradictory of the title. "Green Lanter Top 3 (?)"

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
He's not top 3 not because of the b1 pressure shenanigans. If he where to be top 3 there would be more to it then just that.

JDM

Noob
Then just change your playstyle. Sounds like he's played you enough to know what you're going to do.
It's reactions dude, it's not hard to react to b13 CRP. That's why I said I stopped using it, I had to change my playstyle up.

I still rarely throw it in there against people who aren't as good as Alucard, but it's honestly just not worth the risk anymore. If they block it, you get decent pressure.. but if they know what to do you get fully punished. the risk/reward is heavily skewed towards risk.

To each his own then. I'm just posting some findings. I'm not a tournament player, I can't afford to go. So I post tech that either I or someone else finds. Whoever that can go to tournaments and manage to use this to help them win a match then that's good news to me. If they choose not to use it, that's fine. I only believe in posting finds to help evolve the game.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
This is a good tool to have on specific matchups but nothing groundbreaking. What would make GL top 3 is f2 becoming a mid and/or a better dash, both which at this point I don't think will happen, he's still a really solid character and no doubt top 10.

This is a good tool to have on specific matchups but nothing groundbreaking. What would make GL top 3 is f2 becoming a mid and/or a better dash, both which at this point I don't think will happen, he's still a really solid character and no doubt top 10.
I think it all depends on when and how it's used.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Top 3? No. This won't really make his tougher matchups that much easier to play through, though MB oa in general is an INSANE projectile due to oa's general speed and the properties of the MB. It gives him a really, really useful tool in the projectile war, and if you stay aware enough, you're getting a space control option that you can convert into some pretty solid damage.

I feel like if anything that will really boost how well certain matchups play now, it's MB oa being abused in general space control, and in GL's strong spot.

JDM

Noob
agreed, he'd definitely be top 3 if he had good movement.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
agreed, he'd definitely be top 3 if he had good movement.
In all honesty, it would be a godsend, but GL is so solid as it is, it's something I've come to particularly ignore now. It is the reason behind his harder matchups, but meh, w/e. The character is more than capable of competing, for starters, and a few of the characters are so uncommon in tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if I can count how many times I'd run into them in tournament.