What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Lantern, this character is just....

so what if it costs meter...meter gain in this game is really fast and for whatever reason, you gain more meter when you take damage than when you giveth
In the second round meter management and unclashable damage is everything.

As for baited gunshots, dont forget that lift range is also tantrum stance range. Dont constantly do the same thing. The matchup is in his favor, my argument is that its not absolutely lopsided

Seriously once you get passed his optimal range, which near the end of air rocket, hes not scary.

one main problem im not sure about right now is his back 1 string into overhead or launcher

you can interrupt overhead after sweep with d1 but how are you suppose to know it will not be a launcher. d1 does not interrupt that string, is it punishable?

no jumping allowed on this character lol, MB cupcakes blows up air turbine though

also i feel like once this characters gets a health lead even when fight is at full screen, its just an uphill battle. once you start approaching you just get grabbed, that move is so brainless lol

i dont know maybe i have had enough of lanterns bs lol, any tips/match videos?
B12 has a huge gap in it. If you're quick enough (or just used to it enough) on reaction you should be able to see the difference. Like what WayoftheFist said both can be backdashed out of. Only thing is MG can punish that and it's not an unusual thing for us GL players to throw out B1 MG to see how you react to B1. B1 LM is very risky. I don't recommend this, but it COULD work if the person fighting GL is expecting a 2 or 3 after B1 and is slow react. (LM is -27 on block).

GL isn't as "cheap" or "brain-dead" as some people think. It can be rough when a player knows how to fight against GL.

You can bait the bait with a JI2. Seriously at this point its mind games. He cant lift you on reaction to a jump bcuz jump guns beat it. You cant jump guns bcuz lift punishes. It sounds even to me

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
But it's heavily in his favour lol, 4% from gunshots or 30%+ combo off ex lift into a 50/50.

B12 has a huge gap in it. If you're quick enough (or just used to it enough) on reaction you should be able to see the difference. Like what WayoftheFist said both can be backdashed out of. Only thing is MG can punish that and it's not an unusual thing for us GL players to throw out B1 MG to see how you react to B1. B1 LM is very risky. I don't recommend this, but it COULD work if the person fighting GL is expecting a 2 or 3 after B1 and is slow react. (LM is -27 on block).

GL isn't as "cheap" or "brain-dead" as some people think. It can be rough when a player knows how to fight against GL.
Thank you. Just need to know the matchup and engage him correctly. Its in his favor but this aint no 9-1. Up close block him like you block harley... Low and react to overhead. He's my 2nd(was first in week 1-2) and i know what its like for him against a good harley. His gattling gun is the killer, not the lift.

But it's heavily in his favour lol, 4% from gunshots or 30%+ combo off ex lift into a 50/50.
Your low (tantrum stance) is as scary for him as his lift is to you, and that leads into 32-40% with a standing reset option.

Also wakeup TS beats all of his oki options except the minigun

I keep sayin this, minigun is what beats harley out of all his tools

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
But she can't do TS in the air? Not sure how you're applying that in this situation.

Wakeup TS goes under his f+3 but he still can punish all options afterwards with lift or b1.

Either youre going to JI2, jump gun, or TS. How is he supposed to know? He cant punish TS. He cant punish JI2 if hes looking jump guns. Harley has options GL is not almighty or something

If your TS goes under an f3 you have over 30 frames before a lift or b1 comes out

*edit
Idk what else u want man. GL is a losing matchup, all im saying is its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Harleys mobility and unpredictability in the right hands makes the matchup 6-4 imo, 7-3 at WORST. Most people just get eaten up by rockets and max range lifts all day

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I've played this matchup extensively and I feel it's really hard for Harley, she can't deal with air missile well, she doesn't have enough time to fire off gun shots and block as the missile comes down to knock GL down so the trades in fireball game is pretty bad. You're going to trade a lot and it's not going to be in your favour. Missile is too fast to try and counter him with cupcakes/pop pop. One way of dealing with air missile is doing TS and then TS~3 to catch him doing an air missile then SS in to close gap. You can also try b+3/f+3 MB if you're a bit closer.

Your main objective is to try and corner GL and keep him there, he'll push himself back by doing air missile. You can punish his lift move with tantrum stance (dropkick) into 1 within it's range, and b2,2 when you're closer.

His normals are better than hers, b1,3 is insane and he can linger outside Harley's b2,2 and whiff punish with it, Harley also can't jump in on him as his lift is a really good AA which can go into a combo. His gatling gun tears through her b3 MB armour so you have to be wary throwing this out as a poke.

b1,3 is safe on block, he's like -4 so you can initiate your pressure on him (it's a really stupid move though), you can super through both gaps, b1,3 and b1,2 but you cannot interrupt with a d1.

Watch out for his overhead when he is upclose, it's like 18f (?) but it has little range so it's a thing you should be looking out if he's up close, he's going to mix it up with f+3 or b1,3 for a high/low.

This matchup I feel is like 7-3 for GL, because Harley can't keep up with him in the fireball war so she needs to go in and even then, her upclose game is pretty bad. One saving grace for Harley in this matchup is that GL can't punish Harleys TS~1 due to no 6f normals.
I have fallen into the air missile trap myself.. And if the GL resorts to doing that.. You have done something VERY wrong in the earlier part of the match (ie: get hit with early lanterns might combo, or not duck his standing missile properly in a zoning war). If he has nothing to do but Jumping Missile it is already an up hill battle since he knows he has a life lead and there is nothing you can "safely" do to punish it. Where you want GL is full screen, with a lifelead.. Cupcakes, Pop Pop and standing guns kill ALL his advances and his pseudo slide kick low and lanterns might as well as Gatling gun are rendered useless. A GL that NEEDS to win and needs to win NOW will not be doing air missiles.