What's new

General/Other Green Lantern takes TBF12 over Superman

Last night I took Texas Bar Fights 12 over MyGod's Superman, and I'm not gonna lie I was a little drunk. GL vs Superman is really not that bad of a match-up if anyone still thinks so. I had to play Supermans all day and even some scrub Scorpions. I went all the way up through winners into grands with my second-rate GL.

1st - OFIDYAN
2nd - c88MyGod
3rd - Zilent
4th - UCC Jhin
5th - STB BeefSupreme

Here is the archive stream
http://www.twitch.tv/mattiikus_gaming/b/423694481

Brandon Fisher

The Based Guru
I play GL as my main now, and I believe he has a strong matchup vs the whole cast, as long as you play safe, and punish. And congrats are you going to UCC 2013 in August?

I play GL as my main now, and I believe he has a strong matchup vs the whole cast, as long as you play safe, and punish. And congrats are you going to UCC 2013 in August?
I'm not sure if I'll be in Texas in August, I should be in New York by then if my job stuff works out. I bet UCC 2013 would be a lot of fun and I would love to go if I can.

For anyone who doesn't wanna skim through the stream here are the Grand Finals:

I've experimented a lot since then, and I'm going to make a video to hopefully help any GL's that are able to make it to EVO this weekend.

Very true.. you need Superman to be reckless, but that's the case with a lot of match-ups with GL.
Superman players will play reckless most of the time hoping to get that f23 out and you just have to make them whiff and understand how to deal with their zoning pressure. I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm not gonna throw numbers around either.

DJT knows if he would've converted more off of those b1's instead of just going for b12 that would've been a lot closer at Evo. Plus you gotta go with different mix-ups out of MB Lantern's Might.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
Very true.. you need Superman to be reckless, but that's the case with a lot of match-ups with GL.
Superman players will play reckless most of the time hoping to get that f23 out and you just have to make them whiff and understand how to deal with their zoning pressure. I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm not gonna throw numbers around either.

DJT knows if he would've converted more off of those b1's instead of just going for b12 that would've been a lot closer at Evo. Plus you gotta go with different mix-ups out of MB Lantern's Might.
I felt his GL wasn't properly optimised throughout all of his matches. There's so much more damage potential through a plethora of different setups. He's just an amazing player and that got him all the way to the grand finals. He definitely would've had a much better chance if he had ways to dish out more pain. If he keeps playing GL the way he currently is and updates his BnBs he's a strong contender for the trophy next year in my opinion, probably the strongest.