What's new

Question Green Lantern Mix-ups

Passtherock

Frame connoisseur
I'd like to hear everyone's mixup game with GL. I do the typical bounce to dash under 50/50, however I want to know what everyone else is running with.

-Thanks!

Marvaz

come at me
I'd like to hear everyone's mixup game with GL. I do the typical bounce to dash under 50/50, however I want to know what everyone else is running with.

-Thanks!
Thats not a mixup, the opponent can simply just back dash. And i believe theres already 2 other threads with this topic.

SyXX

Yolo is Power
This is what works well for me.

On Knockdowns
First, after ending any combo with LM, it is the perfect spacing for a meaty jump-in 3. This timed right will stuff 99% of wake-up attacks. After this knockdown, you can approach for a B13/F3 50/50. If you make the read that they will try to wake-up, you can block/punish or go for the MB F3.

Next aspect of this, is if they start blocking standing on your jump in you have a few options to mix them up. First they will usually walk back immediately after blocking the B3 to get out of range of another mix-up. This pretty much leaves them free to B13 because of the advantage.

The final option after you have conditioned them to not wake up, is to forgo the jump and just dash in and 50/50 them as they get up. Against characters that have poor wake-up game anyway, this can be devastating. Think of it like Scorpions vortex only with advantage if they guess right on F3 and you can hitconfirm b13 into MB MG to make it safe.

Also worth noting, F3 can go over some chars fast advancing wakeups if you dash in leaving you free to LM punish (ie Killer Frost)

EDIT: Be careful against Doomsday. Wake up air grab WILL beat you out (6-frame startup)

223~MG
This one is easy. Mix up between 223~MG and 223,223. If you find them blocking your 223 pressure, hit confirm that shit into MG. I have never been punished for this online but it may be punishable offline by those with fast advancing specials. The frame data for these multi-hit things are a little shaky right now. It seems safe with the pushback but not in the corner. I honestly don't know. For those that can punish this, you may need to make it a MB MG to get them to respect it. This opens you up for 223,223. From there it's any variation thereof.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
This is what works well for me.

On Knockdowns
First, after ending any combo with LM, it is the perfect spacing for a meaty jump-in 3. This timed right will stuff 99% of wake-up attacks. After this knockdown, you can approach for a B13/F3 50/50. If you make the read that they will try to wake-up, you can block/punish or go for the MB F3.

Next aspect of this, is if they start blocking standing on your jump in you have a few options to mix them up. First they will usually walk back immediately after blocking the B3 to get out of range of another mix-up. This pretty much leaves them free to B13 because of the advantage.

The final option after you have conditioned them to not wake up, is to forgo the jump and just dash in and 50/50 them as they get up. Against characters that have poor wake-up game anyway, this can be devastating. Think of it like Scorpions vortex only with advantage if they guess right on F3 and you can hitconfirm b13 into MB MG to make it safe.

Also worth noting, F3 can go over some chars fast advancing wakeups if you dash in leaving you free to LM punish (ie Killer Frost)

EDIT: Be careful against Doomsday. Wake up air grab WILL beat you out (6-frame startup)

223~MG
This one is easy. Mix up between 223~MG and 223,223. If you find them blocking your 223 pressure, hit confirm that shit into MG. I have never been punished for this online but it may be punishable offline by those with fast advancing specials. The frame data for these multi-hit things are a little shaky right now. It seems safe with the pushback but not in the corner. I honestly don't know. For those that can punish this, you may need to make it a MB MG to get them to respect it. This opens you up for 223,223. From there it's any variation thereof.
Flash can check you if he sweeps after you use mini gun, I know this from personal experience. That and 223 is negative 9 so doing it twice in a row will really only work against someone who doesnt know that, I'm trying to figure out a consistent way to keep pressure but have had only moderate success. after 223 I'm thinking of a j3 but im not sure how that will work. I know after f2d13 GL is +1 and at perfect distance for a crossover attempt, he is also at cross over attempt range after 22, however again if the opponent knows this or is just plain mashy then they will poke out. So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears, that and is there a good way stop mashers?

Gizmo235

Noob
after a LM I do a jumping in 3 into b1,3. If the jumping 3 is blocked you have a chance to hit on the b1 if they dont block low fast enough, and if it hits, the b1,3 will connect anyway leading into a full combo.

after a LM I do a jumping in 3 into b1,3. If the jumping 3 is blocked you have a chance to hit on the b1 if they dont block low fast enough, and if it hits, the b1,3 will connect anyway leading into a full combo.
Be super careful will this, good players will blow this up, there is a quite large gap between the b1 and the 3 on block and this is a standard blockstring against a Lantern (block low then block mid/high).

Gizmo235

Noob
Be super careful will this, good players will blow this up, there is a quite large gap between the b1 and the 3 on block and this is a standard blockstring against a Lantern (block low then block mid/high).
They have to block high then low, and if you think they are going to block low, go from j3 into f3 and there's another combo for you.

Not sure if its been said, but finishing any combo with 223 turbine or 123turbine puts you in the perfect position for a 5 option mix up been doing it all day online, and people are already stealing it as well as my 52% 2m combo so might as well make it more well known. You can b1 or f2 d1 or f3 or grab or jump 3 with advantage. And the other four options lead to full combos. Also double slide kick on block gets even pros confused just be tricky and space zoning time with close quarters combat.

What is a double slide kick?
Everyone blocks low then high expecting to get hit by b13 or even b12, but just doing b1 and not doing the second hit leaves you severely negative but throws off there anticipation and by the time they realize they can punish you and start to, you already recovered in time to beat their punish with another slide kick. its about messing with the opponent's timing then you can start throwing them off more with dash in grabs and even dash in ex f3 or dash in slide kick. Do something so idiotic that it works basically especially when you play someone with a lot of lantern experience. You have to get a hit to establish your wall of resets.