What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern 50% 1 Bar Setup/Gimmick - Possibly a Safe 50/50?

After an EX Lift you can dash through the opponent and get a free blockstring or possibly launch them again for a full combo. I was thinking that maybe it is possible to somehow make this a true 50/50 mixup with the advantage of back to block?

Edit: I just realized that you can simply duck so there wont be any guessing game after the EX Lift.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
So does b+1,3. F+3 to check them with the overhead. It's more effective to make the opponent guess.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Does this have to do with the gravity system so the MB LM must be done later in the combo? (which is what you should usually do anyways)

After an EX Lift you can dash through the opponent and get a free blockstring or possibly launch them again for a full combo. I was thinking that maybe it is possible to somehow make this a true 50/50 mixup with the advantage of back to block?

Edit: I just realized that you can simply duck so there wont be any guessing game after the EX Lift.
I agree with Ca$hFlagg

Alot of his string are either punishable on block or has gaps. 223 is his best and its still only safe. Best to use either F3 or B1.

Marvaz

come at me

2,2 hits mid, so it is a guessing game. Been messing with this since release but i did not know you could use that block break thing, so its ok to use here and there. f2d1 is a lot harder to time and basically any combo starter can reset the opponent after a ex lift but i wouldnt use it unless it were in a 2 bar combo. Not worth it to drop all the damage off 1 mb combo.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
f3 wont work your left too far from opponent to do this. B1 works though but the guessing game would be over unless you b1,ffblock,(orbbblock)
Wha? Of course it will! dash after meter burn lift. It puts you point blank in front or behind based on timing. Its been my fav mixup. Start grabbing them on it to make it even "freeer" dmg.

there is no guessing game off 223. It hits mid, so what?

Low/overhead for maximum effectiveness.

Marvaz

come at me
Wha? Of course it will! dash after meter burn lift. It puts you point blank in front or behind based on timing. Its been my fav mixup. Start grabbing them on it to make it even "freeer" dmg.

there is no guessing game off 223. It hits mid, so what?

Low/overhead for maximum effectiveness.
Dude, the f3/b1 mixup after a mb lift is not what this is about. We are talking about a standing reset on a opponent after a mb lift here, and what is guaranteed.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Dude, the f3/b1 mixup after a mb lift is not what this is about. We are talking about a standing reset on a opponent after a mb lift here, and what is guaranteed.
huh?

you can do exactly what's shown in the video and instead of 223 do b1 or f3 and they both otg.

Regardless, the training dummy can wake up attack out of this but I imagine actually doing that would be extremely hard even if you knew it was coming.

Marvaz

come at me
huh?

you can do exactly what's shown in the video and instead of 223 do b1 or f3 and they both otg.

Regardless, the training dummy can wake up attack out of this but I imagine actually doing that would be extremely hard even if you knew it was coming.
... il make a video soon with what im talking about :)

VOR

Noob
Where have I been this whole time? This character is for me. Marvaz I ran into your GL in random ranked on psn. I had no idea a gl vortex existed. Are you using this or something different now? I saw a few things, but it caught me off guard. Sorry for I guess being out of the loop but gl is way cooler than i thought.

Marvaz

come at me
Where have I been this whole time? This character is for me. Marvaz I ran into your GL in random ranked on psn. I had no idea a gl vortex existed. Are you using this or something different now? I saw a few things, but it caught me off guard. Sorry for I guess being out of the loop but gl is way cooler than i thought.
Dont remember plsying you?? but yes, i try to at least lol. online the timing is different so its hard to do. Im more working on frame traps now though, and also working on my batman.

VOR

Noob
Dont remember plsying you?? but yes, i try to at least lol. online the timing is different so its hard to do. Im more working on frame traps now though, and also working on my batman.
I have a diff name on my psn account and we just played twice. Coincidentally. i was using GL for the first time last night too, but it was cool to see a few who had put more time into him. If someone had a better record, I just played Blac Adam since i know him more, more of a warmup night for GL. You beat my Black Adam twice, pretty hard at first, but I did better towards the end of the matches. So what you are doing is not what's in the video, and requires a really fast dash I think? Your dropped part of it, but I saw what you were going for. Not asking you to spill the beans though.

Kidy3k

Noob
I tried this strategy online koth matches and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2