What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern 1vs1 Online Matches

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Newest Video Added 6/2/2013

I'll be posting videos of my online matches/ranked matches here, should have up to 30 minutes of pure fights every week, music videos with combos and other goodies with my main character Yellow Lantern.

Ranked Matches Volume 3

Ranked Matches Volume 2

Ranked Matches Volume 1

My first Video with Green Lantern

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
You seemed to handle those randoms well. I didn't see much advanced gameplay but hey, you didn't need it.

Your playstyle works against most randoms but I can see you struggling against ppl that can block. That's where you will need some setups. The mb lift setup is beginner friendly. Also I have found that his D+1 of hit creates this nice 50/50. If you think they will push buttons, go for B+1. If you think they are thinking B+1, rock the F+3! Even if blocked you are at advantage to B+1 them. Get creative!

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Thank you for the tips :) still mastering all the moves but I've been using more overheads now trying to guess what I think they won't block. I also learned that when using the special that makes green lanterns attack do more damage in the combo you don't need to bounce them so I'm incorporating that way more now just gotta learn more advanced tactics. I'll be uploading some ranked gameplay with more skilled players, those are the best videos I think.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Video of some ranked matches against some better skilled people, This one is done fast but next volume I upload should have some great matches.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Hey guys, don't miss out to check on my newest gameplay video, Ranked Matches volume 2

My newest video of ranked matches in Injustice, this time I separate them in four segments for your interest, Close matches are matches vs good skilled people, matches vs zoners are self explanatory. Pure Ownage are fast matches where I win with over 50% of my second health bar, and the Hall of shame are matches with those who quit during the match.

Though my skill online has def improved and im winning over half my ranked matches now it could always use improvements, thankfully the last video helps me improve on to the next. You will notice that contrary to my other videos I start playing a bit more defensive and smart rather than try to land combos all the time. Slow and steady wins the race.

No offense to any of the players on this video, deep respect for you.

Enjoy :)

Close Matches at 00:12
Matches vs Zoners at 21:11
Pure Ownage at 30:58
The Hall of Shame (Ragequitters) at 36:44

P.S. how do I add Spoilers to the forum? will help narrow down the videos in the future.

chores

bad at things
Awesome matches. One question: Why do you use LMMB b3 ji2 B23 LM? LMMB b3 ji3 223 LM is more damage right? Also, for funsies, against people that cant block sometimes I do LMMB b3 ji3 223 bf3 into a "crossup" b13 t LM

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
It shouldn't be more damage but I don't remember right now and can't test it. I noticed that the game reduces damage for repetitive moves during a combo, either that or it reduces damage the longer the combo.. It could be because the initial plan is to follow with OA's rocket after the B23 and MB for more damage but with the delay online I've had some trouble pulling it off or I feel like saving the meter burn.

Edit: Now that I tested you are right it does more damage if using only one bar, the reason why I was doing that string was to try to get the OAs rocket with meterburn which would bounce them back then 223 LM which does 40% damage, not bad for starting with a lift but a little hard to pull off online with the delay. So I guess doing LMMB b3 ji3 22 OAMB 223 LM is the better option.

Longer the combo it reduces it. Start of combos b23 is better, for that particular combo 223 is better though. And cross up into a mixup is almost always better

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
This video was done in 1 day's matches so I gathered the best matches I could, next I upload should be full of all sort of great matches. I haven't optimized some of my combos so yes I realize that however, with online delay I like doing simple yet effective stuff so I know I won't drop the combo.

Regular fights @ 0:00
Vs Zoners @ 22:22
Quitters @ 32:01
Zoning with Lantern @ 35:35