What's new

Tech Green Arrow's Pressure Options

ando1184

Noob
After d1 xx Savage blast on hit you can do a super, it's escapable but it'll hit most of the people who don't know the MU.

You said this on front page, can we go ahead and say the same for d1, fire arrow on hit since it's the same hit animation?

jonogunn

Noob

Skip to 7:30 for a reset that works most of the time and allows you to have an ice arrow stocked for the super follow up.

This super reset can be avoided b some characters like batgirls teleport. I've also had a deathstroke wake up super out of it.

I also the 111 xx super fail against superman who can do his own super to avoid it.

ando1184

Noob

Skip to 7:30 for a reset that works most of the time and allows you to have an ice arrow stocked for the super follow up.

This super reset can be avoided b some characters like batgirls teleport. I've also had a deathstroke wake up super out of it.

I also the 111 xx super fail against superman who can do his own super to avoid it.
Im pretty sure almost all characters with an invincible wake up can avoid this setup

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Im pretty sure almost all characters with an invincible wake up can avoid this setup

I have a similar set up that doesn't allow for wakeups. I've had a lot of success with it, so I'm pretty sure that it works. Basically it's F2D13 xx ice arrow, stock ice arrow as fast as possible, super as fast as possible. I catch a lot of people in it, so I'm not sure if it is back dashable or not. Afterwards you do the standard super combo into 11 xx ice arrow, load another ice arrow, then do a 50/50, and if they guess wrong, you get another full combo, so it's a double reset combo.

ando1184

Noob
I have a similar set up that doesn't allow for wakeups. I've had a lot of success with it, so I'm pretty sure that it works. Basically it's F2D13 xx ice arrow, stock ice arrow as fast as possible, super as fast as possible. I catch a lot of people in it, so I'm not sure if it is back dashable or not. Afterwards you do the standard super combo into 11 xx ice arrow, load another ice arrow, then do a 50/50, and if they guess wrong, you get another full combo, so it's a double reset combo.
I'll test and see.

jonogunn

Noob
Ya that's similar to what I did in my video with the ice arrow and the 50/50 mix up after.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015

111 xx super can be escaped by most of the cast.
d2 xx load arrow can be waked up by everyone, you need to do it at a very specific time to not fail. And following up after that you should go for unclashable stuff (b3 to f3 reset into pressure), that Doomsday was really bad lol.

And dude, I don't want to be mean but that video was painful to watch.

ando1184

Noob
OK, tested it and like Cossner said it can be wake up'd by everyone. The opponent can also tech roll and wake up and it will miss too. The only reason a freeze, load arrow, super works is because the opponent is left standing and recovering on foot. This vid the opponent was OTG and super doesn't ever or will ever OTG since they put in that wake up attack fix.

RM Truth

OK, tested it and like Cossner said it can be wake up'd by everyone. The opponent can also tech roll and wake up and it will miss too. The only reason a freeze, load arrow, super works is because the opponent is left standing and recovering on foot. This vid the opponent was OTG and super doesn't ever or will ever OTG since they put in that wake up attack fix.

So are you saying my tech does or does not work then?

ando1184

Noob
So are you saying my tech does or does not work then?
If your tech involves a knock down, probably not. I mean sometimes I get by with d1 savage blast or d1 fire arrow into super but thats only on occasion and if I notice the opponent isnt doing Wake up attacks. Most of the time I do those setups is in the corner also but super can "EASILY" be avoided that way. The best setups for Super is Ice arrow, reload Super, 111 Super, on hit f2d13 super, or on block in corner b1,3 super. GA's super can be escaped with a well timed backdash or well timed super during these setups but it's really tough and these are the most viable setups. I would also add 33 super on block but I never use it because it is "EXTREMELY EASY" to backdash, its rediculous. Hope this helps clear up some things truth.

RM Truth

There's no knockdown. When you hit the ice arrow, you have enough time to reload another one and do the super. It connects as they are getting unfrozen and resets. The thing is that I don't know if they can backdash it or not. More than likely they can, but I haven't seen anyone do it against me yet unless I screw up with reloading the arrow. The reason I like this set up is that after the b3, you can do JI3, 11 xx ice arrow, load another arrow and then have time to do a 50/50. In total if you get the 50/50 afterwards, the damage amounts to about 70ish %(maybe more I think) anywhere on screen.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
There's no knockdown. When you hit the ice arrow, you have enough time to reload another one and do the super. It connects as they are getting unfrozen and resets. The thing is that I don't know if they can backdash it or not. More than likely they can, but I haven't seen anyone do it against me yet unless I screw up with reloading the arrow. The reason I like this set up is that after the b3, you can do JI3, 11 xx ice arrow, load another arrow and then have time to do a 50/50. In total if you get the 50/50 afterwards, the damage amounts to about 70ish %(maybe more I think) anywhere on screen.
It's backdashable. There was a combo video in the living combo thread using it back in may, and I think the final veredict was that it worked against people who didn't know the match up, or that you could condition them, make them backdash and delay the super a little bit for it to work ( of course, they can jump forward and it becomes a guessing game), but it's not guaranteed.

ando1184

Noob
Your tech is viable, don't worry. All his super set ups "on hit" into super or naked super are backdashable. The only guaranteed super setups are after combo strings like 113 super and f2d13 super, and that's because they're combo'd into

RM Truth

I think at the end of the day, it's like backdashing an interactable. You can do it, but even if you know it's coming, it's hard to time even for high level players. As far as this one goes, I think this could be his most viable on hit super reset for the sheer potential damage you can get anywhere on screen, but that's just my opinion.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I think at the end of the day, it's like backdashing an interactable. You can do it, but even if you know it's coming, it's hard to time even for high level players. As far as this one goes, I think this could be his most viable on hit super reset for the sheer potential damage you can get anywhere on screen, but that's just my opinion.
You're better off doing this after a freeze: b2 xx arrow -> b13 xx Super. To avoid it they need to get hit by the 3. If they let go and get hit by the b1 you can hit-confirm it. If they're expecting the b13 and getting hit on purpose (since you have 4 bars and they know), go for f2d13 xx super. All those options are safe and more reliable than the frozen, load arrow, super, since it requires a special timing (you have to do the load arrow right when they freeze, if you mash it, you'll get load arrow xx 4, if you do it too early it won't work, if you do it to late they can even jump out of the super). Or just super, because lol why not.

RM Truth

You're better off doing this after a freeze: b2 xx arrow -> b13 xx Super. To avoid it they need to get hit by the 3. If they let go and get hit by the b1 you can hit-confirm it. If they're expecting the b13 and getting hit on purpose (since you have 4 bars and they know), go for f2d13 xx super. All those options are safe and more reliable than the frozen, load arrow, super, since it requires a special timing (you have to do the load arrow right when they freeze, if you mash it, you'll get load arrow xx 4, if you do it too early it won't work, if you do it to late they can even jump out of the super). Or just super, because lol why not.

The fly tech is really good, but its corner only. This works anywhere, and while the timing is annoying(I mess it up sometimes too), I think it is worth learning. Not trying to say that this is THE tech, but it is my preferred one to use midscreen. That being said, in the corner the one you listed is definitely superior. You even have enough advantage to do F3 without interruption off of an arrow.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
The fly tech is really good, but its corner only. This works anywhere, and while the timing is annoying(I mess it up sometimes too), I think it is worth learning. Not trying to say that this is THE tech, but it is my preferred one to use midscreen. That being said, in the corner the one you listed is definitely superior. You even have enough advantage to do F3 without interruption off of an arrow.
I'm not talking about LoTF's tech. Lol I don't even know what you're referring to lolol. This works anywhere.

RM Truth

B1,3 xx Super only works in the corner I thought.

EDIT: If you're referring to doing it mid screen for a non guaranteed set-up then, I still stand by my statement. I'd rather go with the option that nets me the most damage for the same risk.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
B1,3 xx Super only works in the corner I thought.

EDIT: If you're referring to doing it mid screen for a non guaranteed set-up then, I still stand by my statement. I'd rather go with the option that nets me the most damage for the same risk.
B13 xx super works anywhere. How is doing a guaranteed on block super not guaranteed? Sure it can be escaped of if they get hit, but then you can hit confirm it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
B13 xx super works anywhere. How is doing a guaranteed on block super not guaranteed? Sure it can be escaped of if they get hit, but then you can hit confirm it.

It's not guaranteed. It's backdashable...

Of kourse many people don't have the timing down when there's bigger fish to fry...