What's new

General/Other Green Arrow's one change from the 5/20 update

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It might be with lag....really if it wasn't a big deal then.....why would it be an issue now?
it pushes you out after you do it that many times. Infinite by the word means you could do it forever, so you know, not an infinite.

I just like the string for over head mix up after a freeze since people still like to block low .

But lets just wait and see what the nerf actually is, maybe it's only something like dropping advantage to +10 or something.

Maybe they thought getting a F2D1 string with no way to interupt it after a Blocked B2,3 was to much. not sure what they were thinking, maybe they found something broken that no one else found. who knows.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Anybody try messing with his air down arrows? MB gives you a hard knockdown, I've been trying to get setups off of it. I've mainly been trying to end combos with it because it seems to give you more time to do something than 223.

The character is good but certain characters really give him a hard time IMO. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Superman, Black Adam and Nightwing are the characters that give me a lot of problems. I've been finding little things here and there to deal with them, hopefully it works out.

The thing about GA is his overhead b23 shouldn't even be hitting people really. If anything it should mainly be for the advantage to get the f2d13 string going. People seem to get hit by his overhead all the time but you should always block High then low against GA. I don't see any situation where you shouldn't use that block pattern outside of the occasion jump back ice arrow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Anybody try messing with his air down arrows? MB gives you a hard knockdown, I've been trying to get setups off of it. I've mainly been trying to end combos with it because it seems to give you more time to do something than 223.

The character is good but certain characters really give him a hard time IMO. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Superman, Black Adam and Nightwing are the characters that give me a lot of problems. I've been finding little things here and there to deal with them, hopefully it works out.

The thing about GA is his overhead b23 shouldn't even be hitting people really. If anything it should mainly be for the advantage to get the f2d13 string going. People seem to get hit by his overhead all the time but you should always block High then low against GA. I don't see any situation where you shouldn't use that block pattern.
do you mean the DB1 air version?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
They didn't just nerf the b23 string from +15 to +3 on block, but they nerfed the hit advantage on b2 too. Before the patch you could load an ice arrow from b2 on hit and be able to pressure the opponent before he could jump, but now you can't. Before update you could combo b2 in to super, now you can't.

Yay for stealth nerfs!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
They didn't just nerf the b23 string from +15 to +3 on block, but they nerfed the hit advantage on b2 too. Before the patch you could load an ice arrow from b2 on hit and be able to pressure the opponent before he could jump, but now you can't. Before update you could combo b2 in to super, now you can't.

Yay for stealth nerfs!
They must have hot fixed the frame data because it wasnt changed an hour again, wierd,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Yay for stealth nerfs!
Just checked my old notes and the Hit advantage on B2 has always been 14 frames, and it still is, all the frame data is the same except the B23 string which is now only +3 on block. Sometimes other shit seems different after a patch when it isn't lol.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Just checked my old notes and the Hit advantage on B2 has always been 14 frames, and it still is, all the frame data is the same except the B23 string which is now only +3 on block. Sometimes other shit seems different after a patch when it isn't lol.
Maybe they changed the cancel window? I am almost certain I get less advantage!

The beauty of GA is he doesn't play with meter which means he has a lot of push blocks and MB b3 AA's available to him or poke B3's etc.

Deity

Noob
GA didnt really need it, but its stupid that were losing our dirt and better chars are keeping theirs.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Thing is, it wasn't a block infinite. Did anyone even bother to try it? If you do it twice it could be jumped out of most of the time, and the second hit wouldn't connect. If they only blocked, you could only do it 3 times. So please, stop calling it a block infinite.

The goddamn nerf was a slap in the dick to every GA player, fo sho.
Don't people love getting their dicks slapped? I know I do.

Wtf +3? Why? B23 was like the only real way to safely get a f2 because that shit is terrible on whiff. Why the fuck would they go from +15 to +3? That just doesn't make any sense.
Yea it sucks, apparently pushblocking to stop frametraps only applies to Superman and nightwing, Green Arrows frametraps got ruined because people forgot you can use pushblock on him too. Not only that, we lost the hit advantage on b2, even though the in game frame data says otherwise. When you do this :( freeze Arrow, B2-load arrow) You are no longer at such advantage that you can counter their attack with your 7 frame d1 or standing 1 after they get unfrozen. Now we can't get a safe f2 like you said and loading an arrow safely after that string became riskier

ShenChan

Noob
Reducing this shit to +3/4 (Not sure) isn't even necessary at all. Was expecting +5-7. Wonder what they were thinking.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm fine with the nerf.. It actually leaves us kloser (which is where I like to be) so it was almost a buff Midscreen.

This affords us more options in pressure, it would have been better if we were left kloser though so 22 kould konnect.

Now I'm just hoping they give him a way to punish F23 Breath on read when Supes has trait on.. Everything else I kan work on, but this is just ridiculous.