What's new

General/Other Green Arrow - Television Series w/ Episodes 10/12 & 10/17

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With the DC Universe still being very new to most of the Mortal Kombat community we really don't know too much about some of the characters we're going to be introduced to, especially the lesser known ones like Green "Oliver Queen" Arrow. With this said, some of you may be interested to know that there is a new television series called "Arrow", which is based off of Green Arrow. The premiere of this series was last night but you can catch the "plot" episode and and another episode next Wednesday called "Honor Thy Father".
arrow1.jpg
This series keeps the story very close to the original story of the character Oliver Queen who becomes Green Arrow after basically losing his "life" in a plane crash and not being found for several years. You can check out the extended version of the preview just below. Learn about the character you'll be playing next year in Injustice!

Television series info, here!

ryublaze

Noob
I came back to St. Louis last night and turned on the tv and when I saw this I thought it was Smallville but then I saw the word "Arrow" appear onscreen and was like :eek:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
The character was also on smallville for the last 4 seasons (5??) i think. As a main cast member.

Pretty Kool character overall. Nice arrow gadgets and stuff. Didn't even know they were and did create a show of him on his own. I'm guessing cw feels the character was popular enough from smallville.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Im halfway through Episode 1 which aired last night (missed it but watching at work) and so far its definitely pretty good...

Reedoms

Noob
Gave it a watch earlier. Was surprised that is was good. Reminds me of Grell's run (who they made a reference to) where he's dark/gritty and goes after political corruption and actually kill people. I'll give this a look next time it's on.

LEGEND

YES!
Why did his mom hire thugs to kill Oliver?!
Spoiler?

anyway i don't think the hired thugs were there to kill him. She just wanted to know what his dad told him (probably through means of torture) Which also explains why that one Guy shot two full clips of AK at him without coming close to hitting him

At least thats what i want to believe. . .

gdf

Noob
To touch on some of the MK community's ignorance on DC comic. I am fairly certain I am in a similar age group to most people in the community. Therefore my question is, did no one watch the "Justice League" animated series growing up?

To be honest, I don't even know if the series(Justice League) clearly gave information on the franchises involved, but exposes viewers to much more franchises than Superman and Batman.

Reedoms

Noob
To touch on some of the MK community's ignorance on DC comic. I am fairly certain I am in a similar age group to most people in the community. Therefore my question is, did no one watch the "Justice League" animated series growing up?

To be honest, I don't even know if the series(Justice League) clearly gave information on the franchises involved, but exposes viewers to much more franchises than Superman and Batman.
Justice League was pretty good but JLU is where you wanna go if you want to learn more about the DC Universe. That show was amazing.
Hell, even Batman: Brave and the Bold is good too.

gdf

Noob
Justice League was pretty good but JLU is where you wanna go if you want to learn more about the DC Universe. That show was amazing.
Hell, even Batman: Brave and the Bold is good too.
Well to be clear, when I said Justice League Series I kinda just assumed Unlimited included.

But yeah, I don't know how informative the Justice League cartoon is since I don't read the comics.

Reedoms

Noob
Well to be clear, when I said Justice League Series I kinda just assumed Unlimited included.

But yeah, I don't know how informative the Justice League cartoon is since I don't read the comics.
It's not exactly informative as it is just really faithful to the source material. There's a lot of throwbacks to certain things like Cadmus and Task Force X but really, you don't need any knowledge to jump into the show other than who or what the Justice League is supposed to be.
Some of my favorite books I found out about because I watched JLU. (Question, GA, Seven Soldiers, and Suicide Squad) They throw in a lot of characters instead of just the original 7 and really flesh them out.

Don't they have a Justice League series on right now on Saturday? I was watching it last weekend, Woooo.
Probably thinking of Young Justice. That show's pretty good too. I watch it every Saturday after Green Lantern.

Spoiler?

anyway i don't think the hired thugs were there to kill him. She just wanted to know what his dad told him (probably through means of torture) Which also explains why that one Guy shot two full clips of AK at him without coming close to hitting him

At least thats what i want to believe. . .
In the comics Ollies mom isn't a good person at all she is known as the white queen she is vindictive to say the least she does want to know what was said but she also wants him dead cause if i remember the story line and how it goes. She wants out right control of Queen industries cause i think ollie owns 51% just dosen't know it yet lol. honestly i wish they would have used justin hartley to continue his role but either way i like the dark edgy approch to it and they have already dropped so many easter eggs

ollie was trained one the island all the comics agree but they always change who was the one that did all the teaching so i could see deathstroke taking that place also can't wait to see how deadshot fits in and really hope this show last cause i want to see tommy go evil. Now does everyone remeber speedy actually using in the comic??? in the issue arrow finds out then slaps the shit out of him now seeing that its his sister nad the female archer in the universe is artemis. so they have done a really decent job lineing up story lines with thte comics

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yo, who is watching?
I'm actually liking the cliffhanger in the end of each episode, the turnouts are epics. I will understand that some ppl might hate it, but this serie is really nice.

episode 22 will be airing later on today, can't wait.

gdf

Noob
I'm really liking it so far. The references to the comic universe and the independent (non-comic) villains really are cool.

It shows that they aren't just trying to get fan-service, and make a real series.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oliver has a dragon tatoo on the his left shoudler blade, just like Shado, yun fei's daughter, i got really surprised when he introduced himself has a captain of the bratva mob, and now i think he possibly has connection with the china underworld, since that episode when Moira hired the tríade do Kill the Black Arrow, and then he interrogates them and the guys thinks its a chinese guy who screwed them up lol