What's new

Tech Green arrow reset. No meter...wait what?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I was trying to do this consistently a while back because it was the way I always did his unclashable combos. I would be able to get them to stand right up after the f3 but the timing is really fucking hard to get. I wouldn't call it a reset but it's a great way to fuck up wake ups.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I was trying to do this consistently a while back because it was the way I always did his unclashable combos. I would be able to get them to stand right up after the f3 but the timing is really fucking hard to get. I wouldn't call it a reset but it's a great way to fuck up wake ups.
Well it is a reset; it's a standing reset. The timing is very hard and yeah its not 100% safe because after the reset you can block or wake-up depending on your reflects. As far as the unclashable go, I don't know about that but I do know that this is a nice way to mix-up your opponent not many would be expecting this.

Scoot Magee

Well it is a reset; it's a standing reset. The timing is very hard and yeah its not 100% safe because after the reset you can block or wake-up depending on your reflects. As far as the unclashable go, I don't know about that but I do know that this is a nice way to mix-up your opponent not many would be expecting this.
I just meant I would use b3 into f3 as an unclashable combo after landing something like super or an ice arrow. You're correct about the reset, I take that back.

I kinda dismissed this a while back because I thought it wasn't practical considering how hard it was to do. If it's timed late it whiffs right? If not getting a splat for a miss isn't a big deal.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I just meant I would use b3 into f3 as an unclashable combo after landing something like super or an ice arrow. You're correct about the reset, I take that back.
Right I see what you saying there; that's an efficient way of using this. But the best thing about this tech is that you can reset without using meter and some characters that don't have a standing reset now do. I'm working on a video showcase for this now, just a quick video that showcases what you can do with this.

Scoot Magee

It seems that the reset player is at a few frames of advantage at most. I just tested it with the jump method in training.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
It seems that the reset player is at a few frames of advantage at most. I just tested it with the jump method in training.
Interesting, while we were trying to do this we weren't really paying attention to the frame data but rather the timing and how someone who's never seen this will react. Is the frame advantage dependent on the character? let us know what you find.

Scoot Magee

Interesting, while we were trying to do this we weren't really paying attention to the frame data but rather the timing and how someone who's never seen this will react. Is the frame advantage dependent on the character? let us know what you find.
I only did as a green arrow mirror so far but I will check more.

I tried against like 6 characters and it's all the same so far. I actually started using raw f3 into another f3 because its a lot easier to hit. The only problem with that is that if you hit with any juggle moves before the ice arrow you have to go for the b3 f3 version.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I only did as a green arrow mirror so far but I will check more.

I tried against like 6 characters and it's all the same so far. I actually started using raw f3 into another f3 because its a lot easier to hit. The only problem with that is that if you hit with any juggle moves before the ice arrow you have to go for the b3 f3 version.
Cool. I also try this of an interactable on fortress of solitude. I think it works but the time is really strict, and I agree F3 into an F3 is a lot simpler just harder to combo or at least for me.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
And Bane can do it too!

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
So the purpose of this video is to showcase some of the combos and set-ups you can do after a B3-F3 standing reset. Now be aware that you can wake-up, block, etc after the reset but the likely hood of doing that is very low for the simple fact that this tech is relatively new and not many know of it.

All credit goes to PryceMonsta, he is the one playing. I just recorded and edited the video for him.

Be sure to subscribe and like the video, LOTS of time was spent not only editing but to land those combos at least 10-30 mins were spent for each; enjoy :)

P.S: Tell me not, that Batman 100% combo at the end is INSANE!

UPDATE: Black Adam can do both variations of this; B3-F3 and F3-F3

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
UPDATE

Alright guys so I just went through the whole cast and this are my findings. Note I did not try to do the F3-F3 variation with the previously mentioned characters (Batman, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Doomsday, and Bane) because I have already confirmed that they can do B3-F3 which is better for combos (look at the videos). On that note here are my findings

F3-F3 Confirmed

Ares
Raven
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Scorpion
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Killer Frost
Sinestro
Batgirl
Black Adam
Cyborg
Solomon Grundy
Hawkgirl
Superman
Shazam

B3-F3 Confirmed

Batman
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Black Adam
Harley Quinn
Green Arrow
Doomsday
Bane
Green Lantern

Not Working | Impossible

Catwoman (F3 is not a knockdown)
Joker (Too slow)
Flash (Doesn’t register)

Thanks to PryceMonsta and BabyMenace for helping out. I’ll have a video showing the F3-F3 confirmed characters soon stay tuned.

Be sure to try this yourself and share your findings; also spread the word and make some awesome combos!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
UPDATE

Not Working | Impossible

Catwoman (F3 is not a knockdown)
Joker (Too slow)
Flash (Doesn’t register)

Thanks to PryceMonsta and BabyMenace for helping out. I’ll have a video showing the F3-F3 confirmed characters soon stay tuned.

Be sure to try this yourself and share your findings; also spread the word and make some awesome combos!

Awesome.. But I thought it worked on Catwoman? I haven't tested it in probably a month but I usually practice on Catwoman before anyone else because that's who my training partner uses and she has one of the smallest hitboxes in the game..

I'm referring to F3 into F3 since I never practiced B3 into F3.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Awesome.. But I thought it worked on Catwoman? I haven't tested it in probably a month but I usually practice on Catwoman before anyone else because that's who my training partner uses and she has one of the smallest hitboxes in the game..

I'm referring to F3 into F3 since I never practiced B3 into F3.
Yeah for Catwoman it doesn't work at all either way (b3-f3 or f3-f3). You are more than welcome to try though, the timing is very tricky

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
I haven't been able to work on this yet, but how practical in terms of frames is it? +,0,-? Also is it even worth the potential dropped damage with GA, his mixup is still going to be block high low high. especially if our cancel advantage on arrows is gone with the next patch.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I haven't been able to work on this yet, but how practical in terms of frames is it? +,0,-? Also is it even worth the potential dropped damage with GA, his mixup is still going to be block high low high. especially if our cancel advantage on arrows is gone with the next patch.

50|50 although with some characters, it seems to be +1. I'm not too sure if it'll be worth it but its a good way to mix-up your opponent.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
The purpose of this video is just to showcase all the characters that can do the F3-F3 standing reset variation. Note I didn't show the previously mentioned characters (Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Doomsday, Bane, and Harley Quinn) because they can do the B3-F3 reset which is better for combos.

I had many people ask me the frame data on this and well basically is a 50|50. Now whether or not this is a good thing to do, well that's up to you. The timing is very strict but this is a good way to mix-up your opponents and it can set up some pretty high-damage combos, as shown on my previous video.

Thanks to PryceMonsta (prycethebeast) and BabyMenace for helping me do this videos and showcasing the tech; enjoy :)

Feel free to post any questions below, and be sure to subscribe and like the video, thanks.