What's new

Strategy Green Arrow Reset Discussion

Seapeople

This one's for you
Arrow has some dirty tricks up his quiver with an unblockable super. Name every reset you can possibly think of and lets figure out all the ways people can get out of it.

Freeze, Super:
-Completely inescapable if done correctly (applies both midscreen & corner).

(F2d13)~Super
-Midscreen can be escaped with the opponent's own super (applies to the whole cast)
-In the corner it seems to be completely guaranteed.

(111)~Super
-Can be escaped with backdash or the opponent's own super (applies both midscreen & corner).

(223)~Super
-Opponent can eat the 223 and the super will not connect (applies both midscreen & corner).
-Can also be escaped with backdash or super (applies both midscreen & corner).
-Midscreen can be escaped with very fast advancing attacks.

(B23)~Super:
-Opponent can eat the b23 and the super will not connect (applies both midscreen & corner).
-Escapable with the opponent's own super (applies to the whole cast). Many characters must input their super on the last possible frame to avoid getting hit by the arrow's explosion.
-Stage Specific: If done in the corner on certain stages, the super will whiff (need to find specific info).

(33)~Super:
-Midscreen can be escaped with the opponent's own super (applies to the whole cast).
-Midscreen the opponent can eat the 33 and the super will not connect.
-Stage Specific: If done in the corner on certain stages the opponent can eat the very last hit and the super will not connect (must start out crouch blocking, need to find specific info).
-Stage Specific: If done in the corner on certain stages, the opponent can eat the entire string to make the super whiff (need to find specific info).

111~Super:
-Only escapable with the opponent's own super (applies to the whole cast). Many characters must input their super on the last possible frame to avoid getting hit by the arrow's explosion.

Arrow (on hit) into Super
-This reset only works at a very specific distance (corner only, about two backdashes away from point blank)
-If done perfectly it can only be escaped with the opponent's own super (applies to the whole cast). Nonadvancing supers will escape the reset but won't hit Green Arrow.

7L

Heads up!
also 111 on block is safe too, they have to super out. 111 on hit is 0 and on block is -1, even if they have super they only get an extra frame to attempt to use their super to get out.

edit: saw some people using fire arrow to super, depending on how it's done, you can get this to work but hitting any button as soon as you hit the ground will allow you to get up faster, there is a timing so whenever they hit the ground, no matter what they do, they'll be forced to use their super to eat it but for some character's they'll be too far away to have their super connect. I'll look into it more when I get home tonight from class.

223 ice arrow into b3, j3, 22, ice arrow refill, super into ice arrow, b3, j3, 22, ice arrow refill.

I think you can jump out of it but I die of laughter every time I land the whole thing.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Okay I finally updated the first post a little bit. I haven't tested any knockdown set ups or stage specific stuff because that will take a ton of time. Something else I found is that if the opponent pushblocks any string that you cancel into super, the super will still hit & be completely guaranteed. Could make for some interesting set ups :)

also 111 on block is safe too, they have to super out. 111 on hit is 0 and on block is -1, even if they have super they only get an extra frame to attempt to use their super to get out.
Don't forget you're dealing with cancel advantage, not block advantage.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
223 ice arrow into b3, j3, 22, ice arrow refill, super into ice arrow, b3, j3, 22, ice arrow refill.

I think you can jump out of it but I die of laughter every time I land the whole thing.
How do you get 223 ice arrow? I can't seem to land that at all even with D4

7L

Heads up!
Okay I finally updated the first post a little bit. I haven't tested any knockdown set ups or stage specific stuff because that will take a ton of time. Something else I found is that if the opponent pushblocks any string that you cancel into super, the super will still hit & be completely guaranteed. Could make for some interesting set ups :)

Don't forget you're dealing with cancel advantage, not block advantage.
nevertheless...safe.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Are these setups on hit?
How does 111 super work? Just like the string hits and automatic super?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There is a way to use 223~super, which is actually guaranteed, but it requires some hits and a ice arrow first, i will try to share some stuff later on the week, after updating my Injustice

TimTim

Don't Hate
Can you test st.22 (on hit) super? I set the AI to jump and he couldn't jump out but they can probably super. Maybe even dash out.

ando1184

Noob
after ice arrow I do b3, uf3 and 2,2,3 but I input the 2,2,3 when the opponent nearly touches the ground and I super. This setup has worked both on and offline can someone else try this and confirm for me please?

Can you test st.22 (on hit) super? I set the AI to jump and he couldn't jump out but they can probably super. Maybe even dash out.

Superman can d1, super, jump up back, and back dash out of 22 xx super. Didnt try any other characters.

after ice arrow I do b3, uf3 and 2,2,3 but I input the 2,2,3 when the opponent nearly touches the ground and I super. This setup has worked both on and offline can someone else try this and confirm for me please?
Superman can super and use wake up rising grab to get out. didnt try any other characters

7L

Heads up!
little input here. 111 super on block and on hit can be escaped by hawkgirls bf2 (even though it is tough timing), learned this the hard way. Freeze that bitch and send her flying boys!