What's new

Strategy Green Arrow Reset and Mix-Up Options

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
More than 11.

That is not how it works Eddy. Then on block everything would be - half a second lol. With that calculation, d1 would be -10 on hit...
lol why? does d1 block advantage is -10 or -1 lololol :cool:

So, wait... you mean 11 is really +21 on hit? this is even better lol.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
LOL the damage here is not even worth talking about...its more the spacing to give cross ups and other set ups...i dont think you have thought about mixing up 11 and 11 xx arrow...that in itself is another mixup....

i guarantee you will catch more people straight after a raw 11 rather than finishing in the arrow as that kind of symbolizes the end of the combo

I use this setup sometimes, but very rarely. It depends on which character I'm playing against and how I landed the ice arrow. If I land the ice arrow off a d1 or a f2d1 or f2d13 or b2, I'm going for damage and safe arrow load (xx-ice arrow, B3, Ji3, Ji2, 223-load) I normally use this pressure reset off a raw mb b3 or in the corner. In the corner the pressure off of a reset after ice arrow is much more effective, you can actually get decent damage if they slip without needing a specific arrow loaded.

Karnage

I use this setup sometimes, but very rarely. It depends on which character I'm playing against and how I landed the ice arrow. If I land the ice arrow off a d1 or a f2d1 or f2d13 or b2, I'm going for damage and safe arrow load (xx-ice arrow, B3, Ji3, Ji2, 223-load) I normally use this pressure reset off a raw mb b3 or in the corner. In the corner the pressure off of a reset after ice arrow is much more effective, you can actually get decent damage if they slip without needing a specific arrow loaded.

yup thats exactly how i use it too, d1 ice arrow im going for damage, if off a j3 or b3 and i happen to have an arrow stocked then ill go for the reset every time, but thats just me..

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
LOL the damage here is not even worth talking about...its more the spacing to give cross ups and other set ups...i dont think you have thought about mixing up 11 and 11 xx arrow...that in itself is another mixup....

i guarantee you will catch more people straight after a raw 11 rather than finishing in the arrow as that kind of symbolizes the end of the combo
f2d1 or b2 give you more advantage for cross ups and other set ups. The 11 and 11 xx arrow really doesn't even make sense lol.

The only situation where I use 11, is after the freezing interactable in Arkham, if I have an arrow equipped. There's no point in doing a combo because it scales too much, and I'd much rather have mix ups than 5%.

Also I'm done with this thread, I'm just repeating myself, and you refuse to even test what I'm saying. So kthxbye.

Karnage

i tested it as soon as you mentioned it mate...im not stubborn when it comes to trying out other things as when Eddy Wang suggested something, i tried tested it and added it into the mixups, but after arrow you can still get any string its just the distance of 11 arrow lets you bait the cross up and hit them on the same side of the jump.

i dont know why you are being so stubborn im only trying to gather the best info on mixups for new GA's to get to grips with, or other GA's that havnt tried this sort of thing yet...sorry for trying to help....but im also done, do your own thing if it makes you feel better

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
as a third party reading this thread...and a dedicated arrow user. ( Me and Eddy Wang together again) I must say that I tink you are both saying the same thing but prefer other options.

I myself use f2d14 like Cossner because it does more damage (like 2% more but nevertheless).

Karnage prefers 11 because of its quick recovery frames but at the same time when cancelled into arrow gives you the same frame advantage as f2d14.

Whats the argument about? It seems pretty obvious that each have a different style for different reasons. no big deal.

Have we figured out EXACTLY how many frames of advantage Green trait arrow has on hit yet? is it 20?

Karnage

Fly i think its at least 22+, might even be a bit more, but i cant beat a follow up b3 with a 6 frame d1 if thats any help.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fly i think its at least 22+, might even be a bit more, but i cant beat a follow up b3 with a 6 frame d1 if thats any help.
whos b3? GAs?

My setup that I usually use after a ice arrow is dash neutral jump 2 f2d14, b3. b3 is armorable and superable but with how much space f2d14 creates people usually jump attack or block. There must only be a 2-4 frame gap in there. in fact if you are on point they might not have a gap.

If they attack or jump you get another 30% ish on top of the 25-30% reset combo. If they block it you are at +6...its pretty nasty.

Karnage

GA's b3 mate, straight after a standing arrow. i think from a raw 11 a b3 can be only poked out by a 6 frame move

yeah man the b3 set up from arrow is really quite nice

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
GA's b3 mate, straight after a standing arrow. i think from a raw 11 a b3 can be only poked out by a 6 frame move

yeah man the b3 set up from arrow is really quite nice
I don't see other arrows using it...Chris G doesn't use any of that stuff.

Karnage

i know mate i dont really know why...or i guess the ice arrow (most of the time) is used on a simple d1 punish or something

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
i know mate i dont really know why...or i guess the ice arrow (most of the time) is used on a simple d1 punish or something
If I have ice arrow loaded, I will use that over a frame trap set up...but If I land a naked b3 or a j3 air to air...ending in the f2d14 reset is a must.

Karnage

yeah same, j3 b3 all the time, the only thing i really wish was usable is the 113 set up for a quick punish...shame it seems to whiff quite a bit, but i havnt tested it enough to use as a punish...could be feasable

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm saying it's good against aquaman because of trait. Once your freeze him he activates, I load another ice while he's frozen and 50/50 him to nullify the trait.

Also against other characters if you get the 50/50 you double your damage, if you miss you sacrifice like 5-10%. Remember the first combo is unscaled because it was landed off of something like a raw mb b3. I don't hit those that often but when I do and I need the damage I go for the 50/50 at the end, especially if I need the damage.

You actually lose 15-17%. But yeah, it depends on how early they activate their trait. Too late and you kan still B3 him... D1~Arrow for example allows for a B3 if you do it immediately even if they trait.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Has anyone found any good uses for Arrow Canceling yet? Example on block. 33~4(forward dash cancel) feels like it puts you at neutral.

I've also been using 3~Arrow into Throw in my block pressure if they have really good defense and I'm having trouble opening them up when I am in there face.

Example on block, B23~Arrow, 3~Arrow Throw, the arrow seems to come out super fast after 3 and seems to throw people off.

The more I play people in this match, the better they are getting at blocking him, He just doesn't have enough different strings to visually mix people up once they recognize the animations, so I'm trying to find new interesting ways to open people up.

Karnage

what about b13 arrow cancel? i cant get on the xbox tonight, but will mess about tomorrow