What's new

Match Footage Green Arrow reps at TFC featuring 7L, Draman Kuritani against PR|Balrog, Khaotik and more

7L

Heads up!
Though most of my matches weren't streamed, AvylonTv had a recording station and we have a good amount of Green Arrow action on it.

The following matches all contain the Green Arrow representation at The Fall Classic from this past weekend. Since, all matches cannot always be streamed there are lots of matches that would go unseen if it wasn't for those recording them. Enjoy courtesy of AvylonTv ~ STORMS

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
awesome rep man, just a few questions, i know you had some tech for this but im gonna have to just ask as i cant go into the lab and check at the moment.

1. b3, j3, j11 111 load arrow, why? more damage? certain set ups??
2. d2 ice arrow - any reason? block advantage??
3. why do you end combos with 22 load arrow rather than 223?

well done man was awesome seeing another arrow in top 8 other than gesus

7L

Heads up!
awesome rep man, just a few questions, i know you had some tech for this but im gonna have to just ask as i cant go into the lab and check at the moment.

1. b3, j3, j11 111 load arrow, why? more damage? certain set ups??
2. d2 ice arrow - any reason? block advantage??
3. why do you end combos with 22 load arrow rather than 223?

well done man was awesome seeing another arrow in top 8 other than gesus

1, It's b3 j3 j2, It's more damage, against small hitbox characters you have to usually do 111 because 223 can miss, but on normal to large hitboxes you can hit 223 and drop in them right on a semi hard knockdown for set ups.

2. D2 ice arrow is my little tech, it's a little less cancel advantage than d1 arrow but it is a mindgame for the opponent, it's deceiving and also the range on it is huge, you can hit them very far out and confirm easily.
3. Depending on how they are dropping, I can usually tell if the 223 will wiff because many times in combos off anti airs, the 223 after b3 j3 will drop them awkwardly and you will wiff the 223 ender, so it's better to be safe.

Also, spoiler alert. 22 low arrow is my new tech. 10 frame starter, and you can NOT poke out on the arrow. If you turn pressure with 22 low arrow and their pokes aren't on point and they try to armor b3, the 22 will beat is on most of the cast. I caught khaotik with 22 ice arrow because I think he tried to poke out.

Being arrow's damage is sub-par at best, I like to do his max damage, double jump combos. Thinking that every ice arrow and double jump combo will add 3.5-5% damage, and I tend to catch a good amount of freezes, that extra damage will add up.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
1, It's b3 j3 j2, It's more damage, against small hitbox characters you have to usually do 111 because 223 can miss, but on normal to large hitboxes you can hit 223 and drop in them right on a semi hard knockdown for set ups.

2. D2 ice arrow is my little tech, it's a little less cancel advantage than d1 arrow but it is a mindgame for the opponent, it's deceiving and also the range on it is huge, you can hit them very far out and confirm easily.
3. Depending on how they are dropping, I can usually tell if the 223 will wiff because many times in combos off anti airs, the 223 after b3 j3 will drop them awkwardly and you will wiff the 223 ender, so it's better to be safe.

Also, spoiler alert. 22 low arrow is my new tech. 10 frame starter, and you can NOT poke out on the arrow. If you turn pressure with 22 low arrow and their pokes aren't on point and they try to armor b3, the 22 will beat is on most of the cast. I caught khaotik with 22 ice arrow because I think he tried to poke out.

Being arrow's damage is sub-par at best, I like to do his max damage, double jump combos. Thinking that every ice arrow and double jump combo will add 3.5-5% damage, and I tend to catch a good amount of freezes, that extra damage will add up.

awesome man, good stuff. gotta admit d2 ice arrow is smart + different. and 22 ice arrow...im guessing a 22 is a guaranteed hit after standing normal arrow? maybe even low arrow? could be some nice frame traps + mind games.

7L

Heads up!
awesome man, good stuff. gotta admit d2 ice arrow is smart + different. and 22 ice arrow...im guessing a 22 is a guaranteed hit after standing normal arrow? maybe even low arrow? could be some nice frame traps + mind games.

22 low arrow is guarenteed if youre at more advantage than 10 frames - the frames of their d1. So all arrows on hit will allow you a free 22. In theory, it's an infinite for batgirl because of her 8 frame d1. But its a 1 frame window and not much damage, the way you can use it though would be 22 low arrow and then she will have to respect it so you can start pressure strings such as f2d13.

There's alot of Arrows rush down game and I'm always looking for new options. Hopefully I'll have more in a few days

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Congrats man. You have shown that Arrow is a good character and that it's not just Chris (who went 2-2 in this tournament).

Maybe next time you will make me eat my ring ;)

7L

Heads up!
Congrats man. You have shown that Arrow is a good character and that it's not just Chris (who went 2-2 in this tournament).

Maybe next time you will make me eat my ring ;)
Haha thanks wound! You're still showing that skill gap between you and me. I'll develope some tech for the next time we meet. Congrats on your placing, you played great!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wow the sets against the Frost players were ridiculous. Super clutch play.

Reactions: 7L

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I missed your pools entirely 7L so when I heard not Chris G arrow was gonna be in the top 8 I was hype. The only matches I saw of yours was the one you lost in top 16 and top 8. So I was like his GA doesn't look so special.

But these matches?! Holy poop I can see where all the hype was coming from. Great stuff. That Deathstroke match up doesn't look fun at all for GA. :c

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Oh my god... the clutch was set to 11 during the second match against Khaotik! The balls of steel to not want to gain any health while down to less than 15% and a frost with more than 50% in order to risk it all for a super. Godlike bro.

Reactions: 7L

7L

Heads up!
I missed your pools entirely 7L so when I heard not Chris G arrow was gonna be in the top 8 I was hype. The only matches I saw of yours was the one you lost in top 16 and top 8. So I was like his GA doesn't look so special.

But these matches?! Holy poop I can see where all the hype was coming from. Great stuff. That Deathstroke match up doesn't look fun at all for GA. :c
Those 2 matches were my road blocks. I need to post the DJT match here when I get home. I think I turned a couple heads after saying it was 5-5 Ga vs GL despite what my fellow arrow players said.

Hopefully I can deliver at NEC or I'll turn to the dark side and teach Chris G my tech ^-^

LEGEND

YES!
Great Stuff to all the GA players specially 7L

really like the use of 22 and being smart about when you go for D1-arrows. Overall just great gameplay in general, major props