What's new

Green arrow ice arrow mix up easily blocked?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
electric arrows and situational since you need them loaded, but anti air with them is risky but you can do stuff like AA up elect arrow, b3, j3 111 load ice or something from that sort.

you can also combo pretty easily into d2, elect arrow, b3 and so on.
You can pretty much say having any arrow equipped when using f2d13 is situational. Still it's less situational than having an ice arrow because you can actually use 1 of the 2 electric arrows to get in. It's actually a solid option IMO.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I think this is one of those things that takes a lot of practice and experience in the MU, the first time I played a good GA I got bodied by that. After a training mode session and a long set I was blocking it much more consistently.

Scoot Magee

Also I've been told that arrows corner game is garbage. I don't agree with that. He has a lot of advantage strings that leave him at the perfect range to counter poke. He can limit options and force jumps and etc. I think his corner game is pretty solid. Obviously it depends on the character though. Shit doesn't work on bane lol.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Here are my thoughts, even though I don't really play anymore, so take them as you will.

here is what you posted:
With ice arrow equipped
F2d1xx instant low arrow
F2d1xx overhead arrow
F2d1xx standing arrow into low or overhead release.
F2d13xx any of the above

The reason these are all easy to block is because the opponent is always blocking low for the D1. So unless you show that you are willing to go for the 3 into something then it is easy to block all the options off F2d1. If you don't see the arrow animation you know it's the 3 and it's very possible to block this at least 95% of the time.

Depending on the opponent it's not even worth it to go for instant overhead arrow because it can be mashed out of, IE Aquaman and Hawkgirl, and you eat alot more damage then you were going to give if you hit a freeze.

If his freeze arrow didn't scale like it does, I wouldn't think he is complete shit, because then you are at least getting something for the risks you take in trying to land it.

Eitherway, when you fight someone that has alot of experience vs Arrow, you don't open them up much unless you are getting some B2 in there somehow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I definitely think this is viable! F2D1xx standing arrow into low/overhead is my personal favourite. You have to condition them with the other options such as F2D1xx instant low arrow and F2D13 to keep them from poking out though.
Thats just it, in a tourny setting you don't have time to condition anyone, and the risk reward for them to just mash out far outweighs the damage you will do if you hit them at the end of that block string. Hence most people just mash that shit and laugh at you if you do hit them.

Thats the shittiest thing about Arrow. I've said this for a long time.

The reason he is shit tier, is you have to open up your opponent 10-15 times in a match, they probably only have to open you up 5-8 depending on there character.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Here are my thoughts, even though I don't really play anymore, so take them as you will.

here is what you posted:
With ice arrow equipped
F2d1xx instant low arrow
F2d1xx overhead arrow
F2d1xx standing arrow into low or overhead release.
F2d13xx any of the above

The reason these are all easy to block is because the opponent is always blocking low for the D1. So unless you show that you are willing to go for the 3 into something then it is easy to block all the options off F2d1. If you don't see the arrow animation you know it's the 3 and it's very possible to block this at least 95% of the time.

Depending on the opponent it's not even worth it to go for instant overhead arrow because it can be mashed out of, IE Aquaman and Hawkgirl, and you eat alot more damage then you were going to give if you hit a freeze.

If his freeze arrow didn't scale like it does, I wouldn't think he is complete shit, because then you are at least getting something for the risks you take in trying to land it.

Eitherway, when you fight someone that has alot of experience vs Arrow, you don't open them up much unless you are getting some B2 in there somehow.
Actually experienced players know to block standing first since Arrow doesn't have a low starter so B2 doesn't work as well on them. I abuse the hell out of it on inexperienced players though..

Thats just it, in a tourny setting you don't have time to condition anyone, and the risk reward for them to just match out far outweighs the damage you will do if you hit them at the end of that block string. Hence most people just mash that shit and laugh at you if you do hit them.

Thats the shittiest thing about Arrow. I've said this for a long time.

The reason he is shit tier, is you have to open up your opponent 10-15 times in a match, they probably only have to open you up 5-8 depending on there character.
I definitely agree with this. You have minimal opportunities to kondition them, especially on his worse match ups.

Scoot Magee

Actually experienced players know to block standing first since Arrow doesn't have a low starter so B2 doesn't work as well on them. I abuse the hell out of it on inexperienced players though..

I definitely agree with this. You have minimal opportunities to kondition them, especially on his worse match ups.
This is why I spend the entire match pushing for the corner with mb slide and etc. I was told it doesn't matter because his corner game isn't good.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This is why I spend the entire match pushing for the corner with mb slide and etc. I was told it doesn't matter because his corner game isn't good.
The main thing I hate about his pressure is that it's mostly about guessing when they are going to jump and if you guess wrong then good luck...

It still bugs me that F2D1 doesn't kombo on air hit even when they're barely off the ground.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

lol yes, that's what I meant by blocking low for the D1, they would be blocking high to start most times. My wording for things sucks lots of most of the time ;)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
here is some food for thought, and why most people gravitate towards using Ice Arrow with Arrow.

It's very hard to punish anyone for anything otherwise.

D1 is his fastest best reaching normal.

If 113 wasn't a true high and had better reach then t rex poop range things might be different, as 113~Electric arrow leads to B3.

The fact that soooooo much shit is sooooooo f'n safe in this game forces you in most matches to have Ice Arrow loaded just to get a damn combo punish on someone if they Happen to do something that is punishable, or even check them if they are able to block since the 1 would wiff high on 113 and then they just mash and laugh at you.

Arrow is Poop, still though, he is the only fun character in the game.