What's new

Strategy Green Arrow anti wake up options

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Been wanting to post this up for a little while now. It's nothing groundbreaking but it helps when baiting certain wake up attacks. I'm sure this is nothing new and people have done things with this before but hopefully more people can come up with more ideas.

Basically you can throw out a d1 during the starting frames of a wake up attack and cancel into another move to beat it out. I made a very rough video with only 1 character example but everyone can just work off the basic concept. I've had trouble with the Black Adam match up and this helps a lot after a knockdown. Maybe someone who knows how to edit videos can eventually put something together for all characters and specific attacks.

I had to do it on my hdtv to get a good view but I'm not so used to the lag on it.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So for instance if you do d1 ice arrow it will beat the wakeup invincibility?
Maybe on certain wake ups but I haven't used that at all. For instance against black adam, like in the video, using a down 1 baits him to throw out the wake up electric cage move and you cancel into savage blast to escape the hit radius. It's 100% safe against that move and you get a knockdown.