What's new

Greatest Fighting Game Rivalries

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In recent times we have memorable adversaries like REO and CD Jr., Daigo and JWong/Infiltration etc. In your opinion, what are the most exciting rivalries in the history of the FGC, and what new rivalries are likely to grow heading into 2013 and beyond?

Could be from MK or any other game -- just your favorites, and your predictions for new ones that are starting to spring up.

Also, STORMS 9.95 Juggs I'm going to tag you guys, since you will likely remember things that other people have forgotten.

coolwhip

Noob
Daigo/Wong is obviously up there.

For MK, I don't think it can be anything other than PL vs. New York. It's really one of the pro-wrestling-esque storylines. He won EVO by beating REO, took a long hiatus, and two guys dominated the scene in his absence (particularly Jr.). Then PL makes his long awaited comeback, trash talks everyone (badly, lol), and gets bodied at MLG by Jr. in what has been the best built-up MK match to date (even if the set itself was nothing special). PL goes back to the lab, levels up, returns, and takes his vengeance on Jr, but ultimately falls short of winning the prize. Then finally, they square off in the final of the grandest stage (after PL had beaten REO en route), and Perfect Legend redeems himself for good.

It's like one of those year-long road to Wrestlemania storylines. Hell, you can add Maxter gaining some revenge for his brother by bodying PL at the following major.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Hell, you can add Maxter gaining some revenge for his bodying PL at the following major.
That was definitely one of the most memorable MK moments of 2012 for me, along with Tyrant and Jr. finally meeting up and going toe to toe. Maxter had been talking about that for months.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Brady vs the world.

I can't imagine the hype a match between UsedForGlue & myself would bring now, our hatred for one another is so deep, you'd have to censor the stream.
Another favourite of mine is Ketchup vs Mustard, in a pre-grand finals match, so they know one will knock the other out.

coolwhip

Noob
Brady vs. Denzel was awesome for MK. That whole Anaheim thing was the greatest weekend for MK ever. PL's return and runback with Jr, Jr. vs. Tyrant, and Brady vs. Denzel. Da smart stuff.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Brady vs Denzell kinda tops them all for me... That mirror match on the West Coast was too hype....

I know CDjr and Tyrant mirror was just as sick but they didnt really have beef like that it was just an amazing display of talent...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Deyrax that set last night was pretty crazy. Talk about living on the edge; FChamp looked stunned afterwards. But... Flocker!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The feud that will inevitably span two games now: Reo VS Perfect Legend.

Chris G VS The World is always fun, because it's a fight that never ends.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
PL vs. REO will always be hype simply because PL tends to avoid money matches or casuals with him lol. CDjr vs. PL, Tom Brady vs. Denzell. There are a few, but I feel like this community doesn't have "true" rivals. No one constantly shit talks and belittles their opponent like the Capcom scene. It's the one thing missing from this community. A silent crowd and dirty rivalries. It's time to change that.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Chrisg brings out the hate in everybody. I don't know if its jealousy or what but his own community hates him and wants him to fail.

So I'll say ChrisG vs the Capcom community.