What's new

Greatest Fatality?

XL

Noob
I was just wondering who everyone thinks had the best fatality in the series? It can be from the 2D or 3D games. I guess we shouldn't include Armageddon, since there were no character specific fatalities.

I can't pick just one, so I'll list my top five.

5. Sindel's Scream Skin Peel - MK3, UMK3, MKT - I know it was pretty simple, but I always loved the bloody skeleton that was left afterwards. The 3D games have never captured the same gory goodness that 2D one had.

4. Kano's Heart Rip - MK - This fatality, along with Sub Zero's head rip, is what spawned the whole outcry of how gory this series was. Even though it's one of the first fatalities ever created, but it was still really graphic to see a beating heart in Kano's hands.

3. Cyrax's Chest Trap - Deadly Alliance - I don't know what the exact name for it is, but it's where Cyrax slams his opponent three times with a claw, then he sucks them into his chest where they are chopped up into chunks and then he spews them back out.

2. Shang Tsung's Soul Stealer - MK2 - I always loved this fatality for some reason, but I really think that MK2 did it best. It was really cool to see him steal his opponent's soul and leave behind nothing but bones.

1. Kung Lao's Vertical Hat Slice - MK2 - Even after all these years, MK2 fatalities still retain their gory look. I personally feel that the hat slice was the greatest one out of the bunch. It just looked so cool.

There are also other really good ones, such as many of Deception's fatalities. Especially the torso rip fatalities that have your opponent trying to crawl away even though they have no legs, but the ones I chose were the best ones to me.

So do any of you have any fatality favorites from the series?

ZAQ

Noob
I like Laos Hat Split in mk2, Jax's arm rip mk2 and subs spine rip in mk4(although I think there is a better version)

dreemernj

Ambassador
My favorites are: MK2 Kung Lao's hat slice, MKT MK2 Jax Head Clap (with Blood Fountain), and Quan Chi's leg rip and beat.

My top 5 counting all the way up to MK4/Gold because anything after doesn't Exist to me.

5. MK4/MKG - Reptile's Face Eat... This is such a savage display of hunger, lol Reptile runs up to him and chews the guys whole face off leaving nothing but a fleshy skull, very brutal.

4. UMK3 - Reptiles Acid Puke... Another vote for reptile and another great fatality and one of the few unique ones in UMK3 that doesn't involve an explosion of 50 rib cages or some kind of skinning.

3. MK2 - Jax's Arm Rip... One of the best fatalitys in the MK world. I love the "pop off" sound it makes once the arms are pulled out. If done against Jax, Jax's bones show out his shoulders more then anyone else, so sick.

2. MK1 - Kano's Heart Rip... a great tribute to Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom (imo its just what i think of whenever i see it) Still one of the most savage fatals ever in MK.

1. MK2 - Kung Lao's Slice in Half, very brutal, very gory, we all know this fatality.

My top 5 could change whenever i think about this clearly and whatever, I just like ALL fatalitys and listed some :)

Runner Up's
MK2 Kitana Kiss of Death
MK1 SNES Raiden's Shock to Ashes

I actually think MK1 SNES Raidens "edited" fatality is better then his original head explode.

krsx

Noob
I like the top 5 idea, cus it's criminal to pick just one.

Honourable mention. Not all can be in the top 5 (obviously) so I'll just list a few I like a lot:

MK3/Gold - Smoke's/Cyrax's armageddon
MK2/MKT/Gold - Kung Lao's decapitation
MK3/Gold - Cyrax's self detonation
MK - Liu Kang's cartwheel into the Pit
MK Pit
MK2 Deadpool
MK2 Kombat Tomb
MK3 Subway
MK2 Pit II
MK4/G - Prison fan
All the Hara Kiri's
Sub Zero's spine rip in the MKSM intro

===

5) MK - Kano's heart rip. Can't remember where I got the command from, but it was the first proper fatality I did in MK1. I don't think I even knew about them (besides the Pit) before I pulled off this one. Besides the nostalgia, I just think it's gruesome, pure brutality. Bonus points for the mystique concerning the 'bite'.

4) MK4/Gold - Liu Kang's dragon fatality. I really liked seeing this MKII one revamped in 3D. The way he takes a bite and flings the body around in the air - it's a nice touch. Especially cool in the Living Forest stage, the memories of MKII come flooding back...

3) MK - Reptile's spine rip. Freakin' cool to this day. Hard to find, hard to beat, and severe punishment if you fail. MK1 and MKMSZ Sub Zero's deserve a mention too. The pool of blood after MKMSZ's is just awesome.

2) MKII - Shang Tsung's Kintaro morph. I picked this one just cus the trick to pulling it off is so unbelievably cool. I only found out about it in the last few years, and I was shocked that it could be done. It just adds insult to injury. Imagine knowing about this and pulling it off in front a huge crowd back when MKII ruled the arcades?
I wonder why they stopped putting in the extra effort and no longer include such cool hiddens like the old days?

1) MKDA - Cyrax's head smash + grind. I think this is the most violent fatality in MK history. Something about repeatedly smashing the foe's head into the ground, THEN churning them up inside before spitting them out - perfection. Tell me, why couldn't they add the better specific fatality to each character in MKA? Surely most had them from DA and D, so a little work for the others and giving each fighter their best from MKDA and MKD, then we could forget the crappy create-a-fatality.

XL

Noob
krsx said:
I wonder why they stopped putting in the extra effort and no longer include such cool hiddens like the old days?
Well, later in the series, I found that Midway relied way too much on cameo hiddens more than anything. They put alot of effort on making most character make an appearance one way or another, even if they weren't playable. I'm sure they'd defend theirselves saying that "The Krypt" is their version of hidden things in the game now.

But yeah, I'd like things like hidden/special fatalties too. I think that the feedback for the Create-a-Fatality system as a replacement for unique fatalities was met with strong negative feedback, so hopefully it won't be in the next MK game.

krsx

Noob
XL said:
I'm sure they'd defend themselves saying that "The Krypt" is their version of hidden things in the game now.
You're probably right, but the Krypt is pretty lame. Unlocking stuff, like Liu Kang's chest in MKD is nowhere near as cool as finding Reptile in MK1, Jade via Lk's in MKII, having Smoke's avatar flip round in MK3. I mean, remember uppercutting on Toasty Forden on the Portal and getting to fight Smoke? How cool was that? They had the perfect opporunity to do something similar in MKDA on the Portal stage (they even hinted at it in the Krypt pics and the intro) yet we ended up with Blaze, Mokap and a bunch of photos of the MK team...great.

Scheisse said:
Ahhhh yes, that one used to get a lot more "Hoooly Fuuuuuck"s than the others.

I don't think that there is a person here that used to play in the arcades and doesn't miss that.
I bet. It's too bad they've never referenced it in the games since, I'd have loved to have seen it in a later intro or something...

In no order

Kung Lao's triple Hat Slice in UMK3
Shang Tsung's Soul Steal in MKDA
Sub Zero's leg take out and stomp on your chest in MKD
Cyrax's in MKDA
I loved the Brutalities
Jade's Shish Kabob in MKD

TheRagingStorm said:
To me, sub - zero was always the one with good fatalities.
Subs Fatalities Suck in UMK3. I hate them. The Rip in Half is cool the first time, and thats it. MK I Spine rip Takes the Cake though as one of the best.

dubson

Noob
MK - Kano's Heart Rip
MK II - Shang Tsung's Soul Steal
MK 3 - Cyrax's Self Destruct (reminds me of predator everytime :D)

abc ur dead0 said:
TheRagingStorm said:
To me, sub - zero was always the one with good fatalities.
Subs Fatalities Suck in UMK3. I hate them. The Rip in Half is cool the first time, and thats it. MK I Spine rip Takes the Cake though as one of the best.
If you were refering to unmasked sub zero, okay, rip in half is kinda old, but ice breath was cool to me.
the classic sub zero from UMK3 is the character that shouldn't be mentioned in this category.

Dubson said:
MK - Kano's Heart Rip
I thought of the same thing when I did Sektor's flame fatality.
the cyberninja's were "predators" in my book.
They're still fuckin awesome. :D

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
TheRagingStorm said:
Dubson said:
MK - Kano's Heart Rip
I thought of the same thing when I did Sektor's flame fatality.
the cyberninja's were "predators" in my book.
They're still fuckin awesome. :D
Its cause the dreads