What's new

General/Other Great job AK Harold at Kumite!

SZSR

Noob
I do want to take the time to give props for the other Flashes for showing up:
@Master D.
@Rational Jim (@ImNewbieSauce I don't know Jim's tag my bad)

Please keep doing what you're doing, the Flash was only a single man once. As the years went on, many carried the mantle of the Flash. Hope to see you guys in future tournaments.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My main goal for 2014 is that people will finally learn to spell Rebelo's name correctly. He won a major and he deserves more respect that this.

But ahem, congrats Harold on becoming Flash of America :D

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yup. Big time congratz to @AK Harold as his Flash was impressive as hell. Harold was another "stream darling" as the chat switched from "Injust ass is boring" to " Flash brings the hype!" Stream was doing the Jim Jim Jim James chant even though they had no fucking clue why. Ok, DMS and Saucy Jack had a lot to do with that too.

Last edited:

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Amazing stuff
I got a mini heart attack when you dropped combos against king
Master D's patience is unreal, the wait he dealt with the BS was out of this world
I wouldn't be suprised if you win your next major

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Was the ares community the originator of this type of thread after DTN? lol

Rebelo

Noob
My main goal for 2014 is that people will finally learn to spell Rebelo's name correctly. He won a major and he deserves more respect that this.

But ahem, congrats Harold on becoming Flash of America :D
Lol rebelo is my last name all my boys alway called me by my last name instead of my first name (matt) so i made it my gamer tag lol im Portuguese by the way i never knew my last name would blow up like this i dont mind its koo just dont be using it in disrespectful way see how its not just my gamer tag but my last name ;) spell that shit right YOU JUST DONT KNOW!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lol rebelo is my last name all my boys alway called me by my last name instead of my first name (matt) so i made it my gamer tag lol im Portuguese by the way i never knew my last name would blow up like this i dont mind its koo just dont be using it in disrespectful way see how its not just my gamer tag but my last name ;) spell that shit right YOU JUST DONT KNOW!
If I could 'Like' this post twice, I would.

At around 02:10:19

I kould probably figure it out by watching it though. Just didn't know the archive was up....

Edit: Figured it out..

J1, 11~Trait, LK, B22~LK, B22F3~LK, B22F3~Flying Uppercut 50%

@Krayzie
Sorry just saw this. Yes full credits goto @GGA Dizzy for that combo.

And yes I was quite upset about dropped everything and the non transition B3 etc. I lost a lot of focus and need to be more disciplined next tournament I attend. Also, Forever King and Saltface are just nightmares to get in on safely.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Sorry just saw this. Yes full credits goto @GGA Dizzy for that combo.

And yes I was quite upset about dropped everything and the non transition B3 etc. I lost a lot of focus and need to be more disciplined next tournament I attend. Also, Forever King and Saltface are just nightmares to get in on safely.
Props to @GGA Dizzy then.. Didn't expect so much damage from an Air to Air..

At least you didn't drop that swag kombo.. lol. But yeah. I think you would've won against Saltface if you had just punished the Kartwheels with a full kombo instead of the Flying Uppercuts. I only saw you do it once and I thought you were going to keep doing it but then you went back to Flying Uppercut punishes.. Was it top 8 jitters or were you just not komfortable with blocking the kartwheel standing and then punishing?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
was new to me lack of lab time. will change it
Now that I finished labbing up all my Arrow oki for the whole kast I'm going to start focusing on Martian and Arrow more. Do you think we should start a character specific oki thread? So we kan update it with things like F3 jumping over Nightwing's Staff Spin and timing F3 so Superman's Scoop and Rising Grab will wiff?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Your name has become a legend

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Big congrats to @AK Harold. He really showed a new level of flash which will only improve with time. Flash, IMO, is a very high execution char who despite doing very high dmg with trait, cannot just "play his game" and win. He truly takes time to master. I think this being harolds first major I would not be surprised at him doing better at FR.

Flash players are the coolest players, and hanging out with Harold, @Master D. , @Jim this weekend makes me want to play flash or at least go in the lab and figure out some new tech.

GGA Max

Props to @GGA Dizzy then.. Didn't expect so much damage from an Air to Air..

At least you didn't drop that swag kombo.. lol. But yeah. I think you would've won against Saltface if you had just punished the Kartwheels with a full kombo instead of the Flying Uppercuts. I only saw you do it once and I thought you were going to keep doing it but then you went back to Flying Uppercut punishes.. Was it top 8 jitters or were you just not komfortable with blocking the kartwheel standing and then punishing?
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
1 50% kombo punish out of 3 punish attempts is worth more than 3 successful 7% punishes. Especially when failure means +1 frame advantage with possibility of mix ups...

Plus, Flash is "Faster than Light!"

Excellent Flash play by @AK Harold and congrats on the top 8.

It's a shame you had to leave early because we never had a chance to play and discuss strategies/tech. Regardless, it was great meeting and talking to you during the time you were there.

You're definitely the best Flash. I can live with second best..... for now.

Also, my nickname for you: AK "Faster Than You" Harold.