What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Grandmaster vs. Cryomancer?

Durango

Enhancer
I'm still wondering whether or not it's imperative to keep the classic corner combos for surefire damage and match control, or if Cryomancer is a better option due to the hammer and more aggressive style.

i just want to know more about cryomancer

grandmaster seems boring, more of the same. cryomancer seems more agressive/fun but is it as effective?

cryomancer gets the best uppercut in the game

a strong combo string (19% on its own) that leaves the enemy standing (no wake up games)

a second overhead with hammer (wich seems virtually pointless unless you are using EX version from what i can tell)

i mean, the uppercut and that combo string has me excited...i feel like either hes completly lacking (as some of the unique combos seem pointless) or he is a hidden gem. im not sure tho.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Raw hammer is not pointless. It basically a safe overhead that you can use to pressure your opponents after you train them to block low.

how is it safe? its so slow, cant even combo with it. perhaps i do not understand. its so slow it seems like someone could block it on reaction.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
how is it safe? its so slow, cant even combo with it. perhaps i do not understand. its so slow it seems like someone could block it on reaction.
Yes they can block it on reaction, but that doesn't mean it can always be punished at proper range. It has incredible knockback and range. You don't need to combo with it for it to be a good move. It is a strong tool when used correctly in the neutral game.