What's new

Grace Randolph - Beyond the Trailer will be at E-Sports Mk11 finals

Gojira Prime

Zoner Green Lantern for Injustice 3.
(1) Perhaps BoP did worse than WW and Joker because BoP features a cast of essentially B and C-tier DC characters who the majority of the film-going audience don't know of. Also, while the later trailers were pretty good, the first one or two trailers were not that appealing. Also, I would argue that Joker was the furthest thing from "an actual comic booky, good story accurate to source material"

(2) I like Jeremy too. I would also suggest you guys check out John Campea, very good movie pundit imo
They were B/C listed characters. But they also changed them so much they were pretty much made up new characters. I mean Black Canary is a legacy character that is herself and important character and connected to alot of important characters and events. If you actually know Black Canary source material changing her black is just weird. Not to mention they picked a terrible actress for Huntress IMO.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NOTE: Now before someone attacks me with some "omg you racist or bigot blah, blah" no I just want a movie about my favorite characters to respect source material if that's not too much to ask regarding my next point here. Thank you.

They were B/C listed characters. But they also changed them so much they were pretty much made up new characters. I mean Black Canary is a legacy character that is herself and important character and connected to alot of important characters and events. If you actually know Black Canary source material changing her black is just weird. Not to mention they picked a terrible actress for Huntress IMO.
Pretty much, unfortunately that's the trend now days. They insist on doing it, lose money then blame others for it and wonder why lol. I read the other day that wolverine said something that was gay or boarderline gay that bothered people and that they're considering making Spider-Man Bi-Sexual....like if they created new characters that want to be gay, bi, tran, ecosexual whatever fine but IDK why they keep doing this to legacy characters along with racebending. Then if you racebend the wrong way, they get upset. Exactly what I'm saying, Black Canary I'd consider at least a B list character if not B+ or A- given she's nearly everywhere now between games, tv shows, movies etc but when I first saw that actress I figured oh must be a newer character or someone for the movie but Black Canary I was like huh? They did the same thing in Spider-Man with MJ and Zendaya, Flash being an indian kid etc, etc They think it'll help their movies, being "diverse" and all that bs but it clearly doesn't as we've seen.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Is this topic still about OP having a crush on that femme?
fyi....it came up during a youtube auto-play thing and I noticed MK11 mentioned and her being there and her covering Injustice back in the day. I don't play for that team so I don't get crushes on females. I felt it relevant to MK11. everyone else derailed it.

lol I am not surprised you were the first and only person to defend her from her SJW rants, it's cute. I'd ask you if you actually watched any of her reviews, critics etc but pretty obvious you haven't so I'll just leave this here.

Err her posts above would say otherwise, she clearly admits that racebending Black Canary is a good idea for the movie. And her review is split literally, she breaks up what she likes and dislikes but goes off on the whole "gays aren't represented enough, cowardly" but at least she admits the fact that the whole making every guy in the movie a scumbag or women hater was dumb. Then of course in that post of hers she goes on about why racebending is a great idea for the little mermaid but I'm not even going to get into that....now I know her post was from last August, however she still feels the same way about it and isn't even consistent about it. In Lady &The Tramp she felt it wasn't necessary but is for Black Canary? What? lol Contradicting much? You're either for it or not, can't be "oh for this series I am, but that I'm not"

Yeah in her review of it she talks about the pros and cons of it but more so what I'm referring to is WHY she thinks movies will be good or are good sometimes that have more to do with being PC rather than the plot of movie, just check out the pic I posted above. She's a bit all over place with her reviews tbh, one day she'll say one thing, the next another so she's anything but consistent. I prefer Jeremy Jahns, I agree with his critiques personally. He said it wasn't horrible but could have been better and even admits the whole "hate men, all scumbags things" is a bit lame and needs an actual motivation instead of just the whole "women power, all men suck bs. She also calls the fact that the movie isn't "gay enough" cowardly even though the movie hints at it a few times. The only thing I agree with her on tbh is that she actually admits the whole "man hating is dumb" Like we get it Harley broke off with Joker, all men are bad, scumbags in the movie which is a weak agenda by the writer that wasn't necessary. This is the one thing I agree with her on, but Jeremy and many others pointed out this as well. The whole thing with making BM a women hater and gay was stupid, goes against the characters origins and just was forced.

At any rate, the movie failed ultimately because it was more concerned about personal agendas, messages than a good plot which is why it was trash compared to movies like WW.
lmao dude I've been watching her for years I know more than enough to point out the obvious, clearly you are in denial and from what I can tell her only fan here. lol I just posted solid proof she's inconsistent, she's gotten ccalled out on it by several people and worries about stupid shit like "gender bending and Gay stuff not getting enough time" or that "all men suck" bs nobody cares about that shit but SJW's, it's why BOP tanked. That and she antagonizes people then tries to backpedal on it by saying stupid shit to be honest.

You clearly misunderstood me as I don't "hate her" for not liking or liking a movie....imagine being a "professional movie critic" and ignoring source material and worrying about PC bs instead.:D:rolleyes: Oh wait....that's Hollywoke, I mean Hollywood now in general....just ask yourself, why did BOP flop as oppose to say WW and Joker? Oh because maybe we got an actual comic booky, good story accurate to source material as oppose to PC bs that nobody cares about? hmmm just saying brah.

That being said, she's no Jeremy Jahns. If I'm going to watch a YT movie critics, it'll be him because at least he knows his source material and is a fan of the things he reviews.
Ok well first off Harley Quinn is not a B or C tier character. She's as A as any female in comics or fiction. I mean who honestly doesn't know Harley Quinn? lol she's been around since the early 90's, she's easily one of the most popular comic book female characters and villains/anti-heroes in comics. And she's Jokers GF and I'm pretty sure everyone and their mom knows who Joker is.

I'd say the more realistic reason would be...Perhaps BOP did bad due to just a shitty plot, having every guy be women hating dick for sake of such and gender bending that look nothing like the actual characters(this doesn't help their case with Harley being the one exception) or having characters in there just to be "there". ie Cassie Cain? Everyone knows who Harley Quinn and Black Canary is man. Renee Montoya ok, I'll give you her but Huntress I'd say could go either way, the problem is she wasn't even in it that long and none of them with Harley and towards the end BC looking remotely like their comic counterparts. I mean they say a big reason why they chose that roster was "because they're less popular or known" then proceeds to dress them up looking nothing like they look in the comics lol. I mean kind of counter intuitive if you ask me.

Joker IMO was done better than anyone in BOP imo because it's an origin story, and they loosely followed a few different stories in Joker books actually in the books Joker literally says in a few stories "all it takes is one bad day to lose it" That's pretty much what happened in Joker....plus Joker keep in mind has no official backstory in the books, there's confirmed 3 Jokers in the DCU canon lore, all with a different backstory I'm sure, at the moment unknown. They're supposed to write those later this year I heard. It's realistic as to how a Joker could become a Joker that's for sure. There's been stories in the comics where a regular guy was Joker before he lost his mind and became Joker much like Arthur Fleck. So I'd have to disagree with you there regarding Joker. In an origin film not specifically based on any canon known material of Joker's origin(in the books) it made perfect sense to have this origin represent a live version of Joker. The other live versions are a mystery, he's already Joker except for Jack's maybe apparently he was always a thug in that universe who lost his mind yet remained a criminal once he fell into the vat. at ACE chemicals. Ledger's Joker while amazing was actually pretty far from the comics since it was just a crazy guy with war face paint who loved Chaos, telling various stories that the audience doesn't even know is true or not. The way Joker was done was a different approach to comic book movies for sure but doesn't mean it wasn't close to the books in any way, shape or form. There were quite a few comic book nods in the movie.

I think Joker you have a bit more breathing room to work with regarding his origin for any universe since he doesn't have a "set one" you know? Not like say Batman or Superman.

2. I agree about Jeremy, he's also friendly I've chatted with him a little bit in streams though he hasn't done one in a while. I think I've heard of the other guys name but will check. Ever watch AVGN? He's pretty funny but in my age range era so I can relate to him with his anger for certain games, movies etc
NOTE: Now before someone attacks me with some "omg you racist or bigot blah, blah" no I just want a movie about my favorite characters to respect source material if that's not too much to ask regarding my next point here. Thank you.

Pretty much, unfortunately that's the trend now days. They insist on doing it, lose money then blame others for it and wonder why lol. I read the other day that wolverine said something that was gay or boarderline gay that bothered people and that they're considering making Spider-Man Bi-Sexual....like if they created new characters that want to be gay, bi, tran, ecosexual whatever fine but IDK why they keep doing this to legacy characters along with racebending. Then if you racebend the wrong way, they get upset. Exactly what I'm saying, Black Canary I'd consider at least a B list character if not B+ or A- given she's nearly everywhere now between games, tv shows, movies etc but when I first saw that actress I figured oh must be a newer character or someone for the movie but Black Canary I was like huh? They did the same thing in Spider-Man with MJ and Zendaya, Flash being an indian kid etc, etc They think it'll help their movies, being "diverse" and all that bs but it clearly doesn't as we've seen.

Holy shit man calm down