What's new

"Gotcha Grab" Tech?

Theme

Noob
Its a coincidence. Bruno must have been anticipating for a jump in, thus his anti-air. The move just happened to make him duck under the fans.

Dont take my word for it though, its pure speculation on my part.

Edit:
Im not quite sure on my speculation anymore, since Bruno has done that a few times since that happened. Ill leave it up to the pro jaxs lol.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Huh, all characters can duck the fans, but avoiding them and building meter at the same time would be good, not sure it's worth the risk of eating the fans though.

I know tyrant reactions could do that consistently, no one takes advantage of using gotcha grab to build meter like tyrant!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
STORMS he didnt avoid it because of the gotcha grab, he simply ducked then gotcha grabbed. the duck naturally happens when you press down to back anyway.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Last night EGP_TYRANT gotcha grabbed Liu Kangs dragon kick in flight... bananas

That move has crazy priority... actually Jax holds priority in so mnany scenarios

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its a coincidence. Bruno must have been anticipating for a jump in, thus his anti-air. The move just happened to make him duck under the fans.

Dont take my word for it though, its pure speculation on my part.

Edit:
Im not quite sure on my speculation anymore, since Bruno has done that a few times since that happened. Ill leave it up to the pro jaxs lol.
If this is complete edition then thats why

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Oh shitttttttttttttttttt I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

Huh? What does the Komplete Edition have to do with it? Just curious.
Komplete edition is buggy and when i mean buggy i mean buggy

after FR videos are finished uploading to youtube ill post videos w examples

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
you can air grab some retarded shit sometimes. Scorpion ground teleports, sonya's cartwheel, but ducking fans is news to me

Truth

Noob
This is old tech that Tyrant discovered, he just didn't make a post about it :) He did this consistently against 16 Bit's Kitana in casuals at SCR:

What s up guys, I am the one who recorded the matches, I can say that Mr. Bruno uses that tech on reaction, no luck involved or whatsoever , Mr felipe and him discovered a glitch the will have to be urgently fixed we are just making sure if anybody has discovered it before we go on andrelease the video.

Take care guys..

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
it looks like he's just ducking the fan and then when it's right over his head whiffing air gotcha to build meter.

The air gotcha goes forward and up as the fan is moving behind him, so by the time Jax's body gets higher up the hit box of the fan is past him. Seems like meter building tech rather than projectile avoidance tech. Much in the same way that people whiff nut punch under projectiles to keep up with meter building.

Theme

Noob
I was trying to hold on to my secret..but ANY air projectile in range of Air gotcha grab whiffs against jax. I tested it a million times.
Im still kind of confused about this. Does this mean that say a Liu high fireball will miss if you do the air GB? How about his low fireball.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
it looks like he's just ducking the fan and then when it's right over his head whiffing air gotcha to build meter.

The air gotcha goes forward and up as the fan is moving behind him, so by the time Jax's body gets higher up the hit box of the fan is past him. Seems like meter building tech rather than projectile avoidance tech. Much in the same way that people whiff nut punch under projectiles to keep up with meter building.
True dat. I didn't think about it that way
Usually I just try to punch those

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does this not work in the same way that uppercuts do, your active hitbox is seen as crouching as you input the motion with a D input, and stays crouching for the animation?

Or hes just timing it so that his down inputs step under the fireball, not sure which but either way its building some meters FO FREE.