What's new

Got beat up by a Quan Chi and a Scorpion today.

Durango

Enhancer
I don't know if I'm being too predictable, but they just need to keep a little distance, start up a combo, and it's ggs for me.

A lot of them use a High attack that hits me while I'm crouching, which severely throws off my poke game. And of course Quan Chi has Medium - Low or Low - Medium combos and resets, so it's really hard to play defense when they see you blocking, jump punch over you, and do it again. Baiting my Shadow Kick and punishing my flash kick with a quick poke also doesn't help.

I don't have a lot of options besides Forward 3, Crouching 4, jump punch into Forward 4, or baiting with fire balls. If I attempt a Forward 3 combo, they jump right before I hit and I get punished. Even though I know Mr. Johnny Frametrap is supposed to excel at close-range, I feel he's getting seriously outmatched.

blanked

Noob
I found that for a while with quan chi. What I started doing was keeping a bit of range, just out of jump in so if he tried to jump in i could do b3 and start a combo. once he's nut punched, mix him up with 21, f32, down pokes etc and throw in some f33exfirballs. if he escapes and gets range on you, do the same as before and keep range. Worse postition to be in is just infront of him blocking because he has enough mix up strings to get a high damage combo on the go regardless of what block you're performing. Make sure you don't pressure when he's knocked down because he can start a high damage combo from wake up. What you want is that you're only at close range on your terms so that's either through punishes or you manage to get close enough when he's on the defensive.

only do wakeup attack if he's pressuring you, for example if he's trying to do a cross over jump whilst you're lying down. Otherwise, tech role and get range again.