What's new

Question - Goro Goro's best variation?

Which Goro variation is the best?

• Tigrar

• Kuatan warrior

• Dragon fang

Results are only viewable after voting.
Been messing with DF some more, I'm actually starting to like it more than the others... The extra range on d1 is great, the slightly greater damage on his bnbs, the option to mix in a low special are all great. It also feels like some of his bnbs feel easier to land possibly because of hitbox changes, and am I imagining things or is u2/u1 got a better hitbox as well? All in all really enjoying DF and plan on sticking with it for a while. @Vintagesoul I'm here to listen to all wisdom you have to offer.
Honestly, I've only been playing DF for a few weeks, so not much insight. Already posted most of what I've figured out so far.

Main points:

- Fang Low is a strong, safe low check. Its range is comparable to Cassie's b1.

- Its important to maximise the most out of dash-run (pressing block during the recovery frames of the dash to maximise speed and distance) to get Oki options off Shokan stabs. Use F4 and Fang Low to 50/50, PW to beat Backdash and ex fang low or ex PW to beat wake ups. Fang Low recovers fast so you can get a d1 if they delay wake up.

- d1 is this characters bread and butter because it beats so many buttons. Figuring out when to xx into Fang Spin, do Shokan stabs (there's a big frame gap between d1 and Shokan stabs, so you do this only is you think they're trying to block another d1xxFang Spin) or block is an important part of this characters leaning curve.

- Yes U1/U2 and d2 all seem to have slight disjointed hit boxes that make their priority even better. Still, there are some moves (kung Jin jump 1) that are best AAed with ex Fang Spin.

This variation is amazing but the bad run and large hurt box probably means that he has bad match ups against strong zoners.

Yak

Noob
kuatan I would have to say is the best of the three imo. Though I mainly just use dragon fangs

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I've had the most problems against Khutan Warrior so that would be my vote. Don't take my opinion seriously because I get bodied by Goro regardless of variation.