What's new

Tech - Kuatan Warrior Goro vs. The World + Corner Setup

Decay

King of the Bill
Hey fellas, been busy as hell but managed to record some matches and make a new series for my Youtube.
Now, if you don't want to watch the whole video, I have a corner set-up for Kuatan Warrior only at the end of the video, you can skip to 16:35 to see just that.
Basically you punch walk your opponent into the corner and instead of finishing your combo with a shokan grab or perhaps a stomp, you uppercut them out of the corner and then combo with either 11 chest lunge, or down 4 chest lunge. The 11 chest lunge does 1% more damage but only connects if your opponent is high enough in the air after the uppercut. I usually stick to down 4 chest lunge because it connects every time and you only sacrifice the 1% damage. This set-up is unique because it positions Goro at plus frames at jump distance away, allowing a jump in kick xx shokan grab. If the kick connects, the SG combos and you get nice damage, and if they block the jump kick, the SG will tick throw and you get damage also. Obviously they can armor out after the jump kick. Also, if your opponent does a delayed wakeup, your jump kick just whiffs and you get your oki regardless as they stand up.
Keep in mind I'm not on the forums much lately and I'm not sure if this is old or not but it seems to work really well for me. Let me know what you think and enjoy the series.

Skip to 16:35 to see the chest lunge set up.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Awesome. I actually like the chest lunge to whiff punish and punish blocked attacks that push you away too far to punish with fast normals. Thanks though
Yeah, one of the main uses is against Johnnys EX Nut Punch, since the SG seems to be inconsistent against that, I always chest lunge.

Last edited: